Chev C60

Speaking of diesels, they built a few with Toroflows in '73 and '74.  I have NEVER seen one, but I have seen a few with the GMC gas V-6.  Around 1986 they built a few with Deere diesels and even some with 6 cylinder air cooled Duetz diesels.

• Like 2

before the save the eco of the world got started; it's interesting and enjoyable to see the old pictures of trucks and compare the many differences. flat fronts/ heavy steel bumpers and heck of a lot more. take  a C50/60 (random pick to stay on topic ) . completely disassemble into two piles = one of steel other pile of the plastic:: now take a compatible/ similar truck of today and do the same = one pile steel other pile plastic,, think there will be a noticeable difference?? LOL. plastic hood , engine parts/ enough computer wiring to build 3 or more C50/60's. wiring harnesses. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

FB_IMG_1711391107531.thumb.jpg.97cae955ec45bed7aee3a74fa08486cb.jpg

From Facelessbook, so it's gotta be real

Paul

There was a point in time during the mid-80's that Detroit Diesel was talking to Deere about forming a joint venture.  Deere was involved with the development of the 60 Series and Detroit was looking to market the mid-range Deere diesels as highway engines.  From what I understood at the time things were going well between Detroit and Deere until Roger Penske made GM an offer for Detroit Diesel that GM couldn't refuse.  And that was that.

BTW, Paul, were Chevy medium duties common in Australia in the 70's and 80's?

1 hour ago, RoadwayR said:

There was a point in time during the mid-80's that Detroit Diesel was talking to Deere about forming a joint venture.  Deere was involved with the development of the 60 Series and Detroit was looking to market the mid-range Deere diesels as highway engines.  From what I understood at the time things were going well between Detroit and Deere until Roger Penske made GM an offer for Detroit Diesel that GM couldn't refuse.  And that was that.

BTW, Paul, were Chevy medium duties common in Australia in the 70's and 80's?

no mate, they sold well to begin with but the Japanese Isuzu was the beginning of the end 

I know of people that bought them new in the 70's and had and used them up until their death in the early 2000's

They were okay for what they were 

Paul

• Like 1

thumbnail.thumb.png.0bce5651e42ae70b753379cd38de479b.pngi completely forgot i was driving one of these back in the  back in the 70s part time hauling crushed cars from beverly auto wrecking to some iron yard,,too long ago to remember,,but i do remember i thought it was a pretty cool ride,,,straight flat bed...bob

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tenfive0 said:

New to me 1990 GMC 7000 with a plastic Chevy tilt nose. Allison AT545 and 366 Big Block, 49,650 original miles.

Perfect, Perfect, Just put the skid steer on the trailer. And then lll have just the spot to park it here in NH for the next week or so! Operators' complimentary room and board is available. lol   Nice size truck to tow and load with the two machines you have.    .....Hippy

• Like 1