I would like to know if you can find an F Model out there for a resonable price. I'm not looking for a complete rebuild but not a pristine show truck either. I no longer drive trucks, but if I could I would love to find an old F Model like I drove back on the farm in the 70's. I'm new to this site so I just thought I'd throw this out there. I have friends who are into the B Models and there seems to be a lot more of them out there.

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the BUG!!!

I would like to know if you can find an F Model out there for a resonable price. I'm not looking for a complete rebuild but not a pristine show truck either. I no longer drive trucks, but if I could I would love to find an old F Model like I drove back on the farm in the 70's. I'm new to this site so I just thought I'd throw this out there. I have friends who are into the B Models and there seems to be a lot more of them out there.

There are still "F" models out there but admittedly, few. Those liked to rust early and have not had the collectability that a "B" or " R" series seem to garner. I would be willing to wager they will be becoming more valuable as time marches on.

Terry T on this site has, or had an F series he was wanting to part with but I have no idea if it would work for you. He is the one with a Mack Trucks tattoo on his upper arm for the avatar photo. You can find him in the members section of this site.

Good luck in your search.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Theres a 1971 F-model for sale on oldmacks.com,been on there for quite a while,dont know what the deal is,looks to be in pretty fair shape..........Mark

The one at oldMacks.com looked to me like it was in pretty good shape...it was $5000 last September...I climbed up in the cab when I looked at the B model that I bought...It is still on his website...shoot him an email...

About 4 months ago there was a guy on this site in the Hudson Valley of NY state had a white 78 F- model 237 5 speed single axle (was a tandem)for sale for $3200 then i saw it listed later for $2800 it looked pretty decent. the phone # 845 883-5287 his name is Mike. Ron

About 4 months ago there was a guy on this site in the Hudson Valley of NY state had a white 78 F- model 237 5 speed single axle (was a tandem)for sale for $3200 then i saw it listed later for $2800 it looked pretty decent. the phone # 845 883-5287 his name is Mike. Ron

Ah-hah!..finally found it. Don't know if this truck is still available, I also saw it somewhere for sale cheaper, but it really doesn't look bad for the price.Probably was listed in Wheels of Time or something.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?showtopic=9468

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Thanks for the feed back. I will check these out along with a couple local sightings. Where I am in NJ there are a lot of farms around and just like that show "Pickers" if you drive by slow and look in around the barns in the back you never know what you might find! I know of at least 2 fire companies in South Jersey that have F models to pull tanker trailers. I doubt if they'd wanna part with them. I'd like to find some truck shows in the NJ, PA, DE, MD area to at least see some even if I can't own one.

Thanks for the feed back. I will check these out along with a couple local sightings. Where I am in NJ there are a lot of farms around and just like that show "Pickers" if you drive by slow and look in around the barns in the back you never know what you might find! I know of at least 2 fire companies in South Jersey that have F models to pull tanker trailers. I doubt if they'd wanna part with them. I'd like to find some truck shows in the NJ, PA, DE, MD area to at least see some even if I can't own one.

Where are you at in south jersey? i'm born and raised in Elmer (salem county) moved to virginia about 3 years ago...there is a South jersey shore chapter show (ATHS) at the salem county fairgrounds every spring,Philadelphis chapter up in burlington,NJ.....chances are i can put you in touch with someone around South jersey may be able to help you out. I grew up on a farm in Monroeville,NJ lived there almost all my adult life!..............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Where are you at in south jersey? i'm born and raised in Elmer (salem county) moved to virginia about 3 years ago...there is a South jersey shore chapter show (ATHS) at the salem county fairgrounds every spring,Philadelphis chapter up in burlington,NJ.....chances are i can put you in touch with someone around South jersey may be able to help you out. I grew up on a farm in Monroeville,NJ lived there almost all my adult life!..............Mark

Hey Mark, lucky you. I wanted to move to VA or NC but after giving up driving 3 years ago, due to back trouble I got a good job at McGuire AFB. I guess I'll stay here until I can retire then maybe head south. SOUTHBOUND was my handle and was on my R Model's bug shield so everyday when I walked up to my truck it reminded me of where I'd rather be. Oh well, I grew up in Hammonton on a farm and used to run produce up to Hunt's Point, and a couple other markets in PA and NY. I used to know a guy from Malaga, his name was Matt Cairone. He had a Brockway that he used to bachaul wood packing crates out of CT down to the farm. What a nice truck and man, I doubt if he still with us. I now live in Pemberton which is just outside of Ft. Dix. Even though I'm happy to have my job I still miss trucking and trucks. I have a buddy who lives in Estell Manor and he rebuilding a B-61 but last I heard he's "Taking a MONEY break" LOL. If you know any truck shows etc. that would be great! Thanks and have a great day.

Bob

Although it is still physically here, my F Model has been sold. It probably needs a bit more work then you would be interested in doing any way. Another BMT member bought it and will be taking it home after the ATHS convention in South Bend this year.

post-45-0-95136300-1295188949_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Southbound,

I am not too far away in eastern PA if you want to take a Sunday ride! Always happy to show off my F model and talk trucks with friends old & new. I am at Macungie & Lititz PA shows every year too.

post-2694-0-35609900-1295189267_thumb.jp

I don't want to give out too many details until it happens, but I am trying to "adopt" another F model as well...

Gregg

• Like 1

Hey Bob,i was a household mover for almost 20 years,so i spent a LOT of time up at Ft,Dix/Mcgiure AFB! Wrightstown,Pemberton etc. and also down at the Cape may Coastguard base. My dad ran produce out of the "block" in Vineland almost his entire career,so i know a great deal of people in that area in the trucking business.He loaded a lot of blueberries in Hammonton,he also ran a lot of Hunts point,Bronx etc. Believe it or not,my aunt and uncle live right across the street from the cairiones in Malaga! matts son Barry (i believe) had an R-model,pulled an end-dump around SJ,eastern PA. I believe he has something to do with schoolbus maintenence now. We moved down here almost 4 years ago now,i haul furniture/store fixtures out of Martinsville,VA so it made sense to live closer to my outbound freight,we kinda do miss jersey though! just not the taxes,BS,so-forth! just cant get a good Cheesesteak down here!,NO tastykakes! LOL! there is a few truck shows around,i will get in touch with some of my pals,see if i can get some particulars...............Mark

• Like 1

Hey Bob,i was a household mover for almost 20 years,so i spent a LOT of time up at Ft,Dix/Mcgiure AFB! Wrightstown,Pemberton etc. and also down at the Cape may Coastguard base. My dad ran produce out of the "block" in Vineland almost his entire career,so i know a great deal of people in that area in the trucking business.He loaded a lot of blueberries in Hammonton,he also ran a lot of Hunts point,Bronx etc. Believe it or not,my aunt and uncle live right across the street from the cairiones in Malaga! matts son Barry (i believe) had an R-model,pulled an end-dump around SJ,eastern PA. I believe he has something to do with schoolbus maintenence now. We moved down here almost 4 years ago now,i haul furniture/store fixtures out of Martinsville,VA so it made sense to live closer to my outbound freight,we kinda do miss jersey though! just not the taxes,BS,so-forth! just cant get a good Cheesesteak down here!,NO tastykakes! LOL! there is a few truck shows around,i will get in touch with some of my pals,see if i can get some particulars...............Mark

Southbound,

I am not too far away in eastern PA if you want to take a Sunday ride! Always happy to show off my F model and talk trucks with friends old & new. I am at Macungie & Lititz PA shows every year too.

I don't want to give out too many details until it happens, but I am trying to "adopt" another F model as well...

Gregg

Thanks for the invite, I want to get up to the Mack Museum oneday and any truck shows I can. That's a nice Mack you got there!

just cant get a good Cheesesteak down here...............Mark

Come on over to Peoria, IL. I'll buy you a good Philly Cheesesteak at "Billy's Philly's" restaurant. He opened last year after moving from Philadelphia, PA where he lived all his life. Boy makes a damn good sammich, (other dog)!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I can't beleive you know the Cairiones!! What a small world. Been to the "Block" a couple times with Donio and Presti Produce back in the day. I did a people finder thing and it showed 2 Cairiones in Malaga, one 58-59 the other 90! I wonder if that could be Matt? I figured he'd gone on to the big Hi-Way in the sky. Is Martinsville near Smith Mtn Lake? that's kinda the area we were thinking about retiring in. I feel your pain on the cheese steaks and tastykakes, that's how it was when I was in the USAF. I'm gonna see if I can figure out how to use this Forum thing better than I am. Computers aren't my specialty.

I can't beleive you know the Cairiones!! What a small world. Been to the "Block" a couple times with Donio and Presti Produce back in the day. I did a people finder thing and it showed 2 Cairiones in Malaga, one 58-59 the other 90! I wonder if that could be Matt? I figured he'd gone on to the big Hi-Way in the sky. Is Martinsville near Smith Mtn Lake? that's kinda the area we were thinking about retiring in. I feel your pain on the cheese steaks and tastykakes, that's how it was when I was in the USAF. I'm gonna see if I can figure out how to use this Forum thing better than I am. Computers aren't my specialty.

Yeah it is a small world! that maybe matt,have'nt been in contact with the family for quite awhile. Smith mountain lake is 35-40 miles north of here,real nice area.We have been up there several times to spend the day. I got a buddy used to drive for Donio,ran a 3 tone brown GMC astro,used to run buffalo pretty regular,has his own truck now,primarily runs Philly/baltimore, now goes mostly to Safeway,Wegmans,Giant etc. you're right! we DO miss being able to go to a diner,get some some good food anytime of the day! not the case down here! EVERYTHING has "gravy" on it LOL! computers arent my thing either,but there are some real good people on here will help anyway they can! Just make sure you have a thick skin,a good sense of humor!.................Mark

Come on over to Peoria, IL. I'll buy you a good Philly Cheesesteak at "Billy's Philly's" restaurant. He opened last year after moving from Philadelphia, PA where he lived all his life. Boy makes a damn good sammich, (other dog)!!

Rob

Might just take you up on that sometime! traveling such as i do does allow me to do some "regional" shopping,i can usually pick up things we like that are unavailable here.....i was suprized to find out the contents of a "local" Italian sub sammich contains baloney! BLASPHEMY up north! LOL!.....been quite a while since i've been to peoria,last time i was there,i delivered some new shelves/store fixtures to the CAT outlet/company store downtown.......Mark

Might just take you up on that sometime! traveling such as i do does allow me to do some "regional" shopping,i can usually pick up things we like that are unavailable here.....i was suprized to find out the contents of a "local" Italian sub sammich contains baloney! BLASPHEMY up north! LOL!.....been quite a while since i've been to peoria,last time i was there,i delivered some new shelves/store fixtures to the CAT outlet/company store downtown.......Mark

It's been a while then. They tore the whole block down, (known as the Sears block) in the early to mid 90's. Still sitting empty!! Real funny too. The politicians in power at the time jumped on the bandwagon to build a "historical center" on the property. They gave Sears a large tax incentive package to move to the former Montgomery Wards store in the mall so they could demolish the former structure to build. Trouble was, they didn't have the funds, nor a plan to get the funds except through issuance of bonds. Sooooo, thinking they would garner the support if they'd already started the project, they tore it all down. The voting public was basically furious at this transparent notion and about 2/3rds of them were voted out!! The place is a big dirthole with exposed foundations of the old store still showing. There has been an eight foot plywood fence around the property with grafitti painted on for years now.

And they can't figger out why their broke.

Rob

Southbound,

Gregg

me like f model to

post-1912-0-79585000-1295307521_thumb.jp

I doubt if they'd wanna part with them. I'd like to find some truck shows in the NJ, PA, DE, MD area to at least see some even if I can't own one.

Here is a link to the Tri_States show that is held in Winchester, VA each year. The site still shows the 2010 dates, but they will update it soon.My link

Keep an eye on the calender that is posted on this site for other shows.

Take it from someone who looked for the "perfect" truck for awhile; If you are patient you will find what you want at the price you want to pay.

Persistence really pays off in this endeavor. Besides, the looking is almost as much fun as the owning and fixing part of the hobby.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!