ducky698

Hi, my brakes are all done :) what a challenge that was. now on the back of the 866 fuel pump there is an electric terminal in the centre, what is this for? also on the front of the fuel pump there is an air line coming out of something, what do I do with this? thanks.

Grant

Hi, my brakes are all done :) what a challenge that was. now on the back of the 866 fuel pump there is an electric terminal in the centre, what is this for? also on the front of the fuel pump there is an air line coming out of something, what do I do with this? thanks.

Grant

The"something"with the air line coming out of it would be the puff limiter,you can block it off and blow black smoke.I'd guess the electric terminal is for the Dynatard.

dynatard and pufflimiter..........dont block it off or ya gunna get fined, ring me grant we can answer most of your questions you need help with the rebuild on the mack.0419 883 099.....if ya cant get me follow the prompts and speak to our western australian area operations manager.

do you want a e9 400 to put in this truck instead of that shitty 866? cheap and strong we are selling a heap of spares mate, also wrecking a v8 ultraliner......nothing wrong with it it's just pissing me off takeing up yard space, e9 440, 12 speed, 5.02's double railed 118 tonne rated, its gotta go either complete or parted out...christ i might park it on the side of the road and let the coon's wreck it out....and i aint jokeing......need room for another superliner

"christ i might park it on the side of the road and let the coon's wreck it out"

This has to be the quote of the week. I'll bet it means something a whole lot different here than over there.

I'd say so.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

do you want a e9 400 to put in this truck instead of that shitty 866? cheap and strong we are selling a heap of spares mate, also wrecking a v8 ultraliner......nothing wrong with it it's just pissing me off takeing up yard space, e9 440, 12 speed, 5.02's double railed 118 tonne rated, its gotta go either complete or parted out...christ i might park it on the side of the road and let the coon's wreck it out....and i aint jokeing......need room for another superliner

Hi, so the wire on the back of pump goes to positive for when dynatard is on?, I assume it shuts off the fuel when engine brake is on? where abouts are you located, if you got coons, sounds like Kalgoorlie still?, if you want them to get it you may have to drain the diesel and fill her up with premium petrol, they will sniff it to bits then!

I will probly leave the 866 in it for now as I have gone to far to pull it out, its 866 with 20 speed spicer and 5.13s need a 60 inch low line bunk, a head lining and thats about it. what price you got on that 400?

Grant

The"something"with the air line coming out of it would be the puff limiter,you can block it off and blow black smoke.I'd guess the electric terminal is for the Dynatard.

Hello, it has a line that comes out and goes to some other thing on the intake then to a temp switch on left hand top hose, can I remove the temp switch on top hose and plum the line from the governor to the thing on the intake?

Grant

"christ i might park it on the side of the road and let the coon's wreck it out"

This has to be the quote of the week. I'll bet it means something a whole lot different here than over there.

I am blowing pepsi out my nose as I read this - Classic!

I keep finding new possible meanings that all come with funny visuals.

Don't believe there is a difference here or there

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I lost this bet. I ran into a guy from New Zealand today that works for a friend of mine. He said this word has the exact same meaning on both sides of world.

I lost this bet. I ran into a guy from New Zealand today that works for a friend of mine. He said this word has the exact same meaning on both sides of world.

Small world we live in.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

and sorry for the coon word didnt relise it was a derogetory meening in america.

I would not worry about it a whole lot. At least you can still call a shovel a shovel on either side of the pond, without offending someone. If you call it anything else, all bet's are off.

I would not worry about it a whole lot. At least you can still call a shovel a shovel on either side of the pond, without offending someone. If you call it anything else, all bet's are off.

Hi, true. the old days were much better.

Grant

Hi, I am going to kick this thing in the guts this week sometime, it hasnt been run since it was a naughty puppy and barked at me 6mths ago when it started and revved its box off for 20 seconds, am draining the oil and replacing before start up, how would i get some oil pressure up first, or should i just crank it over with engine stop out till it reads on the gauge??

thanks.

Grant

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, ok now the dam thing wont go! when I dont want it to start it doesnt hesitate in doing so, when I do want it to start it wont. have cracked all the injector lines and pressurized the inlet and still no go. what am i doing wrong?

also the did trucks with the 866 have 2 temp gauges or one? i only ask because of the 2 thermostats. and what if one fails? doe it by pass?

Grant