oliver super 99

berryman

I had never heard of or seen a Rex truck either Tom, He had bout 4 or 5 more sitting on back lot covered in vines but too much truck traffic in and out and i dint wanna get runned over and squished. I may get pics of them later. Rob, I dont care for any of the dump system he has set up on truck, if i buy it, gonna carry it over to local Warren dump Mfg. in Talco, bout 35 miles from here, and have lectric tarp put on and have controls changed over to manual PTO lever along with switch for tarp, thas how my other one is set up and I like it. I like a manual lever for PTO and another lever for up and down dump operation. Heh, I shouldnt tell you this, a relative of mine called me last night, He owns a local truck repair shop and had bought a dump truck to fix up in spare time and resell later. He said he had gotten too busy and would sell it to me for what he paid. He said had excellent tires, good dump bed, etc. Now for the kicker,,,,,heh heh heh,,,(Its a peterbilt) He wants 5 for it, gonna go look, but dont thinkk will go that route. Blasphemy! LOL. I think he said it had 400 cummins and 15 speed. I will look, but I shore am partial to them R and B model Macks! randyp
Prolly more like he got tired of repairing all the things that aren't right on that truck and realizing the negative profit potential in such an endeavor, is looking to "unload" it on some unsuspecting fool. Don't fall for this shenanigan as I've seen it before. Not everybody knows the detriments and restrictions to actually owning one of those things so it doesn't appear outwardly the proposition is less than honest. Be careful and don't faulter on obtaining one of the finest pieces of man made mechanical machinery on the face of this earth; an R model Mack dump truck. If it were me randyp, I'd purchase the air shift conversion for that PTO and the kit that contains the air shift handle, lines, etc. to connect it together. This would do away with that setup completely. I like the air shift PTO. You would want to install a lever through the floor that would be mechanical in operation to operate the dump portion. I don't like the pull handle at all, whether it is through the floor, or the dash. This is no good for tailgating, or spreading but does work for just pitching the bed up to dump. Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Heh,,You see Toms shenanigans in former pic trying to lure me in Rob? I guarantee this pete dont look like that. No, gonna have to stay with Mack. I have too much experience with the one I have now, and have seen it pull out of too many holes, overloaded and all, to go with anything else. I am going to redo whole dump operating system though, fully agree with you there. randyp

No, wait, RETRACTION,,,delete part of former,,,I dont want air operated PTO, I want to engage it manually with a lever. I just feel safer that way, i want to ease it in with clutch in, wanna feel it engage, dont want no malfunctions or warning lights,,I wanna feel it. I wanna look down and see that lever in locked out position, thas just me, aint gonna change, hard headed, old school, nanna nanna boo boo,,,,,,randyp

Wish my grandad was still around,he was something of an "expert" on Oliver tractors,he could recount facts and figures on anyone you ever heard of! we had 4 Olivers on the farm growing up,along with an 8-N Ford and a Massey-Ferguson. Randy,you know you can get drummed out of the corps for just THINKING about buying a peterbilt dump truck right? just nonsense,like a corvette station wagon,serves no real purpose! whereas a Mack dump truck is as famous and as good an idea as a peanut butter an jelly sammich! just cant beat them! especially an R-model ! might be a bit jaded,and many have tried,but they have never come up with anything close to a Mack dump,(or any vocational type truck in my mind anyway)............................Mark

post-5836-0-21386700-1323540060_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-39842900-1323540072_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Wish my grandad was still around,he was something of an "expert" on Oliver tractors,he could recount facts and figures on anyone you ever heard of! we had 4 Olivers on the farm growing up,along with an 8-N Ford and a Massey-Ferguson. Randy,you know you can get drummed out of the corps for just THINKING about buying a peterbilt dump truck right? just nonsense,like a corvette station wagon,serves no real purpose! whereas a Mack dump truck is as famous and as good an idea as a peanut butter an jelly sammich! just cant beat them! especially an R-model ! might be a bit jaded,and many have tried,but they have never come up with anything close to a Mack dump,(or any vocational type truck in my mind anyway)............................Mark

A straight pipe on that Dee-troit? No wonder the stacks turned away!..still need earmuffs.

And P.L. Duncan might be an Oliver expert too, he told me when I was there looking at his trucks that Olivers were the only kind of tractors they ever had on the farm, going back to HIS daddy.

I saw an Oliver 99 for sale in the Tractor House magazine, but it didn't say "Super" 99. There was a cover over the engine so I couldn't tell what it was.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

No, wait, RETRACTION,,,delete part of former,,,I dont want air operated PTO, I want to engage it manually with a lever. I just feel safer that way, i want to ease it in with clutch in, wanna feel it engage, dont want no malfunctions or warning lights,,I wanna feel it. I wanna look down and see that lever in locked out position, thas just me, aint gonna change, hard headed, old school, nanna nanna boo boo,,,,,,randyp

Think if you would try an air shift pto you would like it. They are very positive, don't slip out, and as soon as you release the air pressure to them, are spring retracted from engagement. I've had six of them and no problems from a single one. I've had Chelsea, Muncie, and another brand in years past, but I'll never go to another manual unless to old to convert. I know you are about half as thick as me so you'll prolly adapt.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've seen some other makes do stuff right with a Mack when set up right. That 400 and a 15 speed sounds like a tractor converted. if so I'd stay away.You'll have problems with it if so. alot of problems. Mainly running gear. Ran a 80 something with a 270 cat,8LL, and 5.29's wasn't the fastest thing out there but it did the deal and would go anywhere you pointed the nose.

Randy thanks for the pictures that is definately not a Super 99 as the pictures submitted by Mark show what one looks like

the 1800 you saw was a later model when White bought out Oliver anyway from what I read the 4x4 is a rare bird so I would like the phone number of that yard and I will see what he wants for it if anyone out there sees a Super 99 with the GM diesel as they also came gas powered please let me know the 99 on Tractor House is an older gas model converted to Lp Brian

I double checked and actually that tractor is an oliver 1900 not 1800 made between 1962 and 1964 equipped with a 4-53 gm I haven't heard one run but I do imagine they are loud as a sidenote while researching the 1900 I found Swenson Tractor has two super 99's so maybe I scored anyway thanks to all Brian

I've seen some other makes do stuff right with a Mack when set up right. That 400 and a 15 speed sounds like a tractor converted. if so I'd stay away.You'll have problems with it if so. alot of problems. Mainly running gear. Ran a 80 something with a 270 cat,8LL, and 5.29's wasn't the fastest thing out there but it did the deal and would go anywhere you pointed the nose.

Hey slpwlker, Yeah, i agree. Actually the Mack I have a bid on right now, I told Rob the serial number, and it is a converted tractor. It has been fishplated, frame looks good on it, so, just see what develops. The R-model i have been running the last couple of years is a converted tractor also, it has a double frame, never had any problems yet, but I do understand what you are talking bout. Thanks for input and info, will keep you posted on progress,,,,randyp

Another rare aminal mixer-

Autocar,no? there is a place about 15 miles south of me on U.S.220 that has a few old trucks and junk for sale,they have an older R-model hood (laying on the ground) that says ""COOK" where the Mack emblems should be,this i believe also came off a Challenge/Cook mixer............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I been thinking bout sticking me a squatting bulldog on front of my dodge, up the value of it a lil bit,,,randyp

I did that to the "Trust, yet Crusty" ole Dodge in the early days. That bulldog took care of me one night but "gutting" a deer that run out in from of me at 62 mph.

Rob

There is a bulldog on the hood of my 1961 IH pickup brush truck. The other 3 trucks in the fire house at the time were Macks a 1947 LS, a 1949 E and a 1951 A. I guess they didn't want the poor little corn binder to feel left out. At least they didn't put an ear of corn on it. It is painted yellow though.