Mack pickup truck?

Dirtymilkman

• 1 month later...

Don’t really care for it it’s too futuristic looking although they did a good job designing it it’s just not necessarily my cup of tea I guess I basically just don’t care for the grill. I like the rest of it especially the roof lights…. Exhaust? Not sure what’s up with that Bob

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, james j neiweem said:

Freightliner is set to launch a pick up. No photos yet. A classic style would be nice. Mack should make an R model pickup. I would sign up. Then again maybe not if the price is anything like an MD.

A flip hood would be nice though! How ever I’m not an md hater I am ok with it  they need to offer it with hydraulic brakes though air only it limits there ability for sales need to be able to hire cheap labour if there is such a thing these days!

• 2 weeks later...

Those little freightliners are neat bob. Like a FL-70?  I have a little Chevy Kodiak C60 that i made a little dump truck. I pull my backhoe with it alot. Its a cat 3116 and eaton 6 speed and juice brakes. With an 11.5’ bed it turns way sharper than my crew cab 3500 ram and stops better with a load. Has the little 19.5 lopro tires. Its got the 90’s Chevy pickup cab and dash. It’s handy as a pocket on a shirt but it would be neater if it was a little mack!! Lol.

Josh

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Macktruckman said:

I guess mack made a pickup in tbe late 30’s early 40’s? A friend sent me a facebook thing off the mack page. 
josh

Yeah buddy of mine got me a picture of one for a birthday gift. It’s around here somewhere they weren’t too hard to look at. I guess they probably don’t think they’d sell enough of them. Personally, I think around 1970 they might’ve been a little bit more popular who knows. … bob

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 3:42 PM, Macktruckman said:

Those little freightliners are neat bob. Like a FL-70?  I have a little Chevy Kodiak C60 that i made a little dump truck. I pull my backhoe with it alot. Its a cat 3116 and eaton 6 speed and juice brakes. With an 11.5’ bed it turns way sharper than my crew cab 3500 ram and stops better with a load. Has the little 19.5 lopro tires. Its got the 90’s Chevy pickup cab and dash. It’s handy as a pocket on a shirt but it would be neater if it was a little mack!! Lol.

Josh

Also, I think a buddy of mine was driving something like that Chevrolet you were talking about C 60 back around 1980. It was a real nice looking ride I was thinking about that after I went to work today those things are really hard I come across late 70s C 60s.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tjc transport said:

yes there was the "mack jr" 1/2 ton pickup. but it was made by reo for 3 years. 36 to 38

The last one I saw in my hometown was 44 years ago. It was sitting in front of a body shop. It had been there for years. It was a wrecker…. Bob

many will confuse a Mack Jr  with the Mack ED pickup. the Jr  was manufactured in  more than one GVW. 1/2 and 1 1/2 ton capacity ; can't remember if a third GVW went higher, an authentic Jr has the logo JR on it ,  many years back I took a trip to NH and met/ talked with Dick Kemp and  we were discussing his Jr parked next to us. the reo pick up =cousin to the Jr is a fine looking unit also. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 7:09 AM, Macktruckman said:

I guess mack made a pickup in tbe late 30’s early 40’s? A friend sent me a facebook thing off the mack page. 
josh

Mack had the ED pickup and the Mack Jr. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Macktruckman said:

IMG_4097.thumb.jpeg.25980d142d3ae679fd0ce9324dd15b1e.jpeg

a closer front picture of this pick up should have a tag below the bulldog  above  the grill which says ED. radiator shell and grill same style  as on the EE and EF I had.

• Like 1

yup. that is an ED. the JR was earlier build by REO to mack specifications. in 38 mack started making them in house.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..