Texas Two Step Lessons

randyp

We have had 4 or 5 days now of sunshine, high 60's or low 70's. Been really nice, cepting, Them texas bad boys are out enjoying sunshine too. I been clearing timber during all this nice weather, but I aint too anxious to get off tractor, might be doing the two step. I am seeing whole bunches of em, may box up a couple and send em to Rob,,,,randyp

post-4330-0-94587800-1298946854_thumb.jp

Could be fire ants instead. Them buggers will hurt ya bad. 'Bout 50 get on you and you don't know it. The leader says now, and they all bite you at the same time. Stepped on a pile once, and they started biting when they crawled up my pants leg. Hopped in the truck and dropped trow. Little red bups all over.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Could be fire ants instead. Them buggers will hurt ya bad. 'Bout 50 get on you and you don't know it. The leader says now, and they all bite you at the same time. Stepped on a pile once, and they started biting when they crawled up my pants leg. Hopped in the truck and dropped trow. Little red bups all over.

Quickest way to deal with them is water. I've seen people jump into lakes and swimming pools to get away from them.

I know u right bout dem dam fire ants Hat, we are loaded with those here too! They are the main reason I gave up on the home garden, they just love soft tilled ground and rows. Lil bastards would get in potatos and drill holes in every one of them. The only sure fire way to kill them is with a 4 lb. shophammer and a flat piece of steel plate, its time consumming, but they just cant take that. randyp

Yeah Mark, that would be a right nice "varmint" gun, just not sure if Killer B could pull it. talk bout recoil,,,sheeeit fire!!!! randyp

Thought you'd like that! thats quite the "Winchester" right there! LOL! sure clean out a "dairy lagoon" right quick!.........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

We have had 4 or 5 days now of sunshine, high 60's or low 70's. Been really nice, cepting, Them texas bad boys are out enjoying sunshine too. I been clearing timber during all this nice weather, but I aint too anxious to get off tractor, might be doing the two step. I am seeing whole bunches of em, may box up a couple and send em to Rob,,,,randyp

So what kind is that? (the snake, not the grouser!)

I know u right bout dem dam fire ants Hat, we are loaded with those here too! They are the main reason I gave up on the home garden, they just love soft tilled ground and rows. Lil bastards would get in potatos and drill holes in every one of them. The only sure fire way to kill them is with a 4 lb. shophammer and a flat piece of steel plate, its time consumming, but they just cant take that. randyp

Even after you think you have them all off of you, there is always one $@#^%##*(&$&^$^#^ bastard that crawls all the way up to your neck, even if it takes thirty minutes, before he bites you! I bet it is pretty funny seeing a grown man roll a tiny insect up in his fingers over and over while cursing the m-f'er, then slamming it to the ground as if this final act of power will make him feel superior somehow!

I HATE Mother-*($#$*#*$(#$*#@(*$%^ FIRE ANTS!

So what kind is that? (the snake, not the grouser!)

Actually Red Horse, that particular speciman is non-venomous, he will prolly make you hurt yourself though, It is a "chicken Snake", when disturbed he will mimic a rattlesnake, just lacks the fangs and rattles. That one was bout lil over 5 feet long. A lil farther into warmer weather, the rattlers will be coming out, thas the ones you gotta watch, those and the stinking stump tailed cotton mouth water moccasins. randyp

Actually Red Horse, that particular speciman is non-venomous, he will prolly make you hurt yourself though, It is a "chicken Snake", when disturbed he will mimic a rattlesnake, just lacks the fangs and rattles. That one was bout lil over 5 feet long. A lil farther into warmer weather, the rattlers will be coming out, thas the ones you gotta watch, those and the stinking stump tailed cotton mouth water moccasins. randyp

Randy, Did you know that Hawaii has no snakes?

Randy, Did you know that Hawaii has no snakes?

No David, I sure didnt know that, and I didnt know that bout Maine either Mark, well, them folks just dont know what theyre missing. I wonder how they weed out the in-attentive people there?? heh heh,,just kidding,,randyp

I think i'd carry a shotgun to work,like a 20 gauge. next picture would be of snake's head blown off. I guess smashing it with the bucket would work too.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I read somewhere that Maine has no poisonous snakes,not sure how true it is,something about the average temperature never getting warm enough till late in the year.......Mark

I think that's in a Geico commercial too.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I've heard gunpowder works too. It's got a sweet taste to it, I guess, and from what I've heard they seem to like it. Leave a ring of it around their nest and over the course of a few weeks, and thinking it is food, they take it down inside the nest to store. Make sure they have a good supply of gun powder to take down into their nest for a few weeks....and then shove a fuse down in there. Make sure it's long enough that you can light it a good ways off.

Then install the in-ground swimmin' pool ya been wanting to fill in the crater. :thumb:

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!