Bought My 1St Truck

I've NEVER seen the need to spend a bunch of time, effort, and money making an old work truck shine like a new one. If I'm driving someone else's truck, and they are willing to pay for me to run it through the streakin' beacon (or other similar establishment), I'll do it as often as they like me to...but I'm not spending my own time, energy, or money on it. About the only time I wash my own truck is when I'm going to work on it or take it in for work to be done on it....just easier to work on a clean truck.

Makes me just as much money either way...and I don't feel bad taking a dirty truck off road, whereas that would be a hard turn to make on Monday morning if I had just spent my entire weekend spit-shining the truck. :wacko:

Well this truck is my pride and joy. I worked so hard to get my own truck. I like going down the road with it all shined up and looking good. It gives me a sense of pride. Plus DOT is more likely to leave you alone. I do agree with you a clean truck makes the same as a dirty one. Different strokes for different folks.

Now when i was a company driver. I did wash the truck once every 2 weeks. They did pay me for it. But i would never bust out the polisha nd get crazy with it. But since this is my own truck it is well worth it to me. Plus i take it to my house for the weekend and drink a couple beers and clean it up. I enjoy it.

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just tell me your from BMT.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can sure agree with that! i take a lot of pride in my ride as well! may not make any difference to some,to each his own,but when i show up at a customers location,i want them to know they are dealing with a professional person. My truck is no show piece by any means,but spotless,clean,well maintained,both inside and out,of course i live in mine most of the year anyway,and i too enjoy drinking a few beers when i'm cleaning and so-forth. its a matter of pride as far as i'm concerned,i work hard all year,and in this economy consider myself damn lucky! so i refuse to run up and down the road in some "shitwagon" LOL! especially when my names on the door!..........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I can sure agree with that! i take a lot of pride in my ride as well! may not make any difference to some,to each his own,but when i show up at a customers location,i want them to know they are dealing with a professional person. My truck is no show piece by any means,but spotless,clean,well maintained,both inside and out,of course i live in mine most of the year anyway,and i too enjoy drinking a few beers when i'm cleaning and so-forth. its a matter of pride as far as i'm concerned,i work hard all year,and in this economy consider myself damn lucky! so i refuse to run up and down the road in some "shitwagon" LOL! especially when my names on the door!..........Mark

I'll drink to that. Plus my kids are young enough yet that they'll think it's just freakin cool to help dad shine up the truck while he supervises from the chair under the shade tree, beer in hand.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Windows tinted. 5% tint. Got all my wheels shine up. Paid 75 bucks a wheel to get them polish by a VIS polish machine. Well worth it. Painted my hubs. Put all new flaps across the back. Next on the list is my name on the side.

6in strip on the top. 5in strip on the bottom.

100_0518.jpg

100_0517.jpg

100_0514.jpg

100_0515.jpg

100_0516.jpg

100_0519.jpg

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just tell me your from BMT.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work Mackmann,that is a fine looking piece of machinery. I work hard at keeping my old girl ('89 R model) as nice as I can .....that truck not only represents me, but my wife - whose name is on the front, and the family I work for - whose name is on the side....and I believe it is my responsibility to represent all of us as best I can. Keep up the good work, Rick

post-398-0-18887800-1300936265_thumb.jpg

Nice work Mackmann,that is a fine looking piece of machinery. I work hard at keeping my old girl ('89 R model) as nice as I can .....that truck not only represents me, but my wife - whose name is on the front, and the family I work for - whose name is on the side....and I believe it is my responsibility to represent all of us as best I can. Keep up the good work, Rick

Now those are the words of a true proud American Trucker !! An the truck shows it

BULLHUSK

We have the 460 and an 18 in a 2000 ch and have loved it. It pulls a 40 ft 3 axle side dump and plays with it like a toy. Gets around 5 mpg no matter what. As far as polishing the aluminum I start by sanding with 600 or 800 grit dry then move on to 1000 wet and finish with 2000 wet. Then I start polishing with a heavy cut compound from 3M, then move on to something like wizard's metal renew or mother's, then finish with the Showman's blend polish from a company called English Custom Polish. http://www.englishcustompolishing.com/

I used this process on my factory aluminum rims on my Impala and they looked like chrome.

Mack- Built Tough to Ride Rough!

Driver and operator for Bertils Gravel and Excavation

ANother polish I found that works really good with little effort is Busch. Might have to order it online as not everyone carries it. I spent all of 5 mins 1 day doing mine. Knees got to hurting and said the hell with it. I'll pay someone to machine polish the whole truck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info everyone. Now my next question is?? Where online can i order everything i need to put a 6in straight pipe on it. and get all the clamps and everything i need. Maybe a nice 5in elbow too. Thanks again.

Fair warning, the 460 is LOUD with no muffler. You'll get to the point where you will leave the jake off lol. I drove an 04 Ch with a 460, wasn't technically straight piped but the muffler was gutted. I could barely hear the radio even with the volume all the way up.

Beautiful granite BTW

Edited by Chadro

Fair warning, the 460 is LOUD with no muffler. You'll get to the point where you will leave the jake off lol. I drove an 04 Ch with a 460, wasn't technically straight piped but the muffler was gutted. I could barely hear the radio even with the volume all the way up.

Beautiful granite BTW

I like my straight pipes on my Vision. LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES... If I can JAKE interrupt one phone call or text each day, perhaps the life I save will be my own.

Gregg

I like the sound of a natural aspirated engine under a decent load no matter the brand, but through mufflers. I'm most fond of Mack, and Detroit Diesel.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I like the sound of a natural aspirated engine under a decent load no matter the brand, but through mufflers. I'm most fond of Mack, and Detroit Diesel.

Rob

Ok Guys I believe i'm discovering some BS here and now...I quote...."NO MATTER THE BRAND".... unquote....yes that will relieve some tension otherdog has been having with his Peterbilt. :lol:

Are there any true to life Mack Lovers out there? That only like the sound of a Mack, other than me? :mack1:

mike :clap:

Peterbilt is by far the most quiet truck on the side of the road out there. This is because you cannot hear them over the wrecker unit that is towing them to the repair shop.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Peterbilt is by far the most quiet truck on the side of the road out there. This is because you cannot hear them over the wrecker unit that is towing them to the repair shop.

Rob

If you cannot hear the Peterbilt, then how would one know of it's existance? Hummmmm

Like a tree felling in the forest. Does one know of it making a noise?

Professor MackaDyne

I like the sound of a natural born aspirated orangutan in the jungle, beating his chest and calling out to all his lady friends. Now that is quite a sound to be heard and lots of power with a 4 inch exhaust.....with teeth.

Treehugger Power

mike

Ok Guys I believe i'm discovering some BS here and now...I quote...."NO MATTER THE BRAND".... unquote....yes that will relieve some tension otherdog has been having with his Peterbilt. :lol:

Are there any true to life Mack Lovers out there? That only like the sound of a Mack, other than me? :mack1:

mike :clap:

I was just having that conversation down at the Mack dealer the other day...about people who spec vendor transmissions and rears in their "Mack" truck. If I wanted an Eaton transmission or Meritor rears, I'd buy a Cornbinder. I bought my Mack to get a Mack truck...and the only way to TRULY do that is to have a Mack engine, Mack transmission, and Mack rears. If'n it ain't got that gold bulldog on the hood, I'm not interested. B)

...and as for the exhaust, I like my stacks short and the baffles knocked out of the mufflers. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!