Full locking rears needed

03' Big Red

My brother has in recent times finally after many many decades had a life changing event happen, he has bought a Mack, think it is 1984 build

His is a ex army (Australian Army) 6x6 and it has 44 rears and has full cross locks on all three axles from new as well as inter axle powerdivider lock and transfer case lock 

It is standard from Mack Australia full time 6x6 fully locking 6x6 

So I'm guessing that if we had it in Australia then they are definitely available else were as we really got the scrapings from the bottom of the barrel compared to the states 

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2022 at 9:02 PM, R.E.D said:

Screenshot_2022-09-09-20-02-28-70_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

I have seen this setup in single axle plow trucks, the little peanuts come out and lock against the outer plate, but I did not think it was selectable, thought it acted as a locker/posi works in a car differential.

Any Mack I have seen with "quad locks" has hendrickson suspension and Rockwell or Eaton rears.

1 hour ago, DieselDog5.9 said:

I have seen this setup in single axle plow trucks, the little peanuts come out and lock against the outer plate, but I did not think it was selectable, thought it acted as a locker/posi works in a car differential.

Any Mack I have seen with "quad locks" has hendrickson suspension and Rockwell or Eaton rears.

Yeah..it engages and disengages at will..Great design 

Back in the 80’s I drove a 1975 DM600 roll off truck that started out as a power company truck. There were two air levers on the top of the dash, one was for the power divider lock and the other was differential lock. In the mud I would flip both levers and it would claw its ways through the mud turning all eight rear tires

currently i have an ex US Navy truck that has Detroit lockers in each rear axle and the air lockable power divider. 

I also have a two axle truck with an air lockable rear axle. It is actually common for the tractors that were ordered to haul bottom dumps her in California