Happy St. Patrick's Day laddies

70mackMB

I think you put this in a wrong area, but I am the same way the highways around here and nothing but drag strips. They’re no fun at all…. with triple trailers a lot of times on better off on  straight road if I get swingers, but I have had them on back roads to get around accidents And yes, just like you said you’re usually the only one out there nobody behind you makes it nice ,, without some pushy jackass all over you trying to get around as quick as they can first chance  they get. Happy Saturday. 

I can and used to celebrate St. Patrick's day years ago but that was my anniversary date with the ex-wife until I got rid of her. I then found my current angel and 45 years later we still don't recognize March 17.

We actually had our St Patricks day dinner yesterday since the wife was off. I got a 3.5# flat cut of corned beef, 4# of those little red potatoes, 2# of baby carrots, and a sweet onion & tossed it all in the crock pot before heading outside to work on the F250. Around 5:30, a guy comes walking up the driveway. Apparently, they're moving from Indiana over to Missouri and his wife's car lost power steering. He was driving the moving truck. He was seeking some power steering fluid, so I filled up a quart jug & handed it to him inquiring what was wrong...because if it was leaking that bad, they'd be right back where they are before they made it out of town. They'd had some work done on the radiator, and apparently they didn't secure a line (turned out to be the cooler), so it had come loose & dragged.on the ground. I gave him a piece of hose and some clamps to try to patch it based upon what he'd told me & sent him on his way.

7:00 our dinner is almost done so I'm cleaning up & notice he's still over there...so I jump in the Ranger and go check on them. Turns out the hole was on the bend in the end of the cooler, so the patch I'd thought would work wasn't going to work. I got to looking at it and decided by removing a couple hose clamps I could remove the cooler, then use some hose barbs to loop in a short section of hose to complete the circuit. They only had 30 or so miles to go, so it'd get them there. Anyway, when I got back home, I discovered the family had decided to eat without me. So much for enjoying a family dinner.🤦‍♂️

Worst part of the story, though, is when I got back after helping them and was putting tools away out of the back of the Ranger, I found the steel backing plate that was SUPPOSED to be between the water pump & timing cover. Oops. Guess I get to pull it apart again. I had THOUGHT all I had left to do was put the radiator back in, attach the fan, install the new upper & lower hoses and fill 'er up. Guess now I get to remove the accessory brackets (again) so I can pull the water pump off (again) and put that plate in there. Luckily I don't have to pull the timing cover off this time...THAT was a real b¡t©h to get on with all of the gaskets & seals trying to shift out of place while I was getting it put in. HOPEFULLY that won't leak...we'll find out when I eventually get to fill 'er up, I guess.

Tonight we're having pizza.🤷‍♂️

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

On 3/16/2024 at 11:24 PM, RowdyRebel said:

unless they're just straightened out to remove all of the bends, twists, turns, and hills to provide a more direct route...but then they'd just be straight, flat, and boring. I like the narrow little hilly twisty curvey fun roads. 

You best not come to Australia then, it is mainly straight flat and very same same

Sometimes little changes for hours

Anyway hope you all had a good one

Paul

• Like 1

Yep agree with Paul,

but they do throw the occasional floodway or S bend in to mix it up after you've settled in for the first couple of hours of dead straight, flat, not much to look at driving. 

Unless the natives are moving about, then you gotta try and keep them off the bullbar.

Paul, Our bus trip from Cairns to Townsville, vie Lake Tineroo, sure did go up over and back down some crooked hilly roads!!! 

Edited by Brocky
  • Like 1

Brocky

Sounds like this time I went riding with a bunch of flatlanders upstate. I was giving them a hard time about being crazy & reckless because they were riding wheelies up past 100 mph. Later on in the day, we were cruising along when one guy gunned it...so we all took off. All of a sudden, everybody else (except me) got on the binders hard...I held that throttle wide open and zipped through the approaching S-curve. Next time we stopped, they were ribbing me for giving them a hard time for riding their wheelies when I'm the one taking 70 mph curves at 130 mph. I told 'em "Looked like a 130 mph curve to me!"😂

Apparently, that's the only curves they have around there. Personally, I couldn't live like that.🤷‍♂️

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

We do have some windy twisty bits .. 1.1/2 hour drive North East of Melboure

Better known As Maroondah hwy travelling the Black Spur

heresa clip I did in the Kenworth 1/2 truck rturning from the Alexandra Truck Sho 2017

cya

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Swishy, Thank You!!! That looks a lot like whatever road our bus was on coming southwest out of Cairns up into the tableland. With some very pretty waterfalls, the fig tree with a boardwalk around it,  and good dairy farming country. 

Austrialan-Trip-702.jpg

Austrialan-Trip-724.jpg

Austrialan-Trip-714.jpg

Austrialan-Trip-735.jpg

Brocky

Only bendy bits are really along the Great Dividing Ranges that go from the tip of Cape York to South Australia 

Yr7_Geography_Water_7-1200w.thumb.jpg.45797c8e0d5b9d163bf952fb591e32d6.jpg

I guess it is the Australian equivalent of the Rocky Mountains 

The rest of this wide brown land is predominantly very flat and same same

Not uncommon to travel 10 miles without a single bend

Some roads are 60 miles or more with out so much as a bend 

So yes we are flat, infact we are the flattest country on earth and have areas were theres not a single tree as far as you can see and you can see the curvature of the earth, don't tell a flat earther this, their head will explode

• Like 2