2003 MR688S rollover cab swap

• 3 weeks later...

Replacement cab is white now to match the other trucks.

Pretty sure the wagon is from the 1800s. Don't really have any knowledge of its history, not sure if it has a tag plate on it somewhere. I'll have to inquire with my dad.

• Like 1

"It was made in Pleasant Corners, Near New Tripoli, PA. Under the paint you can just make out "Sand Springs Roller Mill." I bartered for it from John Greenall. I forget the name of his farm. He was a participant with us in the Liberty Bell Trek in 1976. It is as close as I could find to what was probably used by Hartzel's between 1860 and 1930." - from my Dad. 

Our business has been around since 1860, used to be lumber yard and a feed mill. This wagon is definitely not fiberglass, it's very much made of wood. Wheels, spokes, hubs... All wood. 

• Like 1

I'm contemplating dusting it off, hiring a team of horses and putting it in the Chalfont parade one of these years. 2 of the wheels are in the bed of the wagon so the forklift can set it onto the top of the shelf.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Doors and misc. parts primed painted and curing in the booth, garage set to 70°F for the night.  I'll give the parts a couple days to cure and work on other tasks in the meantime.

KIMG1893.JPG

• Like 2