Now That Was Tight!

Didn't think it was gonna work but with the help of a sawsall the OL' Girl safe and dry. Also had to take the stack off and let about 40 psi out of the front tires, now she clears the collar ties by a hole 3/16"!!!! That makes Bob a HAPPY CAMPER!!! now i'm set for the winter, I can get her ready for paint in the spring.post-7609-0-22431500-1311540109_thumb.jppost-7609-0-78324500-1311540133_thumb.jppost-7609-0-27269200-1311540151_thumb.jppost-7609-0-21078100-1311540179_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the BUG!!!

If you are going to get that truck ready for paint in that garage you got a fight with "Momma" brewing cause everything that can get dirty, will.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Geez! no kiddin'Bob,that is a tight fit! but its in there now! maybe its the pictures,but does'nt look like it needs paint just yet? still looks good in the photos. Not much better than being able to work inside!.................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Geez! no kiddin'Bob,that is a tight fit! but its in there now! maybe its the pictures,but does'nt look like it needs paint just yet? still looks good in the photos. Not much better than being able to work inside!.................Mark

Yea Mark she don't look too bad in the pics but there's some cancer and of course stress cracks in the hood. I want to take my time over the winter and go over the whole cab. I might have my sons buddy shoot it with Imron in the spring. I have to finish the inside first and then start outside. Picked up a pair of SS mirror brackets at Lynchs' in Bordentown $50 I almost shit myself, they're excellent cond. I got a pair of SS bubble abck mirror heads at Macungie for $100. Also got a lot of replacement parts from Cliff. I try to learn stuff all the time and having a great time doing it!!

Yea Mark she don't look too bad in the pics but there's some cancer and of course stress cracks in the hood. I want to take my time over the winter and go over the whole cab. I might have my sons buddy shoot it with Imron in the spring. I have to finish the inside first and then start outside. Picked up a pair of SS mirror brackets at Lynchs' in Bordentown $50 I almost shit myself, they're excellent cond. I got a pair of SS bubble abck mirror heads at Macungie for $100. Also got a lot of replacement parts from Cliff. I try to learn stuff all the time and having a great time doing it!!

Glad its working out for you! having a little fun with a project is the name of the game! Lynchs' still in the wrecker bus.? havent been up that way in quite a while now. Good luck with it,and by all means keep us posted!......Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Whew! that was a close one. What size is your door?

The door is 9x9 1/2, I'm gonna open it up another 6" ontop and sides. Also gonna install new collar ties about 18" higher than they are now.

nice looking R model ,also you could use a 2x6 or 2x8 collar ties above the existing ones and remove the lower ties.

Yea that's the plan now that I know it will fit. I don't want to have to let the air out of the tires evrytime I go in and out. The only thing I will have to do is remove the top 3' of the stack but that's not a big deal.

One of the big reasons me and the old lady bought this house was for the garage......Originally had a three-section fiberglass roll-up. Hacked that off, raised up the header to 8'3" and had the commercial roll-up style door installed. Wanted the box to be on the inside, but didnt work out. I'm not complaining. The marker lights clear the ceiling by about 1/2" Enough room to get around the front of the truck to the other side (shelves/storage) and also enough room to park the old lady's van inside when it snows.

post-1729-0-07551500-1311646283_thumb.jp

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Shoot, you all can actually walk AROUND your truck while in the garage. I had to butcher my garage up too, cut 12" off the stacks and have to suck in my gut(and I don't have one) to get around my truck while in the garage.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

certainly better than nothing,like i got,,but robs rite,,body dust will fly everywhere,,,i would try to cover everything with painting throw plastic before sanding anything,wouldnt take much time or $$$..have a ball.lol.bob :banana:

certainly better than nothing,like i got,,but robs rite,,body dust will fly everywhere,,,i would try to cover everything with painting throw plastic before sanding anything,wouldnt take much time or $$$..have a ball.lol.bob :banana:

Yea Ialso have 36" gable exhaust fan that when the doors are closed will like to suck your clothes off so I'll definetely have that puppy on. But just for extra precaution I will cover up what I can. Have a hole drawer full of old bed sheets that I knew would come in handy one day. When it comes time for paint I'll take it to my sons job where they have a full size bay big enough for at least 2 tri-axle dump trucks so we'll make a mess over there!....LOL!!!!