The Fedex Freight Driver:

Because, as I've pointed out repeatedly here lately, if you shift a quad box like a 5 speed, it's impossible to keep a Thermodyne engine within it's operating range of 1500 to 2100 RPM.

i was joking i needed one more post to get to pedigreed and couldn't think of anything..........................

i was joking i needed one more post to get to pedigreed and couldn't think of anything..........................

Oh.

I thought maybe you were just trying to get everyone fired up again. lol.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

'bout damn time you joined the club beerchug.gif

have you got any connections around pueblo,Co.?????????

i can't find anything but no payin hay.

i allways get suckered into going out here for $2.20 a mile thinking i gota get lucky once in a while, as useual here i set fueled and showered with no place to go.........

• 4 weeks later...

i would be just fine if nobody reminded me of that for the rest of my life.

I know what you mean there.All the log haulers here stopped buying Macks went to the other two mostly.But one logger went an bought a used 2000 model KW T800.Said the new trucks with the after burner stayed in the shop not making money.Thanks to EPA,Government and Al Gore.

I used to own one of the best Macks built.1965 B61 with a Quad Box.62 MPH up hill down hill empty or loaded.

have you got any connections around pueblo,Co.?????????

i can't find anything but no payin hay.

i allways get suckered into going out here for $2.20 a mile thinking i gota get lucky once in a while, as useual here i set fueled and showered with no place to go.........

bigen I sent a PM.

GEEEZZ did,nt mean to stir up a whole shit storm! you guys primarirly do vocational work, me on the other hand am on pavement 99.9% of the time,spend upwards of 3 weeks at a time in my truck, cover 26-3000+ miles per week, mountains,snow, desert etc.i have been in a truck longer than some of the people i know have been alive, and after 30 years you come to appreacieate a good riding truck when your back, knees, and everything else is sore and does'nt work so good anymore! no truck rides like a cadillac,my point was my CX rides better than a similarly equipped volvo thats all.....mark

Amen and preach on brother me too, I started OTR in 1968. I've had large car pete, KW, and a Binder Eagle and none compare to the comfort of my beloved Vision. I had a Western Star once that was almost as smooth riding but the cab was too small.

Amen and preach on brother me too, I started OTR in 1968. I've had large car pete, KW, and a Binder Eagle and none compare to the comfort of my beloved Vision. I had a Western Star once that was almost as smooth riding but the cab was too small.

I hear ya! anybody that knows me knows my loyalty in trucks is mack,and i have driven several other make trucks,including my dads 275" wheelbase pete largecar,and all kidding aside,my CX is absolutely the best riding/handling truck i have ever driven! I get some grief frome other make owners/drivers..ask me why a mack? i always tell them the same thing,show me a better built truck,with 100 years plus engineering experience,and macks reputation and i'll buy one!....mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I hear ya! anybody that knows me knows my loyalty in trucks is mack,and i have driven several other make trucks,including my dads 275" wheelbase pete largecar,and all kidding aside,my CX is absolutely the best riding/handling truck i have ever driven! I get some grief frome other make owners/drivers..ask me why a mack? i always tell them the same thing,show me a better built truck,with 100 years plus engineering experience,and macks reputation and i'll buy one!....mark

I'm with you. I pull a tank and it's unbelievable how much more easy the Vision is to maneuver in the chemical plants. Often times I have to wait 10-20 minutes for a pretty boy to get out of my way in the plants because they have so many blind spots they can't get around without a ground guide. When the yappers get on me about owning a "bulldog" I tell them the Bulldogs have fed and raised 5 kiddoes, put 3 through college and paid for 2 homes so I'll just stay at the pound.

I'm with you. I pull a tank and it's unbelievable how much more easy the Vision is to maneuver in the chemical plants. Often times I have to wait 10-20 minutes for a pretty boy to get out of my way in the plants because they have so many blind spots they can't get around without a ground guide. When the yappers get on me about owning a "bulldog" I tell them the Bulldogs have fed and raised 5 kiddoes, put 3 through college and paid for 2 homes so I'll just stay at the pound.

I hear ya' i go to some dam hard places to get into myself,and with my turning radius backing up almost makes me look like i know what i'm doin'! as far as i'm concerned, these guys can have their "hoods" i don't know how many times i've had to wait for a "W9" or 379 pete to pull up back up 15-20 times,then the last laugh is on me when i do it in one! i love it when they need 6 lanes to make a right too!...macks have kept a roof over my families heads and food on the table for a long LONG time,so i'm sticking with what i know too!.....mark

I owned 1 W900 K/W, And out of the other 19 (2Macks 2Petes 1Brockway the rest F-Liners) It was the worst riding, maneuvring & handling truck not to mention how freakin heavy it was. Not A good tractor for haulin BULK CEMENT esp. in an out of N.Y. N.J. L.I. & PA. CT. Two years, 4 bumpers & 20 guide poles later. I got rid of it

I hear ya' i go to some dam hard places to get into myself,and with my turning radius backing up almost makes me look like i know what i'm doin'! as far as i'm concerned, these guys can have their "hoods" i don't know how many times i've had to wait for a "W9" or 379 pete to pull up back up 15-20 times,then the last laugh is on me when i do it in one! i love it when they need 6 lanes to make a right too!...macks have kept a roof over my families heads and food on the table for a long LONG time,so i'm sticking with what i know too!.....mark

i think my hood gets around just fine, thank you very much..........................................

I'm not too good at going forward...much worse going backwards. They had to cut down a bank twice and still had to tow me so I could get around the curve at the bottom of this hill. Then I had to back all the way back down to turn around in the grass by the big oak tree, between the trailer and the brush pile.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

i think my hood gets around just fine, thank you very much..........................................

Hey bigen,seriously does that CH handle pretty good? i have looked at them, and to tell you the truth the set-forward steer axle kinda scared me.I go to a lot of small mom and pop type customers and i need all the steering i can get! just curious i have'nt test driven one yet.......mark

I owned 1 W900 K/W, And out of the other 19 (2Macks 2Petes 1Brockway the rest F-Liners) It was the worst riding, maneuvring & handling truck not to mention how freakin heavy it was. Not A good tractor for haulin BULK CEMENT esp. in an out of N.Y. N.J. L.I. & PA. CT. Two years, 4 bumpers & 20 guide poles later. I got rid of it

Ernie,i drove a buddy a mines w-900 one time and holy shit! turn the wheel 3 times lock to lock and the steer tires hardly move! no good at all in a tight spot or for what i do,my pops went to hunts point market almost 6 nights a week with a 275" wheelbase 359 pete...he'd get backed in and be 10 feet longer then anything else,i just don't know how some a these guys do it!.....mark

Hey bigen,seriously does that CH handle pretty good? i have looked at them, and to tell you the truth the set-forward steer axle kinda scared me.I go to a lot of small mom and pop type customers and i need all the steering i can get! just curious i have'nt test driven one yet.......mark

mine does just as good as my vision, but the wheel base is about the same, this truck is a little shorter

I'm not too good at going forward...much worse going backwards. They had to cut down a bank twice and still had to tow me so I could get around the curve at the bottom of this hill. Then I had to back all the way back down to turn around in the grass by the big oak tree, between the trailer and the brush pile.

I once delivered some equipment to a mine in W. Va that ended up sending a tow truck and D-9 Cat to sit my trailer around curves. I could pull the grades okay but the curves were to sharp.

:SMOKIE-LFT: I drove an 06 W900B at the last place I worked at an I really liked it I thought it handled an manuvered well on constrction sites, I actually liked it better than th 96 Mack CH I drove before it. If I had my choice though I would still be driving my 89 Superliner or 92 MH they were the best 2 trucks I ever drove. They handled like a dream, and pulled like bears, but we can't always have what we want, so I now work at a place that most of the fleet are volvo and old ones at that, some times you just have to draw the line between glory and a decent paycheck.

well guys i have been in my 05 vision now for 4 months and it is just the best truck i have driven. i saw a canadian 09 ch rawhide team in il last week and they were complaining about fuel mileage. 5.6 it was a 485 with 13 speed. it was one sharp looking truck though. my little vision was puny alongside it. still my mileage is creeping up to around 6.5 now so better i guess. now if i could get back to base and get my new roof a/c compressor replaced things would be dandy. i refuse to idle unless i have to. safe one yall

I once delivered some equipment to a mine in W. Va that ended up sending a tow truck and D-9 Cat to sit my trailer around curves. I could pull the grades okay but the curves were to sharp.

that story should start with YOU AINT GONNA BELIEVE THIS

I was leased to atlas van lines for almost 20 years,and once i picked up a load of telephone switching equipment at an AT&T building up in rochester,NY,my trailer had to be lifted by a crane up to the second floor to facilitate the unloading out of the bldg.these batteries had actually been installed before the bldg.was built and would not fit out of the doors.....one of the more "unusual" moves i ever did!......mark