Gonna Get Roasted...

Gambi80

Got a confession to make...I bought a 'new' truck. I've attached a picture of it. The banana peel is still in the family however. I couldn't pass up the deal...525hp N14 (finally a jake brake that WORKS!), 18sp and 3:90's w/full lockers...she goes.

post-1977-069201100 1289056545_thumb.jpg

post-1977-079396400 1289056584_thumb.jpg

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Got a confession to make...I bought a 'new' truck. I've attached a picture of it. The banana peel is still in the family however. I couldn't pass up the deal...525hp N14 (finally a jake brake that WORKS!), 18sp and 3:90's w/full lockers...she goes.

start roasting guys, i can hear the door swinging on the blast furnace now

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

start roasting guys, i can hear the door swinging on the blast furnace now

did you ever watch star wars when yoda asked luke are you afraid luke said no yoda said YOU WILL BE YOU WILL BE........DONT THINK BECAUSE YOU HAVE A PETE THAT OTHER PETE DRIVERS WILL EVEN WAVE AT YOU. DONT SELL THE MACK YOUR GONNA NEED IT

nice looking unit! That N14 is a good engine too. The W900 I was driving before the Pete had a 525 N14 and never gave me any trouble. Most of my down time now is all because of the Cat engine, not because of any Peterbilt issues.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

ha-ha-ha...i'm so glad you've finally got somebody else to pick on!

Yeah and you ain't gonna believe this but I spent a large portion of today coming to the rescue of another Mack loving Pete driver/walker!! This is NO SHIT TOO!!! The Pete is actually at the dealership in Bloomington, IL flat on it's ass, (nothing out of the ordinary here) and the driver whom is from Texas, is overnighting at my house.

I'm taking him back to Bloomington tomorrow morning to get home by other means until the "clunker" can be looked at, (and scrap plans laid) on Monday.

Now I hate to laugh at someone when they're down, (being the caring, compassionate individual I am) and although exercising great restraint, I couldn't. But, he really should have known better.

Ya know, and this just proves it, "You can't win with one of them things".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Took Bob over to the Bloomington, IL AMTRAK station and he is on his way with a plan to check up on this truck Monday morning. It wouldn't even start after sitting overnight and being cold.

2005 330 series Pete. C7 Cat engine, six speed Allison automatic, on Pete "Low Air" suspension.

Rob

post-78-045725700 1289141366_thumb.jpg

post-78-031015100 1289141375_thumb.jpg

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

So are you planning on changing your avatar too (remember YOU brought this on yourself)?

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

So are you planning on changing your avatar too (remember YOU brought this on yourself)?

Maybe the one, but the grenades...I don't know. The flatbed load of grenades was some of OD's finest work and I'd hate to offend someone of his stature.

Nice looking truck. I do like the looks of petes as they still have that classic apeal to them (unlike newer macks) Engine should be good. One thing I dont like about Petes is that they feel like a wet sponge in the dirt. rocking back and forth up and down. seats moving all over the place. gear shifter hitting the seat in the low hole. I like a soft ride but in the dirt I want it to feel solid.

Hate to say it but im a realist. paccar must be doing something right as they stole alot of the market away from Mack.Regardless Ill be keeping my R Model..

Nice looking truck. I do like the looks of petes as they still have that classic apeal to them (unlike newer macks) Engine should be good. One thing I dont like about Petes is that they feel like a wet sponge in the dirt. rocking back and forth up and down. seats moving all over the place. gear shifter hitting the seat in the low hole. I like a soft ride but in the dirt I want it to feel solid.

Hate to say it but im a realist. paccar must be doing something right as they stole alot of the market away from Mack.Regardless Ill be keeping my R Model..

Problem was that I could not find a newer Mack to suit me, as I wanted an update. I wanted O/O specs, highest HP, most gears and all that...pretty impossible to find a 2000-2003 CH thataway. Guy I'm leased with had this truck so I thought I'd give it a shot...good maintenence program, never driven in the winter really...loaded up and spec'd right for what I need.

Gotta say though, it's amazing how much power this thing's got...dayum.

Took Bob over to the Bloomington, IL AMTRAK station and he is on his way with a plan to check up on this truck Monday morning. It wouldn't even start after sitting overnight and being cold.

2005 330 series Pete. C7 Cat engine, six speed Allison automatic, on Pete "Low Air" suspension.

Rob

Two injectors later and with two marginal remaining, off to KC he went, arriving on a hook. Seems the truck quit once again just short of the mid trip destination. Frustrated, he purchased a plane ticket and flew to Dallas, then had his wife pick him up there.

I don't know the disposition of the truck at this point and am reserving unbiased judgement on what I would do with it.

Rob

Two injectors later and with two marginal remaining, off to KC he went, arriving on a hook. Seems the truck quit once again just short of the mid trip destination. Frustrated, he purchased a plane ticket and flew to Dallas, then had his wife pick him up there.

I don't know the disposition of the truck at this point and am reserving unbiased judgement on what I would do with it.

Thank you for accomodating a fellow texian, Rob, that is most kind and congenial of you. Somebody has to look after us,,,,,,,randy

Rob

I like Texas. Went part of high school in Waco, and was right at home. In a lot of ways, sure wished I'd stayed but had a young family to raise.

Rob

Rob

Looks like a Bentz conversion crew cab. My Schalbe conversion crew cab runs just fine with an 8.3L ISC Cummins in it. Let us/me know if he's gonna scrap it, I've had a blast with mine!

Since this is the Roasted Peterbilt Owners post, figured I would chime in with my dirty little secret!

post-609-016709200 1289445305_thumb.jpg

Here's my 2000 Peterbilt model 330, 8.3L Cummins, Allison MD3060P automatic transmission, and a Western Hauler bed for towing Momma's little home away from home!

Bob's misfortune could be a nice twin for mine with a little work (and a Cummins to replace the "scaterpillar"!). Let us know if he's getting rid of it Rob, I might be interested.

Scott

Looks like a Bentz conversion crew cab. My Schalbe conversion crew cab runs just fine with an 8.3L ISC Cummins in it. Let us/me know if he's gonna scrap it, I've had a blast with mine!

Since this is the Roasted Peterbilt Owners post, figured I would chime in with my dirty little secret!

post-609-016709200 1289445305_thumb.jpg

Here's my 2000 Peterbilt model 330, 8.3L Cummins, Allison MD3060P automatic transmission, and a Western Hauler bed for towing Momma's little home away from home!

Bob's misfortune could be a nice twin for mine with a little work (and a Cummins to replace the "scaterpillar"!). Let us know if he's getting rid of it Rob, I might be interested.

Scott

Your Pete was already seen by the eyes of mine as I'd seen photos of it on other places. I was actually contemplating one of em back in 2000 when looking for a crew cab for long distance towing but came to my senses when priced out.......

The one Bob was driving is not his. He was shagging it from an auction is Philly, picking up another auction purchase in KC, MO to tow behind this thing, then off to his home base in TX. This is what he's been doing for work lately. Trouble is the past few runs have not been very smooth, being problematic. This thing is to be shortened and a bed similar to yours installed, then resold.

Right now the dealerships seem to be sucking the profit potential out of the venture.

Rob