Greetings From Sheboygan, Wi:

I made it up here for a training class at the Kohler generator factory starting tomorrow. Gonna stop by Herb's place on Thursday as he's been saving me up some quality "road scrapes" for the cafe. Thinking about a new "twist" to the nuclear chilli, or "Road Stew".

You know it's gonna be good.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I made it up here for a training class at the Kohler generator factory starting tomorrow. Gonna stop by Herb's place on Thursday as he's been saving me up some quality "road scrapes" for the cafe. Thinking about a new "twist" to the nuclear chilli, or "Road Stew".

You know it's gonna be good.

Rob

I like Kohler engines, they rank right up there with Mack, got one on my 0-turn grasshopper lawnchopper, all it needs now is a triplex and a stack. Have a good time and learn a lot,,,randy

Rob. love that part of WI. been up at the race track 3 times this year already.. not sure what way you go back home but you will be passing near my place. Im 20 miles west of I94, 10 miles south of the IL WI line. Rt 12 and 120 if you look at a map. I might have friday off of work so feel free to call me if I can buy you lunch.

Trent

I don't get to Sheboygan very often.

Last time I was there was about a year ago when I moved a machine out by that power plant with the big stacks on the shore of Lake Michigan.

Nice area down that way though.

Used to be a real good Mack dealer there, Karstaedts Garage, but it closed up about 20 years ago.

Rob, I've got a whole freezer full of them there "scrapin's", and since there's no more room in the freezer I even got some piled up out in the back yard. I think it'll keep til ya get here, startin' to smell pretty ripe now.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I don't get to Sheboygan very often.

Last time I was there was about a year ago when I moved a machine out by that power plant with the big stacks on the shore of Lake Michigan.

Nice area down that way though.

Used to be a real good Mack dealer there, Karstaedts Garage, but it closed up about 20 years ago.

Rob, I've got a whole freezer full of them there "scrapin's", and since there's no more room in the freezer I even got some piled up out in the back yard. I think it'll keep til ya get here, startin' to smell pretty ripe now.

Herb,

If I was near the area, I would bring the Buttermilk, Sardines, White Onion, Chitlins, and Green Olives. That should help the cause. We have a cleanup lady here at our building that I named those delicacies after. Called a number 7 Vella special. After Vella Wilson she's called.......special recipe. :blink:

Try not to give Rob anything that would mess up his diet. :D

EAT HARDY!!

mike

Herb,

If I was near the area, I would bring the Buttermilk, Sardines, White Onion, Chitlins, and Green Olives. That should help the cause. We have a cleanup lady here at our building that I named those delicacies after. Called a number 7 Vella special. After Vella Wilson she's called.......special recipe. :blink:

Try not to give Rob anything that would mess up his diet. :D

EAT HARDY!!

mike

I don't get no Chitlins around the house no more. They give me gas. That in itself is not all that bad, but Momma would always get pissed off at me before the night would be over. Especially when I give her a late night "Dutch Oven".

She really DOES NOT like that.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob. love that part of WI. been up at the race track 3 times this year already.. not sure what way you go back home but you will be passing near my place. Im 20 miles west of I94, 10 miles south of the IL WI line. Rt 12 and 120 if you look at a map. I might have friday off of work so feel free to call me if I can buy you lunch.

Trent

Hi Trent, won't need to be buying no lunch. This morning on the way to class I spotted a fresh squish of some small animal in the center lane of I-43 and just had to stop and "scrape it up". Had a bit of newsprint in the front floorboard and wrapped the carcass securely, then threw it into the trunk for some transportation to the generator school cafeteria cause I left my portable grill at home. Didn't have no condiments anyways. During lecture I splained to the teacher that I had a special treat for the class but needed a blender, microwave, and some used 15W-40 diesel engine oil; I was let out of class to "work my magic" for a lunch break treat.

I went out to the trunk and retrieved the delicacy that had been provided to nourish our bodies, shaved and pulled off the remaining hair with particulate matter from the flesh, doused it in electrical cleaning solvent to eliminate the possibility of any kind of germs, then into the blender it went with just the correct amount of oil. Of course with the blender selection set to "chop", suspicion, and interest was raised, but I quickly selected "puree'" to speed up the process. (I cannot reveal my secret recipe). After a few seconds of this, I was able to locate a drain pan to nuke the sauce in the microwave oven. After the taste of perfection was acheived, I grabbed the ordinary, drab, and boring entres' of beef and cheese platters provided by the school, basted them with my special recipe using a parts washing brush from the aqueous parts washer for a beautiful luster, then back into the microwave for 10 minutes till a wonderful golden brown color was obtained. (I admit that a little more butter would have been a proper enhancement).

A wonderful yet delicious, and nutritious meal was enjoyed by all.

I've got some leftovers and plan to bring them along so we won't have to purchase anything except maybe something to drink.

Besides that, with the haulage scheduled from Herb's place, if we run low, I'll make more!

Rob

Don't sweat it, Rob.

I can make arrangements with the boss to get plenty more 15w40 "cooking oil" if need be.

We've got "fresh" 15w40, for that "golden brown" look, and also "used" 15w40 for that "blackened" look.

How about we try some 75-90 synthetic gear lube - might be less cholesterol and calories.

lol.

Rob, can ya gits me a jenerater that'll keep my lites on durin the power outin in the wintur munths? Dat wuuld be grate uf you!! B) I can git ya about 10 dollurs now an anuther 10 in a munth or so.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Rob, can ya gits me a jenerater that'll keep my lites on durin the power outin in the wintur munths? Dat wuuld be grate uf you!! B) I can git ya about 10 dollurs now an anuther 10 in a munth or so.

If all you want to do is keep the lights on in the winter time I can convert your alternator on the A30 to produce 12vac power with the flip of a switch, then go back to producing 12vdc again by flipping the switch back.

If you have at least a 65 amp "Delcotron" it will work fine. Incadescent lamps are purely a resistive load and the frequency does not matter for their operation, voltage does and this can be regulated easily.

Rob

Two of three days down in the training. One more full one to go. Plan to leave school right at 4:00pm and drive to Herb's place. I'm not gonna eat tomorrow as to be sure I can savor the regional delicacies that have been afforded me.

I've got a 20 gallon kettle of special sauce brewing right now, so we should be "good to go".

Rob

If all you want to do is keep the lights on in the winter time I can convert your alternator on the A30 to produce 12vac power with the flip of a switch, then go back to producing 12vdc again by flipping the switch back.

If you have at least a 65 amp "Delcotron" it will work fine. Incadescent lamps are purely a resistive load and the frequency does not matter for their operation, voltage does and this can be regulated easily.

Rob

The back of my Leece-Neville has 3 AC posts. Does that help?

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

The back of my Leece-Neville has 3 AC posts. Does that help?

Actually they would. They are posts before the rectifier so the conversion would be simplified and external. I'll see if I can locate my print next week and send it over to you. The conversion is easily done.

Getting in the car, headed to Herb's in a couple of minutes.

Herb; Start the grille, I've got the sauce.

Rob

Trent

I took a load of kyanite to a place on rt. 12 many years ago. Don't remember the name of the place, but it was just south of the Wisconsin line. Close enough to throw a rock into Wisconsin I think. And close enough to throw a rock to the weigh station that I didn't know was there. They nabbed me before I delivered. The weight limit was still 73,280 in Illinois then.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Just got back from Herb's place and had a nice visit/tour. Also picked up the merchandise, (what a SCORE) I went for and as an added bonus, grabbed some small impacted critter from along side the median, coat hangered him to the exhaust pipe and drove 70mph back down I-43 for the 52 miles I had left to the trip.

I'm letting him cool down a bit now as the guy is just a little too hot to munch right now.

Herb, the sauce makes a very nice honey glazed look. I'll let you know how it tastes in a bit.

Rob

Made it home just a few minutes ago. Left Sheboygan at 8:30 central, and just got here so you don't have to worry about me.......

Rob

I don't get no Chitlins around the house no more. They give me gas. That in itself is not all that bad, but Momma would always get pissed off at me before the night would be over. Especially when I give her a late night "Dutch Oven".

She really DOES NOT like that.

Rob

I remember my grandfather cleaning and cooking chitterlings when I was a kid. They smelled so bad cooking I didn't want any parts of them. I've heard a lot of people say they're delicious-LOTS of people- but i'll agree with my late best friend David Elder, who always said "there's too much good meat on a hog to be eating the guts and the brain".

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Made it home just a few minutes ago. Left Sheboygan at 8:30 central, and just got here so you don't have to worry about me.......

Rob

Glad you made it home safe & sound Rob.

Those "slabs" of flattened roadkill you dropped off here were delicious when I cooked them up last night.

Tried a new sauce on 'em: used 85w90 gear lube that was drained from a differential with a high iron content.

It was awesome! The metal shavings in the oil gave the roadkill a "metallic" appearance!

Tasted great, and I won't need to take my "iron supplement" pills anymore!

lol.

Glad you made it home safe & sound Rob.

Those "slabs" of flattened roadkill you dropped off here were delicious when I cooked them up last night.

Tried a new sauce on 'em: used 85w90 gear lube that was drained from a differential with a high iron content.

It was awesome! The metal shavings in the oil gave the roadkill a "metallic" appearance!

Tasted great, and I won't need to take my "iron supplement" pills anymore!

lol.

I've still got my bottle in the trunk. Me an Momma gonna check into it later this evening over feline spare ribs.

Appreciate you "simmering" the recipe down for me, saves a bit of time.

Rob