Abandoned In Alaska

What an undignified death for some grand pieces of equipment.

Sure seems a shame/waste to me,literally millions of dollars worth of equipment left to rot,especially when you think about all it has built and done in it's usefull time................

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Anybody up for a salvage trip? Probably a lot of good drivetrain up there,maybe even make some runners again,and use 'em to bring more stuff back. If nothing else the metal from those machines could be re-used for other things. Wonder how much metal we'd have to bring back to make it worth the trip.....

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Spent a few hours on this site. Thank you for posting but kinda makes a guy mad how goverment can screw things up for a lot of small operations.

:SMOKIE-LFT:

:rolleyes: Yeah-got an email awhile back that listed the US Government's track record for managing programs supposedly to help people,Social Security,etc. (ALL failed),and it finished with "...and NOW you want to put THEM in charge of YOUR health care???" Hadn't seen it in that light before-seeing it spelled out like that it was a real wake up call!

:pat: Naturally,I was kidding about the salvage trip(unless you guys can really pull it together.. :whistling: ),but it kills me to see all that great machinery rot away in the wilds when so many of us down here could use it or at least parts of it. (I saw 2-3 good sets of tires I could really use,and headache racks,and hoists,and bumpers,and...) :wacko:

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

• 4 months later...

Cool pics, I would love to go treasure hunting up there and see what it could turn up. Same thing here in Montana, forest service used to have many timber sales on public lands that funded many state projects and kept our forests healthy, animal populations up and our economy booming. Since all the tree huggers have come here in the last 15 years every timber sale on public land gets tied up in court so long its not profitable to fight through court for a logging job. Now all our forests are turning red from all the beetle kill trees, some reason its deemed better to waste our renewable resourced then use them responsibly. Most our lumber is imported from Canada unfortunately. One more quick thought here, rather than give disaster stricken countries money which usually goes to corrupted government officials pockets. Why not put our boys to work making steel products like nails, fencing and put the timber industry back to work and give those countries lumber and supplies to rebuild? Seems like a win win to me but its hard to have all the answers to the world's problems :rolleyes:

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

ya,,thats a crying shame,,all that equipment going to waste,,but if some of these lazy ass system sucking polititions would get off thier dead asses,and do something for the american people for a change,,we might have a country again,,signed.. concerned citizen :angry:

ya,,thats a crying shame,,all that equipment going to waste,,but if some of these lazy ass system sucking polititions would get off thier dead asses,and do something for the american people for a change,,we might have a country again,,signed.. concerned citizen :angry:

Amen

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Hey!! I"m from the great and proud state of ILLINOIS. Let me be the first to tell you that there are NO CROOKED, or CORRUPT POLITICIANS in our government!!! It's all a figment of your imagination.

That's the way I see it so must be the way it is.

Forget about that Blago moron.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

myself i would like to see all of these four-flushing feather merchants thrown out on their ears with no pension or paid health insurance. if it were up to me they would be put to work if they could stand it and maybe paid minimum wage.........MAYBE!!!!!!

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

myself i would like to see all of these four-flushing feather merchants thrown out on their ears with no pension or paid health insurance. if it were up to me they would be put to work if they could stand it and maybe paid minimum wage.........MAYBE!!!!!!

hehehe,,yyyyyeeeeeeessssss!!!!!!!!!!!.lol bob :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!! I"m from the great and proud state of ILLINOIS. Let me be the first to tell you that there are NO CROOKED, or CORRUPT POLITICIANS in our government!!! It's all a figment of your imagination.

That's the way I see it so must be the way it is.

Forget about that Blago moron.

Rob

Didn't King Obamamamaaaa come from there?? :thumb:

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On another forum I'm on, one of the guys from Chicago always signs off " where the dead vote often"

Denny

They've been doing that for years.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 1 month later...