American Loggers

A few years from now someone will ask what happened to the titans..

One was totaled and replaced with a 2011 cat and Danny's was traded in on a 2013 cat

So much for all the hype (money) volvo spent on,,,,,,,,,,Mack is back,, or something like that at Pelletier's.

This is the end of this story ,,,,,Unless Im wrong

attachicon.gif20120828_631.jpg

attachicon.gifimgCAOXK571.jpg

Used 2010 MACK TITAN TD713; MP10 Volvo Engine 605 hp; 105,592 mi; 18 Spd; Diesel; Engine Brake; Hendrickson Suspension; Aluminum/Steel Wheels; 220 in Wheelbase; Tandem Axle; 14,000 lb Front Axle Weight; 46,000 lb Rear Axle Weight; Stk #: U043753; VIN #: 1M1BD02Y3AM001251; Drive Side: Left Hand Drive; US $89,000 ;

Detailed Description:

MOOSE BUMPER & OEM BUMPER, TIRES 85%;

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=4413399&dlr=1&pcid=2000702063

I've said once & i'll say it again the Mack Titan is a V%L#& VHD In Disguise . :(

Sad that the truck im named after has too much European ideas slammed into it for the American market for my taste.

@ least when Renault owned Mack they let Mack pretty much do their own thing .

:mack1:

• Like 1
  • Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I'm just north of Sault Ste. Marie. You know anything about this Superliner bobo? I see it down south all the time. That is one sweet

I know a bit about that truck........Condor float service

Company was started by the son of the owner of a dump truck company that I could start an entirerly different thread on. Condelo. They are hard core MAck guys!!!

That RW originally had an E9 in it but had alot of engine trouble with it. They pulled the E9 and installed a 3406B if I remember correctly.

I know the owner of the truck and would rather not name him.. Its been a year or so since I have spoke to him. He is a Huge Mack fan and his family even have a beutiful B model dump, DM's, RB's I have some nice pictures of the R float he first built. He found it too small for heavy float work he did. I think he may be quietly on this forum. The work they have done to all of their MAcks has been amazing for construction trucks. The keep their equipment top notch!

• 2 weeks later...

From the CAT websites looks like they are trying to get in the market where there is a shortage of trucks that was dominated by Mack. Think about it, why would CAT spend all that money on developing a specific truck line if they did not think they could take over a large share of that market, a void left by Volvo/Mack.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

the 15 liters never made it into the cat trucks before the project was killed so that truck likely has a 475 horse 13 liter yellow painted International engine in it.

You mean it has a Cat engine then, the Maxxforce 13/15 were Cat Acert engines with international designed massive egr systems. So really they were Cat engines painted blue.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Thankfully International has given up on the Maxxforce 13/15, they were wearing their warranty dept out, so now they're back to the ISX 13/15 I don't know how the new ones do on the road but the early ISX was a beast that had some success with reliability and power.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 1 month later...

You mean it has a Cat engine then, the Maxxforce 13/15 were Cat Acert engines with international designed massive egr systems. So really they were Cat engines painted blue.

You are part correct. The Maxx 13 is a MAN engine and the Maxx 15 is the C15 Cat block. Both failed miserably because of the mass egr.

Latest rumour is Cat is once again working on their own engine. I can't see it though....the new ctl loaders have Kubota motors in them and the new dpf equipped excavators have identical interiors, manufacturer decals and hydraulic shudder as the new Komatsu's. What is happening to Cat? Sad.

I know a bit about that truck........Condor float service

Company was started by the son of the owner of a dump truck company that I could start an entirerly different thread on. Condelo. They are hard core MAck guys!!!

That RW originally had an E9 in it but had alot of engine trouble with it. They pulled the E9 and installed a 3406B if I remember correctly.

I know the owner of the truck and would rather not name him.. Its been a year or so since I have spoke to him. He is a Huge Mack fan and his family even have a beutiful B model dump, DM's, RB's I have some nice pictures of the R float he first built. He found it too small for heavy float work he did. I think he may be quietly on this forum. The work they have done to all of their MAcks has been amazing for construction trucks. The keep their equipment top notch!

Thanks for the info. I'd like to see their other stuff because that Superliner is a beauty!

You are part correct. The Maxx 13 is a MAN engine and the Maxx 15 is the C15 Cat block. Both failed miserably because of the mass egr.

Latest rumour is Cat is once again working on their own engine. I can't see it though....the new ctl loaders have Kubota motors in them and the new dpf equipped excavators have identical interiors, manufacturer decals and hydraulic shudder as the new Komatsu's. What is happening to Cat? Sad.

I think what cat has done is they basically stood still and went backwards! as far as there engines go anyway! I think what they should have done 10 years ago is build a motor from the bottom up, and I don't think they did that. When I look at there Accert Motor, Ya know the one thats all apart on the floor of my garage with less then 450000 on it that exploded!!! It's a 3406! Was the 3406 a good motor years ago?? Yes it was and as much as I hate these new ones ,I do have a Mech. 3406 with about 800000 mi on it! They had a good engine years ago and just keep adding to it instead of just building a whole new motor like Detroit did during the Roger P days, thats just my opinion since I'm not a Cat guy

BULLHUSK

I think what cat has done is they basically stood still and went backwards! as far as there engines go anyway! I think what they should have done 10 years ago is build a motor from the bottom up, and I don't think they did that. When I look at there Accert Motor, Ya know the one thats all apart on the floor of my garage with less then 450000 on it that exploded!!! It's a 3406! Was the 3406 a good motor years ago?? Yes it was and as much as I hate these new ones ,I do have a Mech. 3406 with about 800000 mi on it! They had a good engine years ago and just keep adding to it instead of just building a whole new motor like Detroit did during the Roger P days, thats just my opinion since I'm not a Cat guy

BULLHUSK

Same can be said of Mack and the E7.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Thanks Roger for letting Detroit go to Europe. But head :bulldog3:

Before Detroit sold to DB I was in Detroit at there factory tour and the rumor was goin around about Penske selling, and they said that Detroit did not have the big money that they needed to keep up with the new emissions so they might have to sell or get out of the engine business!! I do not like our American co's sellin out, but what choice does the DEP give these company's today? Just look at Cat International (Maxforce) and Pacar's new motor? It looks to me like the only new motor out there doing well is the new Detroit's! I'm just happy as a clam at high tide that Volvo didn't get there hands on Detroit cause the Series 60 woulda went out with the babys bath water and we would be stuck with some MMMMM so somethin!! Is it not sad that these euro co's come over here and bleed our American companys dry and shut them down!! Terex, Fruehauf trailer just to name a few! these were great American companys! Today only one co in the US makes a freakin Bulldozer! Gone are IH, AC,Terex guess where they all went!! SAD BUT TRUE!!!

BULLHUSK

• Like 2

I've said once & i'll say it again the Mack Titan is a V%L#& VHD In Disguise . :(

Sad that the truck im named after has too much European ideas slammed into it for the American market for my taste.

@ least when Renault owned Mack they let Mack pretty much do their own thing .

:mack1:

AMEN BROTHER!!!! :twothumbsup:

the titan is not a vhd. they dont make a vhd with the 16 liter engine . i invite all the titan haters out there to come to 117 lincoln rd stamford vermont and drive one of ours its more truck than mack ever made sorry to burst your bubble. yes you can turn up a E9 mack to have tons of power but when you go down the mountain you might as well take a nap unless you ride your brakes down the hill where as the titan actually has a real engine brake.

I can say I have driven a Titan as well. Its a friggen beast. I've driven Super dogs and MH"s with E9's and the Titan is more power and more truck. That MP10/D16 is a monster with a plastic valve cover. I Love E9s, but until you drive a Titan (sitting way up there!!!) you really cant say you've experienced it. I was impressed, and do still have a love for Old Mack Tech powertrains like the E9/E7/E6

the titan is not a vhd. they dont make a vhd with the 16 liter engine . i invite all the titan haters out there to come to 117 lincoln rd stamford vermont and drive one of ours its more truck than mack ever made sorry to burst your bubble. yes you can turn up a E9 mack to have tons of power but when you go down the mountain you might as well take a nap unless you ride your brakes down the hill where as the titan actually has a real engine brake.

Why go that fast down a hill?
  • Like 1

I can say I have driven a Titan as well. Its a friggen beast. I've driven Super dogs and MH"s with E9's and the Titan is more power and more truck. That MP10/D16 is a monster with a plastic valve cover. I Love E9s, but until you drive a Titan (sitting way up there!!!) you really cant say you've experienced it. I was impressed, and do still have a love for Old Mack Tech powertrains like the E9/E7/E6

Ya think you'll be sittin in a Titan 25 to 30 years from now? We'll prob be haulin em to the scrap yard with our Superliners and R's an B's

BULLHUSK

• Like 1