B models with intergal sleepers

These are quite rare. The only ones I've ever seen belonged to Tobin's First Prize Meats. In the early 70's these trucks could be seen often between Rochester and Albany, NY on the Thruway along with the R models Tobin had. No idea how many were made, but must have been rare as these were the few I ever saw. Thanks,Steve

We had a moving company in Smithtown that was buying and restoring/updating B sleepers for tri state use in the 70's also a Dump company that had a pair in use til the late 90's on L.I.. Was always interested in the early MACK sleeper units. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I also always liked the B-model integral sleepers,there is a B-61 in the woods about 20 miles from here,but i have been un-able to find out who it belongs to,would have been a nice one to restore,but now it is slam full of bulletholes!...................................Mark

post-5836-0-08275200-1324654958_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-21151300-1324654972_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

hay mark can you get some pics of that one you said is in the woods?

Vinny,been trying to,just never seem to have the time,the one in the woods is in about the same shape as the one Jay posted,but its missing engine,trans.and front sheetmetal,hood,fenders etc.................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

It was a 56' B61. I was bought from a bank auction in 86' by the fellow I got it from. I think he said he rebuilt the engine then and parked it soon after. I dont know who bought it new but Paul can find out, he has the title and Vin to it. I was going to clean it out and up for him but after I found the snake and snake skins in the truck I stopped. I did get 95% of the weeds , briars, and vines off it.

It was in sad shape, the only reason id see trying to save it is a early'r integral sleeper.

It was a 56' B61. I was bought from a bank auction in 86' by the fellow I got it from. I think he said he rebuilt the engine then and parked it soon after. I dont know who bought it new but Paul can find out, he has the title and Vin to it. I was going to clean it out and up for him but after I found the snake and snake skins in the truck I stopped. I did get 95% of the weeds , briars, and vines off it.

It was in sad shape, the only reason id see trying to save it is a early'r integral sleeper.

ya jay i dont like snakes eather. they are creepy and id like to shoot them, LOL vinny

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

The B-61 sleeper cab in the photos from Jay is pretty typical of these cabs after a few years of neglect. But - the A pillars are in great shape, the floors and the bunk area are good, the roof is excellent, and the cab itself really is not too bad. It's pretty ugly - but that's what makes them cheap!

That truck of Doug's is what motivated me to go look for one of these old girls. With a little wax and some elbow grease, mine will look just like his!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Paul Van Scott