Mpg

bbt

Typing in all caps creates more drag-lowers mileage...

Kidding..

Operating the truck at anything above curb idle significantly increases fuel consumption from my observations.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

hi boyko i have a cxn613 13 spd and 3.86 rears with an AC427 hp motor tractor otr with a 53 van. not the best fuel mileage from this yet, i get approx 6mpg average for the month. i do notice mpg has risen with outside temp rise. i usually drive about 63 mph. i will be interested to see what the pros say about mpg here as i feel this is an area that will be more relevant in the coming months. This also has a bearing on mack otr sales. i wonder how is the 2010 pinnacle doing mpg wise??. By the way i love my mack it is so much more solid than my old century, no comparison.

• 1 month later...

Hi I have a 2007 CHN with a 460 18 spd trans 370 rears on 22.5 rubber. I pull a 53 ft tri axle cattle liner grossing out at 101000 pounds average about 5.5 Forgot to mention I drive about 63 mph

I am driving a Granite with a 460 18 SP 2007 model.Flat ground pulling 80,000 to 86,000 getting about 4.5 MPG.Truck pulls good one time and some times like a 238 Detroit.No low end tourqe like the old Mack engines.

Operating the truck at anything above curb idle significantly increases fuel consumption from my observations.

Rob

Yes I'm still here. If my memory serves me correct, Rob should not be giving advice on anything fuel related as he forgets to put fuel in. Seriously though, start with the stupid stuff like air filters,clean injectors,and possibly a better exhaust. Anything that helps the engine breath will benefit. I have found out with my car that if it stays under 70mph the milage goes up a lot on the highway. it may be something that simple that gains a noticeable amount.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

HI I HAVE A MACK 460 VISION,THE MPG IS 4,5.DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW I CAN GET BETTER FUEL MILEAGE?

You should be able to do much better than that,i also run a 01' CX-613,E-7 460, i get considerably better mpg's but, the freight i haul is relatively lightweight. you did'nt mention what you haul,weight ,areas traveled etc. there are many things you can do to improve mpg, but as already stated, start with the basics.......mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

i was running produce from Philly to Brooklyn every day for a while and my fuel milage was right about in th mid 4's with all the stopping and going. now i run more into Pa or up into Mass and i do much better than that.

i was running produce from Philly to Brooklyn every day for a while and my fuel milage was right about in th mid 4's with all the stopping and going. now i run more into Pa or up into Mass and i do much better than that.

Hunts point? my dad ran produce out of vineland for years, was doing just that right before he passed......mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.