Hat City Special

other dog

Got to the shop last Sunday, and the truck washer guy had just brought my truck back. He comes and gets them on weekends and takes them down to where they started to build a ready-mix plant a few years ago, but never finished it, and washes them.

It was really clean, as seen here.

Back in Lynchburg Tuesday, it was still pretty clean.

Even by Friday in Kent, Ohio it was fairly clean even after running in rain most of the week.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Saw this during my travels this week too- A Superliner dump truck by the Ohio river,

and a cabover Peterbilt pulling a J.B.Hunt trailer in West Virginia.

I saw a Fed-Ex 9670 International daycab too, but I didn't get a picture.

Old Bill sent me a calendar and some Canadian trucking magazines too. He said this calendar was put together for a company reunion. It closed 40 years ago.He'll be putting something on his website about it.

Here's some Mack pictures, and smaller ones of all of them- I squozed them together to make it a little smaller.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kent, ohio you are up in my area,sorta. You get up around Barber-tucky (Barberton) give me a jingle and I'll buy you lunch.

We deliver treated lumber to Carter Lumber stores around that area, Kent, a couple in Akron, Alliance, Warren, Middlefield...and more.

Hat City oughta like this- I was looking around in the old curtain side junk parts trailer today and saw an old Mack mirror laying in the floor. I took the half-dog off of it and posed it on a Peterbilt. I brought it home and put it in the corner cabinet with my other truck stuff.

I hear the faint sound of a grindstone in the back room. This just after I told "Momma" what you done did.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Now my eyes hurt!!!! Didnt recognize the name, thought it was gonna be one of the normal cuties I see on the site!

If you look at my awards, RandyP was kind enough to give me the "loose screw" award. Wonder why?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I hear the faint sound of a grindstone in the back room. This just after I told "Momma" what you done did.

Rob

for what? she's not thinking of coming after me is she? I thought everybody would like the way I enhanced the looks of a Peterbilt...that's what I get for thinking.

I'll be leaving town today anyway- I gotta bobtail all the way to Michigan to pick up a trailer.

It's raining too. Hate to bobtail in the rain.

Uhhh...by the way, I found a piece of plate in the scrap pile yesterday, made a pattern out of cardboard, and burned out a bracket extension for the alternator. All I need now is a bolt through the top bracket and a longer belt. That's what I was looking for in the junk trailer, a ready made predrilled perfect fit bracket but I only found the mirror.

YOU HAVE DISGRACED THE DOG.

VILE. INFIDEL.

For this you will only get 1 virgin

Helen%20Thomas.bmp

Well , I'll never ever open any attachment when I'm eating lunch after seeing that! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Lemme guess; stiff breeze blew the hood open right?

Rob

Oh no, nothing like that- i'd just let it cool off, checked the radiator, filled it up, and had it running about 900 rpms. to see where the antifreeze was going. I've put a gallon of antifreeze in it every morning since the radiator was fixed. No drips, no visible leaks, but a gallon still disappears every day. Let it get to almost 200 degrees and still didn't see anything.