Sidetrack area

mowerman

Looked into Medicare, BC and D today. Got a lot of helpful information down at the old people store guy in charge Was very informative. Didn’t make it look too scary He said when you’re ready for it, come down here and I will walk you through everything and we find the right plan

11 hours ago, mowerman said:

Looked into Medicare, BC and D today. Got a lot of helpful information down at the old people store guy in charge Was very informative. Didn’t make it look too scary He said when you’re ready for it, come down here and I will walk you through everything and we find the right plan

Bob. here in jersey blue cross/blue shield partnered with medicare and created Braven Health.

basically the same thing as a high quality blue cross policy, but it only costs what Medicare pays. 

just something to look into. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

On 2/12/2024 at 7:37 PM, BOBWhite said:

Still got a few decades before I have to worry about anything like that. Who knows If it will be any use by then with the way government programs are.

I’ve Been beating myself to death and these road trucks for a number of years. I never thought it was going to get here. I remember when I couldn’t get into these things fast enough now I can’t get out of them fast enough. Mainly too many hours im too old now… bob.

From what this guy was telling me it’s gonna cost me about 60 bucks a week for a full coverage that was just about what I figured on somewhere in there but it doesn’t cover life insurance but everything else … bob

On 2/12/2024 at 10:41 PM, BOBWhite said:

On a lighter note this came in the other day! Old cast iron manifold cracked into a million pieces on my FJ40 

IMG_081AC5927B46-1.thumb.jpeg.6fb69cdc19d4fd4bf02db071619f1be7.jpeg

I had an old '71 F100 pickup one time, bought it from one of the mechanics that worked in the shop at H.H.Moore's. Pretty good old truck actually, except it was really light duty. It came from the factory with the smallest Ford 6 cylinder and a 3 speed on the column. He swapped in a 351 out of a station wagon or something at some point, so it ran great but you still couldn't haul much with it, or the rear bumper would be dragging. 

The exhaust manifold on it cracked and I located a used one close by, already off the engine. Went over to get it and it was laying under a tree in the front yard amongst a pile of junk. The guy wanted $100 for it, and said "but if I was you I'd just go get me a pair of cheap headers".  So I guess he didn't really want to sell the manifold anyway. It made no sense to me, but I did go get a pair of headers and slapped them on, back then they were about the same price as what he wanted for the used cast iron manifold.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 2/23/2024 at 1:07 PM, tjc transport said:

for black history month, we should recognize the worlds richest african american:

the-world-richest-african-american-326324.jpg

That’s pretty much the size of it and they  are the ones  doing all the crying don’t get it… kind of reminds me of the bewitched show guy‘s wife can get him anything he wants and  he’s always pissed off bob

OK I’m on vacation next week. I’m going to try to take a big bite  out of that nose should have plenty of time for it. Decided to strip and repair one section at a time this grinding the entire nose is just getting too strenuous and tedious Bob

Well, I was gonna do some more grinding this morning but my wife has demanded I take down this old storage shed that she has to look at every day driving into the yard and it’s an eyesore. You need to take that down before you do anything else around here? That thing is driving me nuts I’m tired of looking at that ugly SOB

5 hours ago, mowerman said:

Well, I was gonna do some more grinding this morning but my wife has demanded I take down this old storage shed that she has to look at every day driving into the yard and it’s an eyesore. You need to take that down before you do anything else around here? That thing is driving me nuts I’m tired of looking at that ugly SOB

Thought you were going to say she demanded that you take down the Christmas lights 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

You know, I only put them up once in my life when I lived in California bought a brand new house, staple those around the roof doors windows that was the one and only time I ever did it too much work I’d rather just look at everybody else’s… bob

I was going to cut it all up, but I decided it was more successful to just unscrew all the pressboard and keep the frame square tubing hide it behind the garage for future projects…bob