Does my truck have air ride cab

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys it has taken my Mack dealer a while to get my parts. Here is what I have with my leveling valve and control rod on my truck.

as you can see the bottom stud was broke off my control rod and the white plastic is broke off my leveling valve.

The bottom photo shows my new leveling valve and control rod. How does the control rod attach to the leveling valve. I have to be missing a piece.

CF362E17-FD67-42E3-8005-9A397BC6B8FC.jpeg

26EC3891-6304-405C-9252-E688BFD14A9C.jpeg

1914E2ED-CE7E-4FD5-96B7-C28A40ADC100.jpeg

Edited by Ricky Beals
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Joey Mack said:

I thought something was missing..  I had a brain fart...  for some reason I cant picture the RD set-up... :(

there all different. Never seen one like that. A lot are on drivers side under the cab 

Edited by Onyx610

It may be a Barksdale universal fit, and you re-use the arm..   Dammit, I dont know why I cant remember it..  I do remember small control valves with the threaded rod and tiny tie rod ends..   for R models,,   I guess im out, til my brain re-starts...  Sorry Ricky...   jojo

8 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

It may be a Barksdale universal fit, and you re-use the arm..   Dammit, I dont know why I cant remember it..  I do remember small control valves with the threaded rod and tiny tie rod ends..   for R models,,   I guess im out, til my brain re-starts...  Sorry Ricky...   jojo

Damnit Joey get your shit together! Rickey needs help….

• Haha 2

So should the arm have come with the lever valve or is it sold separate. I’m thinking I take the nut off white piece and arm goes there. Then put the stud without a nut (missing) on the other end of arm. That sound right guys?

Onyx610 thanks for the help. JoJo has been helping me. 

• Like 1

if you look back at the link Onyx posted, it shows how to mount the arm.  that pic is a rear supension set-up, but the same idea... I think what you have is a universal fit valve..

mount the valve/ and the adjustable linkage; measure distance from the white plastic area by the nut to the treaded adjustable linkage. make a new arm with a piece of 1/16th thick x 1/2 in  wide flat stock (rough measurement ideas) drill a hole on each end ;;install 

• Like 2

Ok guys got the valve and shocks changed. The airbags are holding air so don’t see a reason to change them out. 

So while I was under there working I noticed oil on drivers side front springs. After looking I felt like the oil was coming from the centrifugal filter housing. After cleaning it up and making sure hose’s were tight. I hauled a few loads of gravel and checked the area. It looks like oil is coming from this? Have no ideal what it is, maybe a vent for centrifugal filter housing. Here it is and maybe explain what’s going on here. As always thanks for the replies.

DB438474-BF85-49DF-89D3-58EDDAFCABBB.jpeg

Thats the breather... it happens..  have you put a new spinner in there? #2134  I think thats right. I typed it really fast...  If you get one from NAPA, make sure it is ALL metal...   trust me... jojo  P.S.  replace the lower elbow hose..  I bet it is as hard as plastic...  the nipple on the block is easy to remove, and reseal.. get that o-ring too..   if you cant, use good RTV..   jojo

Ok let’s go back and revisit the leveling valve and arm. I manually turned my valve to add air to my bags. I’m waiting on the lever to come in the mail.  My bags are not leaking down. So my question?? Is the leveler valve only to add air? Does it supposed to let air out of bags when truck isn’t running?

Ricky,,   It does both... It maintains a cab level...  it will take air when needed and dump air when it is too much...  It is a simple system...   If you were to see inside the valve and how it works you would smack your forehead...  :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Beals said:

Does it supposed to let air out of bags when truck isn’t running?

No. It shouldn't....

If the Bags are leaking down Overnight..? you have a Leak somewhere in the circuit..!!

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Once the secondary gets down below 90 I think they will drop(I think). It’s not uncommon for the cab tilt back after a day or a few days of sitting. As said above by hayseed you just have an air leak(s) and you’re gonna have air leaks……So don’t be alarmed if the cabs down. 

• Like 1