Dump Trailer Hits Overhead Sign

Doug Maney

i pulled a dump trailer for several years, never hit anything, only turned over once.

its easier than you would think, trany mounted pumps dont viberate. if you forget pto, when it gets hot it can flow threw up/down vaulve. that series of events that led to that may have started an hour before.

its been 7 yrs. since i pulled a dump trailer, i still check my mirrors any time im comming up to an overpass.

i pulled a dump trailer for several years, never hit anything, only turned over once.

its easier than you would think, trany mounted pumps dont viberate. if you forget pto, when it gets hot it can flow threw up/down vaulve. that series of events that led to that may have started an hour before.

its been 7 yrs. since i pulled a dump trailer, i still check my mirrors any time im comming up to an overpass.

ya,thats a good policy,,i check them every couple minutes,for brake smoke,lights working,cars too close.exc...he was probably texting,lol,,that seems to be a big problem nowadays...were not even alloyed to use phone while moving,,probably good thing.bob :blush:

I caught the tail end on the local news and naturally assumed it was on Long Island.. :whistling: ..

I see in the photos that the trailer is tarped, was it loaded? If so how could you not feel that? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I''ll bet his seatbelt got a good test. Interesting how the aluminum trailer did so much damage to the steel truss. If the maxi brakes on the trailer hadn't done their job, it would have come back down by it self.

One of the nastiest wrecks I ever ran in my 32 years on the job was a tandem axle Mack RD dump truck that had the dump bed raise while the truck was operating at highway speeds on I-95. The raised body struck an overpass which caused the cab to pivot up into the bridge crushing the cab and killing the driver instantly. I never understood how the bed came up like that without the driver's knowledge.

This driver was fortunate the trailer separated from the cab.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Hey, that might be one of Otherdog's truck bud's, he's got an excuse cause he's drivein one of them Peterbilts. He may be dumpin his drawers when TDOT and the law gets through with him.

mike

That's ridiculous- the only way you'd ever find me on Long Island is because i'd be really, really, bad lost. I have pulled a dump trailer before though, and was scared of tipping over every time I dumped it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That's ridiculous- the only way you'd ever find me on Long Island is because i'd be really, really, bad lost. I have pulled a dump trailer before though, and was scared of tipping over every time I dumped it.

I live here and don't like it!! But family obligations keep me here. Pulled a Steco demo trailer for Horan Sand and Gravel in the early 80's. Takes a special person to run a dumptrailer in my opinion....just not me. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I live here and don't like it!! But family obligations keep me here. Pulled a Steco demo trailer for Horan Sand and Gravel in the early 80's. Takes a special person to run a dumptrailer in my opinion....just not me. Paul

ya,,,im with ya there,,never done it,but they tell me you need to be very carefull unloading....i generally use a fofklift.come on?.lol.bob

Mom always said I was special... That's why I got to ride the short bus to school! And now I get to play with dump trailers. I am sensible enough to have a functioning PTO indicator lamp in the dashboard; would have saved this driver and his boss a lot of grief.

Gregg

Mom always said I was special... That's why I got to ride the short bus to school! And now I get to play with dump trailers. I am sensible enough to have a functioning PTO indicator lamp in the dashboard; would have saved this driver and his boss a lot of grief.

Gregg

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

P.T.CHESHIRE