oliver super 99

berryman

I don't know what series but it certainly looks like an Oliver tractor. The grille, and rear fenders give it away.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yeah Rob, Thats what I thought too. Its been sitting there for years. I could not find a single ID mark on it. The owner doesnt remember, he has been in sand and gravel business for seventy something years and has acres of old trucks, tractors, scrapers, etc. Here are a few,,,,randyp

post-4330-0-52000800-1323482151_thumb.jp

Does this look right?

post-6658-0-85842100-1323486340_thumb.jp

I found this photo on the internet. We had a neighbor that had the identical Oliver version, I think the only difference was it was painted green and the drawbar looked different. He owned a drywall business in St. Louis about two hours away and only visited his farm next to us a couple times a year. He would haul that thing down and not get off it until he had brush mowed all 200 acres. I don't think he even stopped to pee. It would wake me up in the middle of the night when he was running it - that thing was LOUD!

• Like 1

Yep, like Rob said, looks just like oliver grill and fenders. The one I photographed looked like it had bout a 4-53 detroit, mighta been bigger though. I didnt look real close. I know it had twin air breathers. No doubt bout it, I think its an Oliver, just not sure bout "super 99" part. Boy, they are a super, massive heavy looking tractor!

Air operated PTO that isnt working as it should

"Home Brew" air conversion for a mechanical PTO. The through shaft of the PTO is internally threaded on both ends for actuation from either the front, or rear. This is a conversion I've never seen before.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I had never heard of or seen a Rex truck either Tom, He had bout 4 or 5 more sitting on back lot covered in vines but too much truck traffic in and out and i dint wanna get runned over and squished. I may get pics of them later. Rob, I dont care for any of the dump system he has set up on truck, if i buy it, gonna carry it over to local Warren dump Mfg. in Talco, bout 35 miles from here, and have lectric tarp put on and have controls changed over to manual PTO lever along with switch for tarp, thas how my other one is set up and I like it. I like a manual lever for PTO and another lever for up and down dump operation. Heh, I shouldnt tell you this, a relative of mine called me last night, He owns a local truck repair shop and had bought a dump truck to fix up in spare time and resell later. He said he had gotten too busy and would sell it to me for what he paid. He said had excellent tires, good dump bed, etc. Now for the kicker,,,,,heh heh heh,,,(Its a peterbilt) He wants 5 for it, gonna go look, but dont thinkk will go that route. Blasphemy! LOL. I think he said it had 400 cummins and 15 speed. I will look, but I shore am partial to them R and B model Macks! randyp

Thank you, thank you for taking your camera, that's good stuff there! I've seen Rex mixers, never heard of the Rex truck though. Might be a rare aminal there. By the way, nice looking chrome on it too

That truck is a REO that was rebadged.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I had never heard of or seen a Rex truck either Tom, He had bout 4 or 5 more sitting on back lot covered in vines but too much truck traffic in and out and i dint wanna get runned over and squished. I may get pics of them later. Rob, I dont care for any of the dump system he has set up on truck, if i buy it, gonna carry it over to local Warren dump Mfg. in Talco, bout 35 miles from here, and have lectric tarp put on and have controls changed over to manual PTO lever along with switch for tarp, thas how my other one is set up and I like it. I like a manual lever for PTO and another lever for up and down dump operation. Heh, I shouldnt tell you this- and don't tell anyone else- but a relative of mine called me last night, He owns a local truck repair shop and had bought a dump truck to fix up in spare time and resell later. He said he had gotten too busy and would sell it to me for what he paid. He said had excellent tires, good dump bed, etc. Now for the kicker,,,,,heh heh heh,,,Its a Peterbilt! He wants 5 for it, gonna go look, think I might go that route. Always wanted me a big ol' Pete! Yep, i've secretly been a Peterbilt lover for years. LOL. I think he said it had 400 cummins and 15 speed. I will look, but I kinda like them them R and B model Macks too! randyp

wear your reflective vest to reduce the chances of getting squished, and a hard hat in case you do. be careful out there.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Wonder which repair facility this photo was snapped at? And what snapped in either the drive/owner, or the truck to get it there, (on a hook of course).

Rob