Trailer for your B model Mack

Just putting this out there. Sorry if this isn't allowed. Delete if necessary. Found this nice Schertzer single axle trailer in Jersey. Its the exact kind of trailer I'm looking for and would be great behind a B. Listed on Facebook. Contacted the guy and asked if the price was flexible($3500). He said it wasn't, and that he was raising the price. Now $5500. He's not flexible because he can get more in scrap. 

I was in contact with him and asked about the pin to beam distance, and it measures 60". It's too short to work with my truck, but I have a feeling that the measurement isn't correct.

But anyway if anyone is interested I can give you the guy's info.

Screenshot_20230207_130824_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230207_130856_Facebook.jpg

20 minutes ago, Nor'Easter said:

$5500 in scrap... not on this planet.

yup. heavy steel scrap price near him highest price is 5 cents per pound. so they trailer would have to weigh 110,000 pounds to bring $5,500 in scrap.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Yea I saw that yesterday and almost posted the same thing but refrained. The owner is full if chit. Once you deduct for all the wood and tires you are probably looking at 7,000-8,000 pounds of iron. Unless you cut it up yourself into small pieces yea you are going to get $5/100 for it. The thing is worth $400 - $500 in scrap. 

• Like 1

Prepared steel near me is 7.50 per hundred. Still nowhere close. If it wasn't 2.5 hours from me I'd go and see it. Just to confirm that it won't work. Still looking for something similar if anyone knows of something.

13 hours ago, tjc transport said:

I am going to say angle Bob.

Those trailers are usually 20 foot deck.

Yes, that’s about what I was thinking. And yes, you’re really can’t put a whole lot on there although it looks very solid he would be paying just about what is worth not really getting a bargain…. Bob

• Like 1

A small trailer is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Something that I can throw my 26 chevy on, and head to a show. Or throw a tractor on and head to a show. My concern with a tandem trailer is the tire scuffing while turning. The shows around here are in tighter areas so alot of hard turns.

If this trailer is set with a 60" pin, could it have been used with a dolly?

One thing that confuses me is that he said they pulled it with a tandem Pete with a sliding 5th wheel all the way back. I just can't see that with a 60" pin distance. 60" won't even work with my single axle B.

But yeah, I think greed set in on this one. 

Look on marketplace in the southern states like Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, and Alabama (if your willing to travel). Old, single axle lowboys are very common down there for like $2500. It must have been a regional thing because I never see any up here unless they are hooked to an antique.

• Like 1

Well, it sounds like something you could use up to you  bud of course if it’s close by or just what you want you might want to have to bite the bullet if the tires and all the underneath components are in good shape, you might have to just do it another words ready to work … Bob

Wish I still had it but I wanted an R model couldn't keep both not enough room