B Model Interior Color

I took a piece of the door off and went to my local PPg refinish center and they were able to come up with a color that is dead on it!

i'm in that process of matching interior paint now too. i havent had much luck finding a paint code from mack that my paint mixer could match with his info. so i took a trim piece in to match. would be nice to have paint code from ppg or dupont or somewhere.

i'm in that process of matching interior paint now too. i havent had much luck finding a paint code from mack that my paint mixer could match with his info. so i took a trim piece in to match. would be nice to have paint code from ppg or dupont or somewhere.

Here are the numbers off the can I bought.Delfleet Mid Tier Oem code10340 PPG Green Metallic. I have seen enough B models to know this. :chili::chili::chili: There is more than one shade of green Paint

post-1685-1242756822_thumb.jpg

Here are the numbers off the can I bought.Delfleet Mid Tier Oem code10340 PPG Green Metallic. I have seen enough B models to know this. :chili::chili::chili: There is more than one shade of green Paint

i wondered about different shades since this color ran so many years. i should be getting paint this week. i dont know what manufacturer my paint guy is getting yet though for the interior. sounds like i made a good choice to just match a panel.

It's not going to matter much unless you all are going to truck shows and be judged by the best of the best trucks. They will make you feel right at home by using the ( WHITE GLOVE ) method on your truck and count off on cleanliness and if you have the correct bolts etc. etc. and the right shade of paint for the right year of truck. And I should mention that they will use judges that have been judging trucks for years. You will go home feeling great about your $100, 000.00 dollar plus truck. And just think about that BIG trophy that cost them $30.00 dollars at the trophy house to buy for you to go home and collect dust on it and the ole lady gets to dust it off for you. I've been there done that and the twenty or so I have, have not seen daylight since 1989 from still in the moving boxes packed away in my basement. It's just like sex.....feels good for the moment and it's gone and ya can't wait to do it again.

So go and spend some money.....they ( Mafia American Business) need it worse than you do.

Good Day and Happy Motoring

mike :D

It's not going to matter much unless you all are going to truck shows and be judged by the best of the best trucks. They will make you feel right at home by using the ( WHITE GLOVE ) method on your truck and count off on cleanliness and if you have the correct bolts etc. etc. and the right shade of paint for the right year of truck. And I should mention that they will use judges that have been judging trucks for years. You will go home feeling great about your $100, 000.00 dollar plus truck. And just think about that BIG trophy that cost them $30.00 dollars at the trophy house to buy for you to go home and collect dust on it and the ole lady gets to dust it off for you. I've been there done that and the twenty or so I have, have not seen daylight since 1989 from still in the moving boxes packed away in my basement. It's just like sex.....feels good for the moment and it's gone and ya can't wait to do it again.

So go and spend some money.....they ( Mafia American Business) need it worse than you do.

since i am just a contractor attempting my first restoration i dont think i will be entering any judging shows. i do find all this information very helpful in getting the truck to the condition that i envision though. it will make a great parade truck for years to come as i live in a rural area. most all the neighboring towns have some type of celebration in the summer with a parade incorporated in it. this will give me a lot of oppurtunity to get the truck out and enjoy it. :banana:

Go to your :mack1: dealer and get a close shade of green and re-do the whole inside. It will match then :D My truck is not a show piece, by any stretch. She looks good and I use it. It is what some people call "parade quality" or "calender quality". I have a green dashboard, black wood floor, grey leather bench seat, red on the firewall, and two-tone maroon exterior with silver running boards. The frame has cheap, store brand, black spray paint on it. The exhaust parts that aren't chrome are high temp silver. So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, go for it!!! :banana::banana::banana: enjoy your truck! I drive my truck because I don't think it should be in a jar on the shelf. I like other people to see my truck. The look on little boys faces and the tears in the old-timers eyes is all the satisfaction I need.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

I like the idea of just paint it whatever color looks good to you. I painted the floor rustoleum green. You won't see it anyway. I thought they might all have been the same color inside, and wanted mine "right". I think I'll just take a pannel down and match up something close. I'm not looking to win a trophey with the truck, I just want it to look decent while I'm working it.

Sounds like a plan to me!

Bob

at's a good ' ern Mike-like Rob (one of the greatest living Americans) says, only one that really matters is you- the owner. Long as you're happy, don't worry about what anybody else thinks..

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Go to your :mack1: dealer and get a close shade of green and re-do the whole inside. It will match then :D My truck is not a show piece, by any stretch. She looks good and I use it. It is what some people call "parade quality" or "calender quality". I have a green dashboard, black wood floor, grey leather bench seat, red on the firewall, and two-tone maroon exterior with silver running boards. The frame has cheap, store brand, black spray paint on it. The exhaust parts that aren't chrome are high temp silver. So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, go for it!!! :banana::banana::banana: enjoy your truck! I drive my truck because I don't think it should be in a jar on the shelf. I like other people to see my truck. The look on little boys faces and the tears in the old-timers eyes is all the satisfaction I need.

Amen brother!..(Bulldogman)

Yes it could be done on a "B". How cool would that be, maybe a bulldog image, or a pic of your truck in your truck! Just one issue, how deep is your wallet? Not my thing though. First time I jumped in there with muddy boots,............... :unsure: Looks good, practicallity is nill.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep this discussion going -

Almost all of the green B Mack interiors are a metallic paint - but apparently not all.

I was looking at a group of trucks this week, and found a B-7--with a flat, non-metallic

green interior paint. It certainly appeared original, with no sign of repaint inside anywhere.

Kind of a grayish, light green color that I thought looked a lot better than the metallic

green that is in so many of the old Macks.

I know the early R models had a non-metallic green paint inside, and this looked much the same.

I don't know what year the B-7-- is, but I suppose it could be a late production B model.

Anyway - I found it interesting that this particular green was so different from any I've seen.

Paul Van Scott

Almost all of the green B Mack interiors are a metallic paint - but apparently not all.

I was looking at a group of trucks this week, and found a B-7--with a flat, non-metallic

green interior paint. It certainly appeared original, with no sign of repaint inside anywhere.

Kind of a grayish, light green color that I thought looked a lot better than the metallic

I know the early R models had a non-metallic green paint inside, and this looked much the same.

I don't know what year the B-7-- is, but I suppose it could be a late production B model.

Anyway - I found it interesting that this particular green was so different from any I've seen.

Paul Van Scott

Hi Paul,

With all due respect........I know that some customers had their B's painted before they recieved them. Some businesses had them painted the color of their businesses, inside and outside. This is a possibility of the different color also.

mike

I've seen ,worked on and painted a lot of B-Models over the years and its seems to me that most of the ones built before 1960 or so we about the same color, green metalic. Around 1960 or so some of them were really more metalic than other and seemed to lose some of the green tint, more grayish green. Definately around 1962ish most b-models i have seen lost the metalic all together and were just a shade of light green. Even one 1964 that i have seems to have been more metalic originally but appears that Mack repainted the inside of the cab because of a blemish or something as it is factory paint over factory paint and the new color is much darker and greener than original. Like everyone else has said it is hard to pick out the 'right' color as they were built over so many years and also the color and metalic has a lot to do with the air pressure that was used, same with new paints, you can use a different air pressure even a few poounds and get a totally different color or one with more metalic than another using the same paint code, Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

For what it's worth - I have two very early R-600 Macks, and the

non-metallic greyish green in the B-7-- I looked at matches that R cab

color perfectly.

Thanks for backing me up Matt, I didn't think my eyes had gotten

that bad!

Mike, I know some trucks were custom painted by the factory, but this

color seems too "run of the mill" to be ordered as an extra cost "custom".

And it does seem that the late series of B models do have a mix of different

interior paints from one truck to the next.

As said here earlier -

Probably best to take a small interior piece, that has not been exposed to the sun,

to the paint vendor for exact color matching.

Paul Van Scott

Paul Van Scott

...and you didn't take any pictures? :unsure: