VETERANS DAY 11/11/23

mechohaulic

At least in today's world it seems like most people will thank a vet unlike back in the  1960s-70s. After my discharge in 1968 it was normal to not display anything that would show your service because of the political atmosphere at that time during the 1960s and 1970s.

Edited by navypoppop
Not finished
  • Sad 3

My Brother served in viet nam ' I never talked /discussed it. I'm 13 months younger, sadly as I have stated in other text did NOT serve in the military . not a draft dodger but medical  unfit.  I highly recommend listening to Red Skelton's narration of the Pledge of Allegiance. a wonderful man speaking such a strong message. you younger folk missed so much. Red was a real comic back in the day and didn't have to use the F -bomb to make people laugh. I would bet people like jeff foxworthy and others used Red Skelton as a mentor. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

my Dad was also a Vietnam vet who came home in '68..  I popped out 27 Apr.1969...   He didnt tell me much but I remember how he reacted to certain things,  one in particular was,,,  anything about ''Jane Fonda'' ..  I'm am very proud of my Fathers service..  He doesn't know how proud I am, because I do NOT bring it up..  

God Bless America !!  and god Bless the Service members that protect our Constitution..  

THANK YOU . I received a thumbs up from lady passing me on highway today; believe it was response to back window of my jeep which states NEVER FORGET OUR VETERANS FOR WHAT THEY HAVE GIVEN. all gave some '' some gave ALL,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, navypoppop said:

At least in today's world it seems like most people will thank a vet unlike back in the  1960s-70s. After my discharge in 1968 it was normal to not display anything that would show your service because of the political atmosphere at that time during the 1960s and 1970s.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE ; SIR  ''late '60's were to me the end of the world. as a young farm boy never  knew or saw such unrest in a country ,

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

my Dad was also a Vietnam vet who came home in '68..  I popped out 27 Apr.1969...   He didnt tell me much but I remember how he reacted to certain things,  one in particular was,,,  anything about ''Jane Fonda'' ..  I'm am very proud of my Fathers service..  He doesn't know how proud I am, because I do NOT bring it up..  

God Bless America !!  and god Bless the Service members that protect our Constitution..  

Jane F--- was a turn coat and C--t , please tell Your Father from east coast a very emotional THANK YOU!

• Like 2

Terrific post fellas too many likes very special. Thanks to all of you folks involves with defending this place as far as jane Fonda she really doesn’t even belong in the conversation spoiled little bitch that never really had to do anything but swim in  money and bash gods  best people. my wife said to me one time this place is twisted why is it politicians make way  more than soldiers and teachers????bob

• Like 1

We call it rememberance day in Australia 

Up until recent years people would wear a poppy on remembrance day 

Sadly I was up the street a few times on remembrance day and didn't see another person wearing a poppy 

I seem to recall the flags were always at half mast on remembrance day along with ANZAC day 

I didn't see any flags at half mast

Dunno, Australia is really going down the toilet with it's values in recent years 

Every joker will proudly display their latest tattoo or piercing but not wear a poppy or ANZAC badge 

Anyway, thanks to all those who served or who are still serving 

I hope we all live a full and good life and be worthy citizens as lot of people gave a huge amount so that we can 

Thank you

• Like 1