Scary day today

41chevy

1st good thing. Finished up putting the bigger tanks on my R and got it up and running, Filled them both up to the top for under $800 At only $3.83.9 from Valero.

2nd good thing. Took my 88 Dodge in for it's annual NYS inspection torture test.It is run on a dyno up to 65 mph and usually fails 2 or 3 times before another test vehicle steps in. It fails because it has a NP435 truck transmission in it and the lag shifting it causes the test to fail. Well today I go in and no dyno! Just a safety inspection. NYS eliminated the dyno on all pre OBD II vehicles. Instead of $40 in only cost $21.

3rd good thing. Took my 89 Dodge for its inspection too. Its a Cummins. No snap test or anything, just safety too. Fear I used up all of my luck though. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Usually right before Christmas the doo doo hits the fan with me.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Dont you love it when your day goes as planned!!!

Here in IL they got rid of the dynos as all these new cars are alot lower and the bodywork is to close to the wheels. I had a 97 Honda Civic track day car with lowered suspension. went in to the emissions and they wanted me on the dyno. I said it will not clear the rollers as they had this wierd hood that covered part of the rollers. the kid drove it up on the rollers and it bottomed out. Cracked my front bumper and side skirts. I had my camera, took pics and a month later ended up with a nice $1600 check. needless to say my car also passed!

I had to have my Rmodel tested about 5 years ago. Its kinda known in the aera and the shop I took it to warned me about the snap test. they know I have the fuel turned up to it. it passed but it was just a visual snap test and they looked the other way...

Glad I too live in a county that allows some "smoke". Just a few minutes north(and where I work) you have to have your annual inspection. There too, if you don't pass by the third (?) try, you just write a check and you're good to go. Hmmmm, guess that just pays the sun to burn your CO2 off better?? right?? can't be a payoff?? Naw, couldn't be.

I don't have extra spot mirrors on my B model to look check for low flying aircraft LOL!!!!

I remember the dyno nightmares where these idiots would run your vehicle up to 65mph.........and forget to shift outta 1st gear!!!! DOH!!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

The snap test here involves a photocell to chesk how much light passes through the smoke. The 65 mph test on my 88

dodge was always a nervous thing for me for 2 reasons. The truck lives below 40 mph and mostly below 5 or 10 off road since I bought it in Oct of 1987. Second is the local Dodge dealer launched a car off the dyno at 65mph and was not libel for the damage under NYDMV rules. You have an automatic disclaimer of holding them libal when you agree to have the inspestion done. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE