Cracked brake drums????

Regardless of brand you are having an issue with the brake on that axle.  I’d suggest after driving for a bit get out and use a temp gun on each drum and see how much the difference is. 

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 1

TRP drums are junk ???   How about the gold air chambers that are junk ?   Why is it that the guy with the truck has the guys pull him over to see this junk, but the guy's that make and sell it ????  they never have to so much as even warranty it in most cases.  It's only brake parts, guess it's no big deal. 

2 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

Regardless of brand you are having an issue with the brake on that axle. 

Yep, clearly to me there is a problem with this hub on this axle 

Time to drop it all apart, pull the S cam out, the lot, everthing right down to the last nut and bolt on this hub

One drum cracking for me is a concern, more than one on the same hub would be setting off alarm bells in my head regardless of the brand of drums been used 

Paul

• Like 1

im assuming hub piloted hubs, if so, did some one jam a wheel on with one lug nut rather than 2 opposing lugs evenly , and damage one of the pilots causing the brake drum to run eccentrically?  or did you buy budd wheel drums for hub piloted,  I have seen that before...  good luck, jojo