Advice On Painting My Rims(B61)

I was looking for some advice on what to do about painting my rims on the B61. I have them 99% finished painted (needs touched up)but I see so many B models painted with the green rim and the gray on the ring and inside. Id like advice on what looks better. Keep them the way they are or go with option B - Thanks -

post-2596-127413149617_thumb.jpg

post-2596-127413161317.jpg

Edited by jaysm35a2

I was looking for some advice on what to do about painting my rims on the B61. I have them 99% finished painted (needs touched up)but I see so many B models painted with the green rim and the gray on the ring and inside. Id like advice on what looks better. Keep them the way they are or go with option B - Thanks -

I'm doing my B67 with bright red hubs and white or silver rims. That combination is just as "classic" as the green and silver you mention.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I personally like the spyder painted the same color as the truck with a gray lockring,or the "classic" mack look,contrasting colors ie: green truck with mack red wheels and gray lockrings etc. but i also like what you have done with yours.......mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

hi,

From what I have seen in factory pictures, the spokes are the same color as the frame and the rims were galvanized metal color. Now, I do know that when it come to a Mack truck that anything was possible, and each truck was custom ordered. I like to do a little art work on the spokes, highlight the mack script,something to make the stand out.

Morgan

15 gears...no waiting!

I personally like the spyder painted the same color as the truck with a gray lockring,or the "classic" mack look,contrasting colors ie: green truck with mack red wheels and gray lockrings etc. but i also like what you have done with yours.......mark

wella wella,, my vote is the green spokes with silver ring,,and i really put my fashion eye on it,,,Randy

They both look great,for me I always liked blood red on the spokes and gray rims,not a B but on my old DM's I used rustoleum red and for the rims rustoleum gray with a little silver mixed in to lighten the gray a little and give it some sparkle the wedges get silver or chrome and the lug nuts get chrome caps,my cabs were green also and this looked great against the green.Have fun.

I have the outside ring on one side painted gray/silver along with the inner rim. Now I have to paint the outside with the color. I like the red idea also, do you think it will turn out too Christmas'y on a Mack green B? -

Did it look too Christmas'y on my RB in the photo?

When I had B models I used the same color scheme.

Red is the opposite of green in the spectrum.

Contrast is good.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

No , yours looks good. I saw a B67 on a web site that had it done but they were way brighter red along with some other things like quarter fenders. While I have a can im going to try red also. I have a set of lug nut covers that cover the smaller nuts inside the rim -

yeah,,,funny as in Ha Ha Hee Hee funny,,,heh heh ,,funny,,,I hear ya,,,LOL..Randy

I'd like some em french fried taters with mustard (Sling Blade) I was a thinkin pink brushed on with a nail polish brush borrowed, I hope from the wifie poo. :pat:

mike

I'd like some em french fried taters with mustard (Sling Blade) I was a thinkin pink brushed on with a nail polish brush borrowed, I hope from the wifie poo. :pat:

mike

ummm,,,,huh,,,,ummmm,,,i dont like thet thar potted meat stuff,,,got bull peckers in it,,,ummm,,,huh,,,,Carl is my hero,,,Randy

ummm,,,,huh,,,,ummmm,,,i dont like thet thar potted meat stuff,,,got bull peckers in it,,,ummm,,,huh,,,,Carl is my hero,,,Randy

"just cain't get this tiller to run.........." aint no gas in it....ummmm hummmmm" LMAO!...mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

just like kenny jayne used to do ,and then i had my 6 wheeler the same way. now i have kennys 6 wheeler in my collection , matt

That's where I first got the idea, from Kenny's B81, back when Earl Serdy owned it when it was new.

I remember that B81 when it was brand new in 1966 (I was 10 years old then), every time I saw it I was mesmerized!!!!

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"