Does my truck have air ride cab

I have a 2000 rd688 that is a dump truck. When the air pressure gets to about 100 the cab raises up a little in the rear. I’m thinking this is to only level the cab. Can airbags bring added to this truck for ride comfort? Had an old trucker to tell me I should add airbags to cab and it would ride a lot better and help my front suspension. 

Ok . So the cab ride is out of adjustment. Could be due to worn or broken control rod..  at this point, start fresh..  new leveling valve, rod, air bag/s, and cab shocks..  you can un hook the Control rod, when air is above 100, and raise the cab by hand with the valve lever, place a block of wood under the cab edge. And make the repair..  the air bags unscrew from the cab , if they are stuck, you can un do the bottom, remove the air line and use an oil filter wrench to get thém out..  

Edited by Joey Mack
Poor sperring
  • Like 2

No. It is super easy..  what you see is what it is..  really is an easy repair. Raise the body, set the body braces in place, and right there behind the cylinder, is everything, right in the open..  all the work is done out side the cab, at the rear..  

• Like 1

As Joey has said, super easy

Okay here is my observations of many air ride R models 

I have never had to change shockers, I  have always found that the linkage between the ride height valve and the cab isnt strong enough and must slowly over time bend thru normal use

If I  disconnect the linkage and operate the valve until I have 1 1/2 - 2 inches between the rubber stop and the bottom of the cab it sits on the ride is improved to level of comfort a Mack owner can only dream of 

The little air bag should be sitting reasonably stout but not fully extended

Lift the little arm up and down, fully extend the air bag, the fully collapse it

This will give you a good indication of were you want it to sit and the clearance available 

So once you have established this bend the linkage to suit, however the trick is to have it just a tad higher than were you want so any slack in the valve linkages and the valve and the connecting rod are taken up

Now the lecture, dont waste your time undoing and trying to adjust the ends like most knob jockeys do at the start, remember this was the correct setting when it left the factory and has slowly bent

And there wont be enough thread to get the extra length needed 

Then sit back and just glide along on a cushion of air, oh yeah baby it will be like a whole new truck 

SUPER SMOOTH NOW BABY.........20221001-070617.jpg

Anyway this is what I have found 

Paul

• Like 2

Hey Paul, Do you have the part number for those air bags you posted..   I want to add something like that to my old '48 Int. KB-7..  It looks like I would get a Smooth Ride..  :) jojo

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I WILL NOT !! show my boss, I mean my wife the post...   :)   Jojo   Hell no !!!! 

chicken....

it is obvious who wears the pants in your house!!!!  🤣

• Haha 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..