Got My New-To-Me Ford 3000 Home

Now I need help. What year and location of manufacture is this tractor?

I'm told this is the VIN number....according to the VIN locator on TractorData.

Looks like it says B061729??

So with the B prefix....is this a Belgium tractor?

20230519_002012.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

we had a 74 9000 on the farm when i left. it was ordered with a front loader attachment.

it is still running, and used for pulling wagons, and loading firewood. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

2 hours ago, fjh said:

Sweet unit! relatively stock looking is the alt factory ? been thinking on doing an Alt on my Davey brown!

Not sure what they came with FJH, I'm new to these models. But it is converted to alternator and 12 volt. Because it has a big round plug in the block where the tach drive used to be and now it has a unit on the back of the alternator that drives the tach.

My 55 Allis CA is also converted to 12 volt with a one wire GM alternator.

The guy I bought it from also has two restored David Brown 1200's.

7 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

Not sure what they came with FJH, I'm new to these models. But it is converted to alternator and 12 volt. Because it has a big round plug in the block where the tach drive used to be and now it has a unit on the back of the alternator that drives the tach.

My 55 Allis CA is also converted to 12 volt with a one wire GM alternator.

The guy I bought it from also has two restored David Brown 1200's.

My DB is far from restored ! More like abused! Still starts and runs great 5500 of high abuse hours ! the new to me 580 will share the load now!

• Like 1

That's going to be it's main thing now Mean Green. Tractor shows and parades. And the odd work day at home.  The Kubota's will still be the every day working machines. I went and bought a top link for it today just so I can work it a bit.

The previous owner I bought it from sent me a video of it on his farm pulling a set of discs. So she was a worker.

A couple people that are real purists have already told me they hate the lights, but it makes me smile. I think it's a great parade tractor.

20230520_213817.jpg

20230520_214031.jpg

20230520_214140.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 5:40 AM, Bullheaded said:

So a friend did some digging and told me it is not a 1974. He said it shows 1967, built by the day shift in Basildon England.

It Looks like an earlier 6X series to Me. which ran to '68 then the 6Y series ran to '75.. though I've never seen an early X series with a Spin on Oil filter I thought they all had Cartridge type Oil Filters.

I spent thousands of Hours during My early Teenage Years on a Ford 4000. cutting raking & Baling Hay..

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

These I believe were all built in the UK, like IH 'B' is for Britain or British 

Good little tractors

has power adjustable wheels which is handy if you ever do row crop work 

Almost every part you could want is available so parts are easy as

Paul

Thanks all. Ex trucker and his chicken lights, LOL

I did find free manuals online. But I ended up finding a set of new prints in nice Ford binders so I ordered them.

Someone on Yesterday's Tractors went through my VIN and said it is an early 1967 build with European fenders and floor boards. Told me it was built in Basildon England for export use, and they started to build it on January 27 day shift and final assembly was on Feb. 2

I have new rear spin out rims for the Allis. The ones on it in the pic are all rotted around the valve stems. Just haven't had time to change them.

I'm fearing how seized up all the locks will be. The Allis uses a lot of parts in their spin out rims.

The Ford just has nice big heavy duty, simple lock nuts.

I used some acid the other day to clean the rust off the rear rims. His dog kept peeing on them and they got some surface rust. But they came pretty clean compared to this pic.

20230519_074626.jpg

Edited by Bullheaded

Nice tractor! I spent a good part of my teenage years on a Ford 5000. My dad had a B-414 before that and my grandfather had a 444 International, and a couple of Farmall Cs, but the 5000 was the main workhorse. It was a '68 I believe.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

1 hour ago, other dog said:

Nice tractor! I spent a good part of my teenage years on a Ford 5000. My dad had a B-414 before that and my grandfather had a 444 International, and a couple of Farmall Cs, but the 5000 was the main workhorse. It was a '68 I believe.

That's a nice lineup too. That 5000 must have been a beast!

10 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

That's a nice lineup too. That 5000 must have been a beast!

Yes, it was nice, it did everything we needed to do. We had a mounted corn picker for it, pull type combine, hay baler, etc. One of the reasons my dad got that tractor was because you could get a mounted corn picker for it, he just didn't like a pull type corn picker for some reason. Before that we had a mounted picker for the Farmall C, and it took half a day for my dad, uncle, and grandfather to put it on the tractor. Took a while to put the one on the 5000 too, but not near as long as the C. 

Speaking of the corn picker, I was picking corn in my senior year of high school. I only had to take 2 classes to graduate, so I'd get home from school and help daddy. I was by myself and when I got to the end of the row and turned the corner to go back up the other way I reached back to clear some shucks that were building up in the shuck catching thing-a-ma-jig and something caught the sleeve of my jacket. I got away, but only because it pulled the entire sleeve off the jacket at my shoulder. Thank God it wasn't a better jacket! 

I stopped the tractor, and took what was left of the jacket way down in the woods and threw it away so daddy wouldn't find it, still trembling. Many people have been killed or injured by equipment, especially corn pickers, and I knew better. You always stop the PTO before you do anything, but that one time I didn't. I never told my dad about it, and even though it was in the fall nobody noticed that I wasn't wearing a jacket when I got home.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 5/23/2023 at 8:53 AM, other dog said:

Yes, it was nice, it did everything we needed to do. We had a mounted corn picker for it, pull type combine, hay baler, etc. One of the reasons my dad got that tractor was because you could get a mounted corn picker for it, he just didn't like a pull type corn picker for some reason. Before that we had a mounted picker for the Farmall C, and it took half a day for my dad, uncle, and grandfather to put it on the tractor. Took a while to put the one on the 5000 too, but not near as long as the C. 

Speaking of the corn picker, I was picking corn in my senior year of high school. I only had to take 2 classes to graduate, so I'd get home from school and help daddy. I was by myself and when I got to the end of the row and turned the corner to go back up the other way I reached back to clear some shucks that were building up in the shuck catching thing-a-ma-jig and something caught the sleeve of my jacket. I got away, but only because it pulled the entire sleeve off the jacket at my shoulder. Thank God it wasn't a better jacket! 

I stopped the tractor, and took what was left of the jacket way down in the woods and threw it away so daddy wouldn't find it, still trembling. Many people have been killed or injured by equipment, especially corn pickers, and I knew better. You always stop the PTO before you do anything, but that one time I didn't. I never told my dad about it, and even though it was in the fall nobody noticed that I wasn't wearing a jacket when I got home.

Especially those old farming implements. There were MANY ways to die, LOL Thank God you got lucky there and your arm wasn't in that sleeve.

Man, wouldn't you love to have that tractor and all those implements now! That would be worth some good money now.

I have seen some of those mounted pickers at the Mecum Gone Farming auctions, mounted on Ford N series and Allis Chalmers. I always like when you see an old tractor with an old implement mounted. The guy I bought my Ford from had some plows and discs for sale, but they were all 8 to 10 feet wide.

That's a little much to be hauling around to shows.

• Like 1