Pictures of the Week

other dog

now that's a fine looking machine.  back in the mack days , myself and another mechanic convinced the dealership owners to update their wrecker ('57 ? diamond T) . looked at a B75  with quad  that was traded in . they wouldn't spring for the $$$. we ended up with a B61 unishift; not the best but better power then the 'T. thanks for the picture  and all the rest. wish my neighbors looked like the ones car washing .. LOL

Mighty fine looking  unit the color sucks. I ran an F model with the unishift . I didn’t care for it a lot of times, especially cold weather it would hang up in neutral when you were trying to split a buddy of mine back in the 70s ran a full service Texaco station and he had a wrecker that looked just like that one except it was yellow … how times have changed full service. Gas stations are extinct nowadays as a young kiddo work at two of them. I was friends with both owners before I worked for them. The owner of the golf station actually knew me growing up as a little kid lived around the corner from him and he used to play with his kids OK now I’m going on and on boring old peoples stories  Bob 

So Tom, I finally got my Peterbilt. I’ve been begging them for start driving on Monday but it’s been in  deadline for three weeks won’t go into reverse. I don’t know why it’s still sitting in deadline I thought by the time I was getting into it it would’ve been fixed. Bob

They're pretty good, I rubbed them with some brown sugar first, then I coated them well with the top secret rub that I make myself. It's just garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, chili powder, etc. I just buy a bottle of each when I catch it on sale for $1 a bottle at the Walmart and mix it all together, nothing fancy or exotic. I always peel the membrane off the ribs first so it penetrates the meat better. I did all that yesterday and left it wrapped in plastic wrap until today. I smoked it in the Pit Barrel Cooker, which has become my favorite smoker. I have cooked 8 racks of ribs at a time in it before, and a whole turkey will fit.

This isn't today's picture, but here's some ribs in the smoker. This is at Vicki from Florida's house, I had one sent down there too. And you would think that they would burn on the bottom, down closest to the charcoal, but they do not. I don't know how that works, but they just don't.

20210930_113720.thumb.jpg.68d8e61ab7d9f4f0c2caf0e35c416bd1.jpg

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Thousands of investors including most of us starting a huge assembly plant right here in the United States new and improved electrical parts  made here without Chinese garbage and no back order bullshit orders filled on demand …. Sign here …..what’s the problem????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mowerman said:

Yes Tom, that seems to be our biggest issue. Still don’t know why we’re depending on China. Why the hell don’t they just make the shit right here.. Bob

because people are cheap. they would rather buy 10 $300 sets over 10 years than one $2000 set and have it last for 50 years.

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

On 1/7/2023 at 8:30 PM, Joey Mack said:

Dammit Man !!!!!  Now I wish I had another S.S. cabinet to make a smoker...  :)  Look's Yummie...  Jojo

Heard Galvanized tastes better 🤭

Edited by Onyx610
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2023 at 4:23 PM, other dog said:

Here's some ribs I smoked today, just so I'll have more than one picture. 

PXL_20230107_225636746.thumb.jpg.bfa91b8f097595585ad09fcd3dfaf81e.jpg

PXL_20230107_225609586.thumb.jpg.232aa5d0cce512536952dc9772e00acd.jpg

And I know Bob, I stop by FLM where I used to work about every time I go to Appomattox and they'll have trucks that have been sitting not for days, but for weeks because they can't get some part they need for it. 

The last Peterbilt, I had was deadline for three months just because they were waiting on a Chinese DEF wiring harness. I’m hoping this one doesn’t take so long. Bob

• Sad 1

Well, La da dah I was talking to our head  mechanic yesterday morning,they have given up on waiting on shifter reverse switch. Seems they found a place in Seattle that is going to rebuild it instead of waiting for another Chinese part let’s see how long this takes….. like wow man what a country how did we wind up relying on China for everything? Never mind I already know…… Bob