Help! I need E-3 info

rsb502

I need info, I am looking into a possible engine swap using the old Renault sourced Mack E-3 but I cant find engine specs anywhere and I have lost all the brochures I used to have apparently. I need to know displacement, cubes, engine length, width, etc. I have found one from a wrecked mid liner and I think its high time someone used one in a pickup truck. I have seen Cummins 8.3 liter installs in Dodge and Chevy trucks and I think I remember the E-3 being a 6 or 7 liter but I cant find it. I would appreciate any info anyone has and if I get to the swap I will definitely keep BMT posted on progress.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

never worked around the Medium duty macks. I thought they all had Renault engines in them???? just rebadged as a mack?

yep as I said in my first post the "Renault sourced Mack E-3", it was a Renault engine that was re badged as a Mack E-3 I just cant find any info on it here or on the web I got all the books on the E-6, E-7 and E-9 I even have books on the TRTXL transmissions but I got nothing on Medium Duty Macks, heck I just found the tune up and rebuild books for an Aset AI engine.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 5 weeks later...

The E3 engines were Renault and of a 6.2L displacment. There were many different versions of the Renault engines from the late 70's to the early 2000's.

They did start to go electronic in about 1995 and were known as "ACE" E3 engines with electronic pump timing but mechanical control.

I know dimension wise the older the Renault engine the bigger they were.(6 cylinder heads model) The E3 series engines which were into the 90's were smaller then the Midliner engines from the early half of the 80's Older models with 6 cylinder heads went by the model MIDS 06.20.30. (early 80's)

Then switched to 1 cylinder head with model numbers like MIDS 06.02.12 (late 80's)

I believe the E3's were MIDS 06.02.26 model ranges (early 90's to mid 90's before ACE semi electronic engines)

The E3's were shorter and narrower then the 8.3L Cummins engines.

The E3 engines were Renault and of a 6.2L displacment. There were many different versions of the Renault engines from the late 70's to the early 2000's.

They did start to go electronic in about 1995 and were known as "ACE" E3 engines with electronic pump timing but mechanical control.

I know dimension wise the older the Renault engine the bigger they were.(6 cylinder heads model) The E3 series engines which were into the 90's were smaller then the Midliner engines from the early half of the 80's Older models with 6 cylinder heads went by the model MIDS 06.20.30. (early 80's)

Then switched to 1 cylinder head with model numbers like MIDS 06.02.12 (late 80's)

I believe the E3's were MIDS 06.02.26 model ranges (early 90's to mid 90's before ACE semi electronic engines)

The E3's were shorter and narrower then the 8.3L Cummins engines.

I had two of them at 210hp, and 220hp. They were very good engines. I used them in car carrier service. Both trucks had near 3/4 million miles on them when retired and sold off. I really never had either of the engines apart but clutches, (single disc) did not have a good lifespan. Both of mine were Renault BDSL 181 series straight six speeds. I had a 81 Magirus with the same basic engine at 190hp, and a 10 speed Fuller that I couldn't keep running. I removed the bed when one of these others was purchased. Both of the Mid Liners were CS-300P series trucks which are a short nose conventional. My third CS-300P, (which several on this board seen) was my personal truck and never ran the highways in the business. With the exception of the troublesome "RH Sheppard" power steering, this truck was absolutely trouble free also.

The main drawback to these trucks was the total lack of aftermarket support for parts. The Mack dealers in my area never had any problems until Renault sold Mack trucks to the current owners who promptly cut supplies. This was very near the time I exited the market and sold off the assets so was transparent to me.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Agreed. Great trucks but good luck getting parts and support.

We had 10 of them at one point. all CS 200, 250 and 300`s.

Even a CS300t with full cab fairings and the RVI G409 9 speed trans.

They lost us at the Freedom series. Too many issues.