And then the fight started:

Rob

My wife and I were sitting at a table at her high school reunion, and she kept staring at a drunken man

swigging his drink as he sat alone at a nearby table. I asked her, "Do you know him?"

"Yes", she sighed, "He's my old boyfriend.

I understand he took to drinking right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear he hasn't been sober since.

" "My God!" I said, "Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?"

And then the fight started...

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Told the g/f that I'd buy her a ring........but I found a Harley instead........

and that is when the fight started.

With a bulletproof truck like a Mack you elevated the standards. Purchase a Harley and she'd never see you as it would always need work.

Can't says I blame her.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

LOL!!! Sad part is I am looking tomorrow!! (the ring thing has come/gone and she doesn't care anyway). Got the Shadow put back together(finally) and I want something that has some good ol American "thump" to it. That foreign "hum" just doesn't cut it.

Some how, in the next month or so I'll have a Softail Custom.

(anyone interested in a very nice 2000 1100 Shadow Sprirt?)

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

LOL!!! Sad part is I am looking tomorrow!! (the ring thing has come/gone and she doesn't care anyway). Got the Shadow put back together(finally) and I want something that has some good ol American "thump" to it. That foreign "hum" just doesn't cut it.

Some how, in the next month or so I'll have a Softail Custom.

(anyone interested in a very nice 2000 1100 Shadow Sprirt?)

I gotta start to riding mine too. Haven't put a thousand miles on it since loading at your place!

Rob

I've rode the wheels off the Honda in the last couple years. It puked oil out the rear rocker cover and has been in pieces since August!! Silly cone only, no gaskets. It's together, cleaned up and ready to roll. Got introduced to owner of local bike place(that I frequently window shop at) and they have some Customs coming this week and he's cutting me some good money off retail so it's worth it. Priced better then few on Craigslist. We'll see tomorrow. If not, very soon.

That's the problem, those big "highway bagger" type bikes are too much to run around town on(in my opinion). I'm not ready for that and my back doesn't like riding that long anyway. Honda just doesn't make anything that has any sound to it. I'm a hot rodder, I want a bike that sounds like something. Some people don't understand it.....and likely never will.

Larry

I've rode the wheels off the Honda in the last couple years. It puked oil out the rear rocker cover and has been in pieces since August!! Silly cone only, no gaskets. It's together, cleaned up and ready to roll. Got introduced to owner of local bike place(that I frequently window shop at) and they have some Customs coming this week and he's cutting me some good money off retail so it's worth it. Priced better then few on Craigslist. We'll see tomorrow. If not, very soon.

That's the problem, those big "highway bagger" type bikes are too much to run around town on(in my opinion). I'm not ready for that and my back doesn't like riding that long anyway. Honda just doesn't make anything that has any sound to it. I'm a hot rodder, I want a bike that sounds like something. Some people don't understand it.....and likely never will.

My lack of riding is more of a time managment thing. Maintaining equipment that is in excess of 60 years old is becoming more of a chore each year. This set is scheduled for replacement/upgrade in May of 2013 if I can only hold out that long. We are to the point where field spares are just plain worn out and unable to hold tolerance any longer. It is to the point I like to see parts arrive that have been sitting on a shelf for 20 plus years as opposed to it's modern day replacement/equivilent..........

One of the radars has been out of service for over nine weeks; DEAD, I'm talking. I finally returned it about an hour ago. There are just not many parts available any longer.

Rob

I just went thru my 97 Yamaha Vstar 650 "custom" this fall.. New paint, rubber, lowered the rear with a Indy car front spring, cut 1/2" out of the fork springs to lower the front. Added some new chrome,put the yamaha "classic" fenders on, removed the passenger seat... 58 degrees today. should have been on it!

here are the before and after shots

Before

IMAG0235.jpg

IMAG0236.jpg

After

utf-8BSU1BRzA2MDIuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA1OTguanBn.jpg

I heard years ago that your dog will always love you more then your wife .This is tested by locking them both in the trunk of a car and letting them out 24 later and just see who is happy to see you . and then the fight started .

I'm a hot rodder, I want a bike that sounds like something. Some people don't understand it.....and likely never will.

I'd rather have a quiet bike with some real git-up-n-go and handles well as opposed to a bike that sounds bad-ass but is all bark & no bite.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I like this one-

I asked my wife, "Where do you want to go for our anniversary?"

It warmed my heart to see her face melt in sweet appreciation.

"Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!" she said.

So I suggested, "How about the kitchen?"

And that's when the fight started....

Here's some bikes I used to have- the red one is a 750 Kawasaki, about '78 I think. Black one is an '80 or '81 1000 Kawasaki. I had a couple of Hondas before these, a 360 and a 500, but I have no pictures of either.

And of course the bottom one is the one I have now.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I'd rather have a quiet bike with some real git-up-n-go and handles well as opposed to a bike that sounds bad-ass but is all bark & no bite.

I'm not into speed on two wheels, got my other hot rods for that stuff. I can't stand "quiet" anything. Maybe in 20 yrs, but not now.

my Honda

SDC10602.jpg

goes fast and makes noise: on the street or track

SDC10391.jpg

• Like 2

Larry

Told the Mrs. i wanted to hire a live-in housekeeper to help her with the day to day chores as i'm on the road all week,and she works primarily at night. I interviewed many prospects,with great experience,good references,their own supplies etc.for $100.00 per week (picture one) but settled for a 22 year old foreign exchange student with no work experience,does not speak english,clean what? does not like children etc. for $1000.00 a week! (i chose number two).........................And then the fight started!.............Mark

post-5836-0-54970300-1325945709.jpg

post-5836-0-68993300-1325945727_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

one of the "mack pack" members told me that when looking to buy a old truck it is better to buy frist and then ask for forgivness then to ask permission i am glad that works for him but that is when the fight starts for me [ thanks jimmy ]