Where to source clutch cables

Where is a good place to start looking for a clutch cable replacement for my 75 R600? Mine's not broken, just want to stay ahead of that game.   Is this s dealer item?  How do I measure it to know what length this particular cable is.

Regards

Bought a R700 a couple years ago and lost the cable on the way home.  From what I remember there are 3 lengths available.  A good Mack dealer should be able to get you what you need.  

I was in a bind and was able to get a local supply house to make one for me.

• Like 1

When I have the cable broken in a Cruiseliner at the moment I was purchasing it I went to a local home supply store, bought 2 meters of steel cable stock and 2 easy fix clamps. Put that portion of the cable into the original sleeve (it was relatively solid though) and orginized a loop on each end of cable making it a U and clamping. Not a factory style but I got the clutch operational. If really needed I could fabricate quite quality replacement cable tinkering a bit more. 

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I assume you will keep the old one in a bag or box, for later use?  You never know.. I posted on another thread on how I re-lube my cables.  It works, but doesnt do anything to fix the inner lining or excessive fraying..  Do you want me to post the info again?

Mine showed up today AND it was the right one!!!  That's always nice.

I managed to fit the spray nozzle of of Fluid Film can into the cable sheath and held a rag super tight around it and gave er all the way and got Fluid Film coming out of the opposite end after a while.   It was a little messy but that was a quick and easy way to pre lube the cable!

• Like 1