59 diamond T

Truelove

Local, supposedly runs but the starter has some problem

I went to get a trailer he's selling so took a couple of pics.

Cummins, with a 4 speed (?)and 2 speed rear.

Floors are solid, but man it's tough to get in and out of. He's asking 3500 but pretty sure he'd come down.

20230126_100723_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20230126_094800_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20230126_100701_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20230126_094745_copy_3024x2268.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, james j neiweem said:

Is this a Diamond-T design and build in house

Diamond T.... yes.   Diamond Reo used it too.  Funny when White acquired it all they never used this design, and instead made that 5000 series .   I think these were also called "china closets" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interior is pretty well shot.

There's one on utube that has the same blue/white paint scheme.

The guy said the starter stays engaged and melted the battery terminal before he could get it off.

But its straight not rotted.

I'm flush on projects or I'd prolly pay the 2500 he's asking for it.

Hippy

You Guessed right!!! That was the dipstick access and also it had a fitting on the air inlet pipe so you could squirt ether thru the door as the compression release cable handle was right behind the  shifting lever.. This model truck also had the counter balanced spring loaded cab tilt which was designed by the Murty Bros of Portland OR

20200201-131204.jpg

Edited by Brocky
  • Like 2

Brocky

waterbury Mack was also a Diamond t dealer  for short time in the day. possibly it was standard  equipt on T's. put some time on the internet looking up  local companies of days gone by recently. now those pictures kicked in memories. 

On 2/6/2023 at 7:19 PM, mowerman said:

pretty fair price if somebody needs it....bob

It has a ball for the gooseneck I bought off him, told my brother it would be a good hay hauler😄

The interior shot is from a different truck, the blue one's is pretty rough.

On 2/5/2023 at 9:41 AM, Brocky said:

That is the Diamond T 931 which is a squared of version of the 921 which was the "China Closet".

Yest that is a sleeper on the back of the cab.. Also a carry over from the 921. This is my 1959 model 921.

59-DT-921-2-028.jpg

59-DT-921-2-026.jpg

59-DT-921-015.jpg

59-DT-921-002.jpg

That 921 has alot more character than the blue truck.

John

• Like 1

The Royale was from when that oil guy briefly owned the company (after White)  Would have been around 1974 to 1975 .  Same time as The Raider was produced. 

Just a fun little factoid .....  during the time of the Diamond T 921 and 931 they were under the leadership of Zenon Hansen.  Same guy that was in charge of our beloved Macks during the Maxidyne / R Model era .  Some believe he saved Mack at that point. (maybe he did)  Wish he had a grandkid to have saved it from Volvo.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I heard Mack almost went bankrupt right around 1965 mismanaged and the R model was the only reason they stayed afloat I heard from 68 to 70 they sold more Mack’s than everything else combined. I don’t know how true that is but when I was a young teenager, all the turnpikes were packed with them U R and F models… Bob