‘62 B61T clutch

The clutch in my B61 is getting weak. It’s a CL28 clutch with the 711 and tri-plex transmission. 
we have made adjustments according to the manual but didn’t help much. 
I am trying to decide on replacing it myself or finding a local shop to do the work. 
is it even possible to buy a new disc, pressure plate and throw out bearing? 
Any thoughts or advice on the subject would be great appreciated. MarkF2E2FEDB-0C1C-491D-8DF9-76FEA7348222.thumb.jpeg.f130ccfb2f2a05d76b9b7fbb14217d7c.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

getting weak meaning it's slipping  under load?  the CL28 isn't a good reference to me ; many others on here can translate that number to a single or double disc. i would think it's a mack clutch not spicer or other brand. possibly lipe 

It is not releasing. It is a single disc

I have three trucks with a stuck clutch due to sitting in a barn and my health issues. Now that my health has improved, I need to get them out and enjoy them. They have been started and run to build air numerous times. Does anyone have any ideas on how to break them loose without pulling the transmission? I could sure use some help.

1 hour ago, High Binder said:

I have three trucks with a stuck clutch due to sitting in a barn and my health issues. Now that my health has improved, I need to get them out and enjoy them. They have been started and run to build air numerous times. Does anyone have any ideas on how to break them loose without pulling the transmission? I could sure use some help.

You can try (??) going down the driveway at a fast idle, in a medium gear, and apply the brakes with the clutch pedal in release position.

• Like 1

Brocky

When I say “ not releasing” it is not stuck. The manual says move gear shifter to 5th gear until light raking is felt. Then press clutch pedal slowly until it will shift into. 5th gear. Should be about 1/2 way to floor. 
on my I can go to floor with clutch and wait about 20 seconds before transmission stops and engages. 

52 minutes ago, High Binder said:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to hijack your thread. I thought you had a stuck clutch. I'm not familiar with your clutch or transmission but based on what knowledge I have, it sounds like the clutch is out of adjustment. Too much free play in the pedal? Just my thoughts.

Guess i took it wrong too.   terry:MackLogo:

if you have to wait  20 +- seconds before trans will go into gear without grinding; i would look at the possibility  the clutch brake ( if a single disc  has one) isn't working. looking up from bottom on trans bellhousing through the 3x4  opening, the pilot shaft might have a 3 piece tiny clutch assembly known as a clutch brake. later versions were a one piece unit.  a 3 piece consist  of two fiber disc and one center steel plate. the steel plate  usually shears off the two tabs connecting it to pilot shaft. on the bottom of trans  bell housing is there an adjustable (3/4or 7/8???threaded stud sticking out???? 

older Macks the clutch was adjusted using exterior linkage/ clutch brake internal adjustment. the spicer clutch in most Macks just the opposite adjustment procedure; brake exterior adjust first then internal clutch adjust. you do not have a spicer clutch. If the clutch is working proper under load ,just doesn't allow for going into gear ; i would check the clutch brake adjustment in bell housing. loosen lock nut , turn out threaded bolt ONLY a little does alot.

1 hour ago, mechohaulic said:

older Macks the clutch was adjusted using exterior linkage/ clutch brake internal adjustment. the spicer clutch in most Macks just the opposite adjustment procedure; brake exterior adjust first then internal clutch adjust. you do not have a spicer clutch. If the clutch is working proper under load ,just doesn't allow for going into gear ; i would check the clutch brake adjustment in bell housing. loosen lock nut , turn out threaded bolt ONLY a little does alot.

I am not sure my truck has a clutch brake. It’s a single disc. 17DD4204-4556-49D1-A235-AE2E2D09B806.thumb.jpeg.5b32e950a6def3d1ec2057599bd01ad0.jpeg