Front hub pilot conversion !

nice looking set up ; hopefully BMT will be honored to see pictures of complete unit. RD ?? .  guessing older unit not having rear fender seams. which i call a 3 piece hood. later hoods had a seam rear fender section , 

Yes 88 RD688S Yup they stick out even further than the Dayton's did I got a little to aggressive with the offset but I own it now at $800 per wheel, it sure does look cool from the front I must say... Unfortunately they don't make flares for these ancient dogs anymore so yup she's gonna get filthy !

Hubpilot2.jpg.3f892b7e6c198f687aba96ef2f765aaa.jpg

3 hours ago, Fastduramax said:

Yes 88 RD688S Yup they stick out even further than the Dayton's did I got a little to aggressive with the offset but I own it now at $800 per wheel, it sure does look cool from the front I must say... Unfortunately they don't make flares for these ancient dogs anymore so yup she's gonna get filthy !

Hubpilot2.jpg.3f892b7e6c198f687aba96ef2f765aaa.jpg

not to add to the "list" I'm sure like most of us ,you have ; a roll/strip of universal fender extension or possibly  Mack= DM or newer  would work. glass in few lite  metal angle iron pieces on inner fender  which can mount rubber extensions.??  don't want the poor bulldog on mirrors getting dirty/muddy from tires. 

1 minute ago, Mark T said:

IDk if it's still available, but there used to be universal fender extentions made of rubber like material.  Thet didn't look too bad.

you were faster then me writing LOL . I don't know all the new model designations. after  R's/ DM's etc rest are too new for me. must still have some that would flex enough to fit while looking like the truck=classy. extensions not only practical but look nice. 

These Aussie Superliners have the fibreglass fender flares, that are made/available for the R model like your Mack. However gauging from your photo maybe the wheels stick out further than the flares extension. Worth a consideration.

180881039_10222239193822125_188664554061043225_n.jpg

267716230_443126370544133_8425186673061027829_n.jpg

Those are freakin sweet but I have never seen fiberglass molded flares for a RD and my parts dude said what is offered is a roll of that ugly rubber shit $425 for a 15 foot roll from Mack, PAI online 10 foot rolls for $127 per, here is the part number for anyone interested… 24RU2705F

1 hour ago, Fastduramax said:

Those are freakin sweet but I have never seen fiberglass molded flares for a RD and my parts dude said what is offered is a roll of that ugly rubber shit $425 for a 15 foot roll from Mack, PAI online 10 foot rolls for $127 per, here is the part number for anyone interested… 24RU2705F

I have those fiberglass flairs on my RW and they where from AU.  I have the 425 floats on the front. This as like 10 years ago the cost was approx $400 for the flairs and $650 for the UPS shipping. So if you want them plan on over double that cost today.

You can use the existing jam nut and cotter pin or you can modernize as I did, Stemco makes a beautiful spindle nut with an internal lock ring for precise bearing adjustment, excellent set up…

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 2:10 PM, Fastduramax said:

You can use the existing jam nut and cotter pin or you can modernize as I did, Stemco makes a beautiful spindle nut with an internal lock ring for precise bearing adjustment, excellent set up…

Where did you get the stemco unit? 

Edited by Mackman87