Excellent Service

well i limped into mackpro68 with my egr clogged and other such unmentionables. i cannot praise this shop enough and a special shoutout for mackpro68. i have been to my local mack shop with various problems oh an amber flashing light for instance to be told oh that happens to them all its no problem. i visited another huge volvo mack shop who did find my problem but proceeded to violate and pillage me with the quote for parts and over $100 hr for labour. i declined and slowly made my way to mackpro68 where they fixed my problems with no fuss or pillaging. it would want to make one move back to the country and leave these city slickers and hustlers to their tricks. The quality of dealers seems to be a huge problem in the mack world. one would have hoped that volvo would have paid attention to this but i guess there is more money in volvos. i know there are quality mack shops around but from my experience here in the southeast they are pretty lame. sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this vent. i am truck trucking again until later.

well i limped into mackpro68 with my egr clogged and other such unmentionables. i cannot praise this shop enough and a special shoutout for mackpro68. i have been to my local mack shop with various problems oh an amber flashing light for instance to be told oh that happens to them all its no problem. i visited another huge volvo mack shop who did find my problem but proceeded to violate and pillage me with the quote for parts and over $100 hr for labour. i declined and slowly made my way to mackpro68 where they fixed my problems with no fuss or pillaging. it would want to make one move back to the country and leave these city slickers and hustlers to their tricks. The quality of dealers seems to be a huge problem in the mack world. one would have hoped that volvo would have paid attention to this but i guess there is more money in volvos. i know there are quality mack shops around but from my experience here in the southeast they are pretty lame. sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this vent. i am truck trucking again until later.

Don't know if it was you but someone really "ripped" on Tidewater Mack in VA using Craigslist as the medium a few hours ago telling of huge dissatisfied experience with them. What a shame and change from 20 years ago.

Always nice to hear of a positive experience from and for a board member.

Check this out:

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/2031400987.html

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I agree,its always nice to hear a positive comment about someone,or their services connected with this website! i have no real dealings with tidewater mack,other than the fact some years ago,they were about the only people selling older parts,they once had a "B-model store" similar to what watts is doing now,we ordered a great many things from them,and were always happy with the quality and level of service we recieved,how they are now i would'nt hazzard a guess,as there are VERY few service dealers that i will even let touch my truck anymore...maybe 3 in the entire country! i know that puts me in kind of a bad spot,but its my money,and i want things done right,and the way they should be,period!.......Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

not i rob im in ga but it sure sounded like a disgruntled employee god bless him. i run 48 states with my mack and it sure gets lonesome out west where you could go all day without seeing another mack. its a real shame because these trucks ride well, are well built, great visibility and just a solid truck. now if only i could get mackpro68 to team and to bring his toolbox we would be set. now there's an original thought...

I'm glad to hear good reports like that. MackPro has given me a lot of valuable information that I was unable to purchase from my local Mack shop. When and if I ever do get close to his place I want him to check my ride out for sure especially after hearing him and bigen carry on.

The Mack shops in Houston, Beaumont, and Cleveland, Texas will screw you in a heartbeat and they don't have Mack mechanics anyway. They charge you $150 for hooking up the computer plus $100+ per hour to tell you they don't have the slightest clue WTF is wrong with your truck. MackPro and some others like fjh and rhasler have helped me more with my truck right here from this forum than all the dealers around home combined.

I'm glad to hear good reports like that. MackPro has given me a lot of valuable information that I was unable to purchase from my local Mack shop. When and if I ever do get close to his place I want him to check my ride out for sure especially after hearing him and bigen carry on.

The Mack shops in Houston, Beaumont, and Cleveland, Texas will screw you in a heartbeat and they don't have Mack mechanics anyway. They charge you $150 for hooking up the computer plus $100+ per hour to tell you they don't have the slightest clue WTF is wrong with your truck. MackPro and some others like fjh and rhasler have helped me more with my truck right here from this forum than all the dealers around home combined.

thats why they are called SUPPER HERO'S

not i rob im in ga but it sure sounded like a disgruntled employee god bless him. i run 48 states with my mack and it sure gets lonesome out west where you could go all day without seeing another mack. its a real shame because these trucks ride well, are well built, great visibility and just a solid truck. now if only i could get mackpro68 to team and to bring his toolbox we would be set. now there's an original thought...

I know what u mean, im headed for eureka,nv.

since veagas mack closed its a long way to a tech that has ever seen a dog......

Sure sounds like a very unhappy ex employee. It seems that most dealers (car and truck) hire mostly part changers. I've also got more help from members here than from my local dealership. The general ratio of Mack to other makes for the sand and gravel trucks and the road builder was always 90% Mack and the balance spread between Pete and International. Now a Mack hauling sand or asphault is a rarity. There mostly all K.W., Petes and Western Stars. Could be the dealer service and general "we're the only game in town" attitude be the cause? The techs I've dealt with here couldn't pour pee from a boot, if you put the instructions on the bottom of it. Thank god were have good ,knowledgable helpful members here.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks for the kind words Kilo6. I wish I would have been able to clean out that EGR cooler but it was plugged solid. Cant wait to see if your fuel milage will improve and get above the 5.7mpg with the other things we did. Gotta get that HP muffler ordered for ya and cant wait to see the results.

This Happens with everyone, These authorized service stations :pat: charges a lot for any minor faults and don't treat well as per we paying the charges.

Some garages are not so recognized but they serve very well, and they have real expertize in auto parts. Also they are available for service anytime with our convenience, they charges only for the right amount of work. :thumb:

This Happens with everyone, These authorized service stations :pat: charges a lot for any minor faults and don't treat well as per we paying the charges.

Some garages are not so recognized but they serve very well, and they have real expertize in auto parts. Also they are available for service anytime with our convenience, they charges only for the right amount of work. :thumb:

Been reading this guys posts....another computer generated answer??

Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Been reading this guys posts....another computer generated answer??

Paul

Probably, and like I said earlier; "Another that needs to go".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.