Any G Model Aficionados Here?

I saw this truck last fall at a place where we were looking at other trucks.Upon return the other day,it was still there and he kind of really wants to move it.It is in fantastic shape for it's year.I figured since junk is high again I would make some sort of deal,we did.It is a 1959 G73,has an NH-220 and a TRT7220 and a top loading double reduction rear.Don't know what I am going to do with it,but it would make a good home for that Model 20 Jake I have had stashed all these years.

post-1699-127060965764_thumb.jpg

post-1699-127060967225_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The G does look pretty good. There has been quite a few modifications to the truck that I see. Some were probably done with assistance from Mack and some look to be done to keep the truck functional. The problem with restoring a G is parts availability. I had 2 parts trucks, parts gathered from the ones that remained in yards over 10 years ago and a purchase of a stash of parts from a Mack dealer that had a collection of G parts. This week, a good friend of mine is coming to my place to get parts that he has not been able to locate for his G restoration. He is at the top of the list for access to the parts that I have and I have quite a line formed for what is left.

If you have any specific questions about your G, shoot some additional photos and send me a message here through BMT.

Thanks, Doug

My G is the Green one on the right. The daycab is one of a few that belongs to the friend that is coming by this week.

post-91-127063520614_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Yes,the truck has a few modifications,but not many,and it is very complete.This truck was working daily until fairly recently,just amazing the bumper and cab corners are not all bent and dented from the usual truck terminal mishaps.The interior is all there,steering wheel is very good and the wiring is not all cut into.The headliner and seats will need redoing as mice got to them at one time.The engine has an issue,I will take care of that,check out the brake system and running gear and may be able to hit a few shows this season.I could use the "G-73" emblem if anyone has one.Thanks,Al

al was that the G model richard kemp had up there a while back?

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

A recent thread on G's here:

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?showtopic=837

I have also noticed that they seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately.

Short, single axle with a sleeper - possibly that was a houshold movers at one time? It seemed that G's and H's were popular with movers.

al. are you from up around the new hampshire way?

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

I saw another G-model this week in Keysville,Va. sitting on a lot where they sell used trucks and log trailers. I didn't get a picture because it caught me by surprise. It was bright yellow and appeared to be restored. Thought it was an IH cabover at first because it was in between some other trucks,then I saw the grill and thought it was an H-model and was surprised to see that it was a G when I got closer.Didn't know there were any around here.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I saw another G-model this week in Keysville,Va. sitting on a lot where they sell used trucks and log trailers. I didn't get a picture because it caught me by surprise. It was bright yellow and appeared to be restored. Thought it was an IH cabover at first because it was in between some other trucks,then I saw the grill and thought it was an H-model and was surprised to see that it was a G when I got closer.Didn't know there were any around here.

someday if you're back there with a camera you can get us a picture.

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

someday if you're back there with a camera you can get us a picture.

I will. It's sitting right on rt. 360. I even checked street view on google earth but it wasn't there. I passed by there about a month ago and didn't see it so it hasn't been there too long.

superdog. guess you and PZ1 are right. they are coming out of the woodwork.

this is where the unit was located-

Key Truck And Equipment, Inc. Key Truck And Equipment, Inc. Skip to Details

Average Rating

Be the first to review Actions

Send to MobileMap itEmail itGet DirectionsSave This Listing549 Kings Hwy

Keysville, VA 23947

(434) 736-8491

It sounds like the one that was at the show at Petersburg, VA. I saw it in 2008. Noone was ever around it. I left a card but never got a call.

I would imagine this was the same G-model i saw being towed by an RL-700 wrecker approx. 3 months ago in southwest va. was not able to contact the wrecker driver on the CB, but made note of the towing company, maybe i can get in contact with them, see what the story with it is. The truck i saw was also bright yellow, looked to be partially restored, it was coming from mcguire trucking in drakes branch, VA was northbound on route 360....i will see what i can find out, and post the results- mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I would imagine this was the same G-model i saw being towed by an RL-700 wrecker approx. 3 months ago in southwest va. was not able to contact the wrecker driver on the CB, but made note of the towing company, maybe i can get in contact with them, see what the story with it is. The truck i saw was also bright yellow, looked to be partially restored, it was coming from mcguire trucking in drakes branch, VA was northbound on route 360....i will see what i can find out, and post the results- mark

Ask some questions about the RL700 too. I kinda like those.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Ask some questions about the RL700 too. I kinda like those.

Rob

Will do, now just need to find my notebook with the info. the RL was a single axle, with a holmes sling-type body, so i would guess it is not used all that often, as most wreckers now are the "undereach" type, but i will look into it and see what i come up with- im a big fan of the RL-series as well..mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Mcguire trucking is right off of 360 on rt.15 south. They haul a lot of lumber and used to bring some loads back in for F.L.M. This truck was only a few miles up 360 from Mcguires. Got my interest up now,i'd ride over there today and take a look but I got to leave for Fremont, Oh. shortly.

Well, I took a ride over to Keysville today to look at that yellow G-model and get some pictures. It's only about an hour from here. I mean, it would have been if it had been there, but it was nowhere to be seen. Gone.

Well, I took a ride over to Keysville today to look at that yellow G-model and get some pictures. It's only about an hour from here. I mean, it would have been if it had been there, but it was nowhere to be seen. Gone.

thanks for trying ol' buddy :pat:

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

• 10 years later...