Vintage Mack Power

It's still a mistery for me how a building could be jacked up without deformations and cracks in the walls etc. Even that steel sub-frame has certain grade of flexibility. Or is that way suitable for some designs of homes only? I mean you can move a wooden frame building but that's impossible for bricks, right?

Anyway I'm under impression every time I see a pic with such a scenary. Have never seen that for real. Only one house somewhere in Virginia which was prepped for move (jacked up) but still in its place. 

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

2 hours ago, Vladislav said:

It's still a mistery for me how a building could be jacked up without deformations and cracks in the walls etc. Even that steel sub-frame has certain grade of flexibility. Or is that way suitable for some designs of homes only? I mean you can move a wooden frame building but that's impossible for bricks, right?

Anyway I'm under impression every time I see a pic with such a scenary. Have never seen that for real. Only one house somewhere in Virginia which was prepped for move (jacked up) but still in its place. 

I'm sure they get some cracks in the walls, but if the crew knows what they are doing it can be done well. They can even move brick buildings, I watched them move a stone arch from a railroad station in Columbus Ohio.

• Like 1

There is some on Youtube(?) where they are moving multi story concrete/brick office buildings. Another one is the moving of a light house or two.    .....Hippy  

Edited by 70mackMB
toss in youtube link
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...