Top mount wipers on a B61

Nowadays  there's guys (?) that call a truck with a manual transmission a "shifter truck "   then you might hear them say something like  " they wanted me to drive 62, but that's a shifter truck...it's not on my license, so I got the day off "

• Sad 1

Oh, I forgot to mention that B model with the three sticks was probably a five and a four with a two speed browning behind it for longer legs that was quite common in the 50s, where most of the rigs didn’t have any top end amazing these days. These fools are all blowing my doors off at 80 miles an hour and more.

18 minutes ago, Mark T said:

Nowadays  there's guys (?) that call a truck with a manual transmission a "shifter truck "   then you might hear them say something like  " they wanted me to drive 62, but that's a shifter truck...it's not on my license, so I got the day off "

i have heard that at my place   we only have 2 or 3 left out of around 75 trucks....im thinking thats probably why we have so many idiots here 

7 hours ago, mowerman said:

Oh, I forgot to mention that B model with the three sticks was probably a five and a four with a two speed browning behind it for longer legs that was quite common in the 50s, where most of the rigs didn’t have any top end amazing these days. These fools are all blowing my doors off at 80 miles an hour and more.

I'm not sure. My Grandpa didn't take any interior pictures of it. He said it was fun going from his two stick to the 3 Stick hahahaha. "Bud I had a hard enough time remembering what gear I was in or which stick I just shifted with just two sticks" 'Then I got that B67 with a "Tri-plex which had 3 sticks and I was really blown away hahahaha"  is what he always told me. He called the two-stick a Du-plex and the 3 stick a Tri-plex. He said he enjoyed driving both. I'd give anything to be able to go back and drive them old Dogs with him. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mark T said:

Lots of those guys never drove a truck with no power steering, let alone two sticks.....or know what to do with them. 

Yeah I believe his Peterbilt has power steering. It was just funny to see a younger guy saying that kinda stuff. I mean I'm only 35yrs old but I grew up hearing those old truck stories and as I was watching his video it made my blood boil like how dare you say that most of the old truckers lied about having to reach through to shift both sticks. When he was showing his demonstration on a Peterbilt 359. 

33 minutes ago, mowerman said:

I did mention we have an entire line board of stupid people. I try to tell my donner pass whiteout condition stories and people just talk right over it. They don’t want to hear it. These days they just turn 

around and come back and tell them it’s too dangerous. That’s the kind of drivers we have now and by the way, I guess most of us would like to travel time personally, I like to go back to around 1962 and stay there .Bob

Mine would be mid '90s     

• Like 1

if your going to go back ;; start at the real goood times::'50's .  Doo wop music/'55 -57 chevy/  the real Macks ( no usb plugs). personal attitude way better then today another plus those born in the '70-80's would get a glimpse of the best times they missed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Joey Mack said:

1986, when I went into the Army..   I should have stayed till I could retire..   Of course, I may not have been a Mack Guy,  and got to know you guy's..   

wasn't aware of Your  military time ;;THANK YOU for Your service, Sir

8 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE::  OFF TOPIC AND  I DIDN'T DO IT 😁 ,  circle back:::  the  truck wipers of the '50's were better also. LOL

Your name was dropped again today for off topic 🤣 I believe it was in cylinder pressure out intake. 

Edited by Onyx610
More info
  • Haha 1

No need to thank me,,,   I was in and out in a short time,  Honorable Medical, I hurt my back really bad carrying a 340 Mopar with a friend on ice and snow,  the therapy I needed was more than what the 'Guard' wanted , and I didnt get to go R.A.  I went in the day after my 17th B-Day,  was Out just before I turned 19..  

Yes sir it will mess up 3 on the Macks you know..  He said that with the intake off the engine, it puffs out smoke when running..  Its cool that he took the time to inspect his issue that way..   He didnt dissable the engine right away..   

Yeah unfortunately I wasn't hatched until September of 1987. Graduated Highschool in 2006 and began my driving career at 18 about 3weeks before I graduated. I actually missed commencement exercises at my homeschool because I was training for my first Driving job and had school to work privileges from the vocational school I was attending. 

• Like 1

One of these Days I wanna have my own version of the Rubberduck truck but with Two sticks instead of one and alil bit more chickin lights in good taste. Maybe a mix between moonfire and the Rubberduck truck with my own personal touch mixed in. My own personal truck not just another cookie cutter replica if you know what I'm saying.