Damn Nice Brockway!

vision386

Was looking through some old trucking magazines this morning,came across some pictures of this 360 series Brockway,with a pretty nice hood ornament! they sure don't make em' like this anymore! Re-reading some of these old articles,OVERDRIVE was really good to both Mack and Brockway,calling the new (then) 360 "the most rugged truck in the world" of course seeing a good looking woman with a truck is'nt "politically correct" anymore,but i thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing some "old school" pictures.....................Mark

post-5836-0-65896700-1294423821_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-27822800-1294423832_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-42403200-1294423884_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Sorry if I appear "biased" Mark, but I REALLY like that 1693TA Under the hood!!

Rob

Nope not at all! 1693TA was a damn good engine! my dad ran one in a 1972 White-freightliner C.O.E for many years,he always said it was about the best engine he ever had!.................Mark

Was looking through some old trucking magazines this morning,came across some pictures of this 360 series Brockway,with a pretty nice hood ornament! they sure don't make em' like this anymore! Re-reading some of these old articles,OVERDRIVE was really good to both Mack and Brockway,calling the new (then) 360 "the most rugged truck in the world" of course seeing a good looking woman with a truck is'nt "politically correct" anymore,but i thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing some "old school" pictures.....................Mark

Gee I wonder where that bolt came from on the tire? :pat: :pat:

The Model on the Brockway was Joyce Mandel. She became somewhat of a XXX Movie Star. This according to post on Brockway Site. The bolt probably came from the one that holds back of fender on. Front is hinged for a swingout fender. Probably not as important as first part of my post. Joe D.

Just googled her name and she sure was a good looking girl for her day. Im digging her "top heavy" style LOL

I'm right there with you on that bud! i did the same thing,she was in a couple of the old OVERDRIVES i still have from back in the 70's..........Mark

• 1 year later...

Thanks guys... This was the post I was looking for. Does anyone know which issue the Joyce Mandel pics originally came from?

The Brockway H360 in the pics is 1 of the 5 LL's that were sold by D and H of Dearborn MI and only 6 were built. A friend of mine ones one of 5 and would love to find a copy of the original magazine.

Thanks... Tom

LL stood for tandem axle cargo or straight job... Here is a chart of the suffixes Brockway used...

T = Single Axle Tractor

L = Single Axle Cargo or Straight

LF = Tandem Axle

LL = Tandem Axle Cargo or Straight

LLL = Tri Axle Cargo or Straight

LQ = Tandem Axle

TL = Tandem Axle Tractor

LFOH = Off Highway

LROH = Off Highway

Edited by oldspwr

Thanks guys... This was the post I was looking for. Does anyone know which issue the Joyce Mandel pics originally came from?

The Brockway H360 in the pics is 1 of the 5 LL's that were sold by D and H of Dearborn MI and only 6 were built. A friend of mine ones one of 5 and would love to find a copy of the original magazine.

Thanks... Tom

She was in several issues,i think the one with the Brockways is from December 1972?(Owner-Operator) i'll check and see if i can find it,she was in December 1976 (Overdrive) also,but with a KW...................................Mark

post-5836-0-13750700-1345242804_thumb.jp