Memorial day

Roads here are full of brain dead idjiots going down da shaw....already, and it is only 12:30. Parkway and rt 9 bridge over Raritan river in jersey are at a dead stop.took me 45 minutes to go 1/2 mile. And at least 50 cars followed me as I got off to cut through town on my way home.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

3 hours ago, tjc transport said:

Roads here are full of brain dead idjiots going down da shaw....already, and it is only 12:30. Parkway and rt 9 bridge over Raritan river in jersey are at a dead stop.took me 45 minutes to go 1/2 mile. And at least 50 cars followed me as I got off to cut through town on my way home.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Nu Joisey!!!!!

• Like 1

Brocky

3 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

We must never squander our freedoms no matter what country we are from

Paul you are correct in your post. The info l mentioned was from this video lll include here. l was Very impressed with the early morning ceremony at the Australian War Memorial.    .....Hippy 

https://www.awm.gov.au/commemoration/anzac-day

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

THANK YOU and to all those  taking the time to remember. I won't ever receive a flag at my tombstone , but always take the time while at the Cemetaries to straighten any and ALL flags touching the ground. Never let Old Glory touch the ground OR wave at night without a lite shining on Her.

dont forget johnny cash and the old flag,,,,,excellant,,,bob

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Hippy thats exactly what it is, it's the day both our countries first fought together as our own countries

It was a terrible mess that we never did any good at

We lost a huge amount of troups in a very short time, both countries have never forgotten 

The looney left are trying their best to change this but the ANZAC day parades are just getting bigger and bigger, the young generation have really embraced this

School kids raise money to fund trips to Turkey to be on the beach were the troops landed, it is a big thing to Australia and NewZealand 

Anyway not worry it is memorial day in the U.S. and we all must remember the price people there have paid for our freedoms that we now take for granted

We must never squander our freedoms no matter what country we are from

Paul

same shit here,,paul,,,,seems most of the focus,,is on transgenders,and illegal aliens   make sure thier all happy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HarryS said:

I will have the honor to drive three WW II veterans in the parade on Monday in DC. This will be the fifth time doing this. There are thirteen veterans from around the country, that number is down from about 25 in 2018. Our group is also having a hard time finding pre war cars. There are only four this year. Mine's a 1941 Cadillac Limo. It is so interesting to listen to those guys when they meet and talk about where they were and their shared experiences. It's a twelve block trip and takes about half an hour.

41aacamuseum.png

can't think of many other honorable opportunities that would top that, sadly as you wrote the numbers of survivors is slowly dwindling down. three of my uncles were in WWII.  two never talked of their experiences. one was involved at battle of the bulge ; survived being a P O W, received the PURPLE HEART . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mechohaulic said:

now I would disagree with that statement. You are NOT "an old Soul born in wrong era"  You are a young soul born in wrong era.  US ole folk are the "old Souls "living in the wrong era. when we were young souls it was the right era  You are a young soul who would have had a better time in the old soul  era, LOL

That's what I'm talking about....My Grandpa always said that I should've  been my age back in the old days when he was younger etc. According to one online test I took awhile back I should be in my Seventies right now lol....

• Like 1
  • Like 1