Happy New Year!

Barry

Happy New Year to all. Hard to beleive it was one year ago to the day that I dragged the 52 home. Time to get working on it for the '12 season.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Happy New Year to all. Hard to beleive it was one year ago to the day that I dragged the 52 home. Time to get working on it for the '12 season.

If you have the horsepower in your wallet and the time and fortitude to bring home one every year on this day, you will have quite a stable of Macks!

Happy New year!

If you have the horsepower in your wallet and the time and fortitude to bring home one every year on this day, you will have quite a stable of Macks!

I can afford the trucks; I can't afford the divorce!

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

My answer is to drag home so many to resell, that she does not know which ones I plan to keep - I know the last thing in the world I want is to be married to someone like me, so I better appreciate the blushing bride that already is used to my hi-jinks!

My answer is to drag home so many to resell, that she does not know which ones I plan to keep - I know the last thing in the world I want is to be married to someone like me, so I better appreciate the blushing bride that already is used to my hi-jinks!

You and I are more alike than you know.

If my wife ever found out how many trucks I actually own, I would be in a world of hurt.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

We have a place on our farm where we tore down a old house with a nice wide gravel lane and entrance way. If the truck numbers start piling up where she can see them from the ponderosa, like when it is too muddy to hide them in the cow lots, I park them there for a week or two. I wait until we all drive by there and then the conversation goes like this:

Blushing bride: "Is that red truck new? I thought you were not needing to buy anything else right now?"

Me: "Oh, that is one I have had for a while, you just never had the pleasure of seeing it yet."

Blushing bride: "Hummmm"

Kid #1 after a elbow to the ribs: "Yeah, that has been here a long time, its not new"

Me: "Honey I would clear it with you before I bought something that I don't really need"

Kid #2 after a nod of my head: "Yeah, I remember that one, dad really did not want to buy it, but he had to have it for the FARM"

Blushing bride: "oh, okay, I thought it was just one you were going to play with or sumpin"

Kid#3 after a elbow to the ribs from Kid #1: "Yeah, Dad bought that to use, he got it at that auction a long time ago for only $100.00."

Blushing bride: "WOW, that is a really good deal!"

Kid#4 after a gentle nudge with my boot: "I don't feel so good, can we go home now?"

Blushing bride to Kid #4: "Oh sweetie, I am sorry, we don't have to look at these old trucks, lets go home."

Kid#5 later that day "Dad, when do we get those milkshakes you promised us?"