Who Is Gonna Make It To Lititz This Weekend?

Rob

I'll be there along with a couple of friends. Planning to meet at the Watt's Mack tent at noon. If it's not too cold, I'll be wearing my yellow leotard.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That seemed like a good idea, and I would like to meet you, until you mentioned you'll be wearing your yellow leotard, but now I need to think about it.

Dave

You should plan to make it anyways. I just want people to know where I am so they don't miss me. My exercise outfit serves the best purpose of identification since I'm so "common" in regular clothes. I wont be wearing my rose colored glasses though. Broke the frames when they were sat upon.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

yeah, ya might be there in wet leotards

I'll be sure to bring the "magic flap" that snaps on the backside. Wouldn't want to have cold cheeks ya know due to moisture.

Rob

We'll be there, rain or shine! We have a new 8 foot emblem display painted in interior green that should grab your attention! It's really impressive! B) Stop by our booth to check it out!

See ya Saturday! :D

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

I juat sprayed off the G and the KW from last weekends wet mess. I'm going to start taking stuff down tomorrow. First one is the most recent addition, 1969 International R-190 w/Holmes 750.

See you there, If you can be there Friday be sure to hang out for the Mack Brothers Clam Bake on Friday evening.

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

I'll be sure to bring the "magic flap" that snaps on the backside.

Rob

I was going to say something about the front side "magic flap", but remembered momma cut them off when you bought that last B model :( Besides, with the excessive "dunlap disease", most won't be able to see much anyway.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Jimmy and I are going to be in town around 5:00.

Didn't know about the clam bake - we'll try to check it out.

Otherwise I hope to meet up with everyone around noon at the Watt's tent.

Morgan - we are dropping the truck & trailer off at Gerhart's yard, and unloading

my Explorer so we have something to drive around in.

We're staying at the General Sutter Inn in Lititz.

See you there!

Paul Van Scott

Well guys it was a great dissapointment to all that myself, Morgan, and John had mechanical problems 32 miles into the state of PA stopping us cold. We were hauling Paul's new B-73 and a few parts, when a bearing froze on the left front spindle of the trailer destroying the complete assembly including the axle spindle. This coupled with the rain, cold, and total lack of any parts availability, put us at a standstill for the evening. We holed up in a Holiday Inn "Express", (Just like Freightrain would) for the night. Paul and Jimmy redirected their itinerary and met us at the Hotel for the evening. The next morning, (Saturday) we unloaded one trailer, loaded the other, and after checking the weather reports and finding Lititz receiving the rain we had driven through all night prior, we headed for home with the trailer tires removed, axle chained up, and clear skies.

Arriving back at Morgan's house around 5:30pm, I packed up my things, loaded some minor items into my pickup, and headed home on the 5.5 hour trip through driving rain, (again) arriving home right at 11:10 pm, (CST) so it was a long day.

All in all a dissapointment due to equipment failure, but an absolute honor to meet some nice people and share the pain. The primary mission was accomplished with the parts deliveries taking place, just the show visit was short changed. There is next year and the timeframes are already reserved.

My yellow leotard remains fresh pressed as does my ruffled Tu Tu. I'll have them both with me next year.

Rob

post-78-12546673687271_thumb.jpg

post-78-12546673829802_thumb.jpg

post-78-12546674307358_thumb.jpg

Rob,

Sorry you did not make it to Lititz, but you get a gold star for the attempt. Not to mention another story to tell. The weatherman was telling stories,too because all the rain cleared out overnight on Friday and we had beautiful sunshine the rest of the weekend. My F-model didn't make the show due to various minor mechanical issues, but I was there with my CX Vision. Perhaps my greatest disappointment was missing you. I was looking forward to meeting you, friend.

Rob,

Sorry you did not make it to Lititz, but you get a gold star for the attempt. Not to mention another story to tell. The weatherman was telling stories,too because all the rain cleared out overnight on Friday and we had beautiful sunshine the rest of the weekend. My F-model didn't make the show due to various minor mechanical issues, but I was there with my CX Vision. Perhaps my greatest disappointment was missing you. I was looking forward to meeting you, friend.

The legend continues...getting more mysterious and legendary all the time.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Rob,

I really appreciate the support as do all in our "traveling" party. There was a lot of planning, loading, and scheduling involved, and I too was really looking forward to meeting so many of this board's participants. We debated heavily on dropping the trailer in the parking lot of the hotel and making the trek up to Lititz, but there was no confusing the weathermans' report about the rain. I'm really surprised to learn otherwise.

We plan to do it again next year so hope is not lost. This was a bad break that could have happened to anybody.

Nobody was hurt, and the parts were delivered so all was not lost.

Thanks again,

Rob

Well, glad to see you made it safe/sound, even with the slight problem. Like I say...."coulda been alot worse".

I could see it now.......a whole fleet of trucks lined up in my driveway...waiting to stay at the "Freightrain Inn Express".

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I just feel terrible about the whole thing.. That trailer has been all over gods creation and never a minutes problem. I guess it was its day to go. There was greese everywhere, so I don't think it was a lack of lubrication. I packed the bearings right before I went to Portland Or. to get the Peterbilt about year and a half ago. Lets do the math... 1 crappy china made bearing + no parts availability= 5 disappointed truck collectors.......

B-61fred

I did have a good time chatting with everyone and visiting with Paul,Jimmy, and Rob. Next year the pizza is on me!!

15 gears...no waiting!

There is not a thing in the world to feel bad about. As they say: "Shit Happens". We all lived to tell the story. No harm, no foul. We all share the dissapointment but look forward to next years trip.

We are splitting the pizza next year!!

Rob