B613T stop engine knobs

I have two"PULL TO STOP ENGINE" dash knobs.The one next to the ash tray does stop the engine,I think by shutting off fuel to the injection pump.The other knob,to the left of the steering wheel doesn`t have any effect.Is this one supposed to cut off air somehow? Thanks.

Wasnt the left side pull knob the secondary throttle cable?  It was a 'T' handle, and some times replaced with a knob that twists and locks.  Trace the cable to see where it goes..  I bet it goes to the back of the injection pump, opposite the foot throttle linkage..  it may also go to a lever on the firewall bellcrank, if you have rods for the throttle linkage instead of a cable..  

• Like 1

handle on the engine stop a straight solid shank;; hand throttle shaft is a "splined" tooth so it can be twisted and locked into desired rpm setting. both knobs should have been on right side of dash one above the other.oops that's R model !! a cable control on left side ??? most controls were air or manual operate( front wheel limiter etc) .  doesn't seem someone would go the time to run a spare cable assy (eng stop) for a non functioning throttle. 

racking the brain cells, there were back in the day units (Mack) with emergency shut offs ( besides DD). the cable ran to a brass valve threaded in to the injection pump between fuel inlet line and pump. like the hand primer pump , cost cutting / better Technolgy eliminated the emergency shut off. wager a bet following the left cable it comes out to the injection pump. the shut off valve removed with brass fitting installed or valve there with broken cable. 

• Like 1

Mechohaulic,you`re right...the cable moves a lever at a brass fitting on the IP,but  doesn`t shut off fuel.The internals must be broken or removed?The other shutoff cable moves a lever just ahead of the governor at the rear of the pump.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, skydawg said:

Mechohaulic,you`re right...the cable moves a lever at a brass fitting on the IP,but  doesn`t shut off fuel.The internals must be broken or removed?The other shutoff cable moves a lever just ahead of the governor at the rear of the pump.

there is a possibility  the emergency stop cable (left side ) is broke internally. move handle in cab then check position of other end at fuel inlet line to see if the lever changes position.  if the cable is broke . definitely want to make sure the valve isn't partially restricting fuel to engine. would be a simple overlooked item if unit has loss of power.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2023 at 10:56 AM, mowerman said:

Maybe it used to be a gas job and it is a choke cable… Bob

anything is /was possible. 1= a 613 (odd number) diesel;;2- gas engine shouldn't require an engine / emergency shut down .  just sayin. I like this forum sure helps keep the brain cell functioning. the brass shut off valve made real good air tank fill valves also. same 1/4 pipe thread. not sayin I took the emergency shut off valves from ole trade ins ; they just "showed up " in my toolbox 😁