H67 at Boyertown “Tractors in the Park” show

I didn't get a chance to talk with the owner.  He had a gooseneck trailer that you would typically see behind a hot-shot with a antique Ford tractor with a loader and I think a rake on it.

You could see where a previous set of lettering had been on the passenger door that seemed to indicate the truck had been based out of Maine at some point.  

14 hours ago, yarnall said:

He usually brings it to Macungie and Mack Day so you can look him up in a couple weeks if you get there.  He drove my H613 to Macungie a few years ago and caught the H model bug.  It is a neat truck.  Mike 

Do you have a photo of your H on here? I'd like to see it.

4 hours ago, h67st said:

Yes, there's something very cool about seeing trucks that still wear their work clothes. It reminds me of how things used to be.

Especially 4 trucks from the same company in their original work cloths.. Reminds me of the PRIDE these fleets had in their equipment!!!

• Like 2

Brocky

Paint like that is a thing of the past. Getting that younger guys wouldn't have a clue what was involved in painting trucks like back then. It's all vinyl now. Lots of those old trucks were handsome, and it did involve pride in making them look like that.   Lost art.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 12:48 PM, Brocky said:

Especially 4 trucks from the same company in their original work cloths.. Reminds me of the PRIDE these fleets had in their equipment!!!

Yes, and Ralph Smith trucks were well-maintained. I have one for parts (cab rusted out); I'm using the radiator, front axle, transmission, fifth wheel, and some small parts off of it. Good maintenance kept these parts in good shape.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Brocky said:

That looks to be in good shape.. An easy refurbishment.. Are you going to be able to keep the original patina??

The rockers and floors are rusted, but otherwise it is solid. There are places where there are bare metal.  I might need to have it clear coated, but I will not have it painted.  Can anyone recommend a good mechanic who would go over the entire car?  Thanks. Michael