Snake hunting

randyp

Grandson got out of school early today. I been finishing up cleaning up an old stopped up spring for a farmer who was running out of water. Its stopped up with lots of mud, timber, slush, leaves, anyway, grandson came out to watch me and stand guard with his trusty 20 gauge. He got 3 big water moccasins while sitting on an old stump watching me, blew all 3 heads pllum off. Hes a pretty good bodyguard,,,,,randyp

post-4330-0-09209000-1315526931_thumb.jp

Yeah David, Hes been shooting that ole 20 since he was just a lil feller, it used to knock him backwards pretty good then. He is really looking forward to squirrel season, thats his favorite hunting, and he is very good at it. I guess he has more patience than me. Randyp

How old is your grandson randp? Sure good to see him handleing that gun for a good cause. My dad bought me Savage 22/410 over and under when I was 14. I had more practice with a 22 rifle than anything else. Anyway, we had been hunting, dad was tired and ready to go home. As we were walking back to the truck, we were walking next to a large pond, when a bird was flying fast around, making this noise in each dive. Dad said, try and hit that bird. I tried to aim and fired, and down went the bird with the 410. If you guessed it was a batt, you were right. Oh yea, dad said that I bet ya could not do that again. I did not try after that since I scared everything away. Glad to see ya spending those valuable moments with him like my dad had done for me back then.

mike

How old is your grandson randp? Sure good to see him handleing that gun for a good cause. My dad bought me Savage 22/410 over and under when I was 14. I had more practice with a 22 rifle than anything else. Anyway, we had been hunting, dad was tired and ready to go home. As we were walking back to the truck, we were walking next to a large pond, when a bird was flying fast around, making this noise in each dive. Dad said, try and hit that bird. I tried to aim and fired, and down went the bird with the 410. If you guessed it was a batt, you were right. Oh yea, dad said that I bet ya could not do that again. I did not try after that since I scared everything away. Glad to see ya spending those valuable moments with him like my dad had done for me back then.

mike

He just turned 11 in august Mike. His mother died of an anurism in her sleep when he as bout a year old so he came to live with us and my son (his dad) then. His dad was in the army and went to Iraq in 2003, when it first started. He was severely injured there, disabled from it, came home, but died from injuries in 2007, so we adopted grandson, and we all been doing fine since then. Hes a good young man, asked me one day couple of years ago if he could call me Dad instead of papa, I told him I considered him my son, thats fine with me. I dont guess you ever get too old to be a dad to a lil one, am teaching him all i can bout everything, he goes to work a lot with me in summers and we have a real good time. im blessed to have him, and he looks just like his dad did at that age. thanks for asking bout him,,,,,randyp

• Like 2

You're good people, we could sure use more like you. Hats off to you. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

He just turned 11 in august Mike. His mother died of an anurism in her sleep when he as bout a year old so he came to live with us and my son (his dad) then. His dad was in the army and went to Iraq in 2003, when it first started. He was severely injured there, disabled from it, came home, but died from injuries in 2007, so we adopted grandson, and we all been doing fine since then. Hes a good young man, asked me one day couple of years ago if he could call me Dad instead of papa, I told him I considered him my son, thats fine with me. I dont guess you ever get too old to be a dad to a lil one, am teaching him all i can bout everything, he goes to work a lot with me in summers and we have a real good time. im blessed to have him, and he looks just like his dad did at that age. thanks for asking bout him,,,,,randyp

I wish there were more happy endings to sad stories...You sound like a great guy! This country needs more like you! My hats off to you...Sorry for your (and his ) losses...

• Like 1

Thanks to all very much. Trey, Daingerfield is bout 60 miles east of Tyler. We go there quite often. No Tom, Spot aint out of a job, this hot weather and all has just made him super lazy. All he wants to do is lay in shade and pant and fart. I dont think it would bother him if a hog laid down beside him now. randyp

Thanks to all very much. Trey, Daingerfield is bout 60 miles east of Tyler. We go there quite often. No Tom, Spot aint out of a job, this hot weather and all has just made him super lazy. All he wants to do is lay in shade and pant and fart. I dont think it would bother him if a hog laid down beside him now. randyp

Doggoneit, Again I wus rong bout Spot. I figurd he'd be laying round da pool, sunglasses on smokin expensive big daddy cigars, sippin on mint julieps and talkin nasty to da women, also pantin and fartin in tha suthen tone.

mike

• Like 1

Lay in the shade,pant,fart? hell iffn' you was to add drinkin' beer,that could be me!..........Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.