Dpf emulator

its better to fix the problem rather than delete it I see too many trucks coming into work having to reinstall everything after a delete cause they got caught .Better to be in the poor house than the big house

• Like 1
  • Like 1

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

Also to add, your not gonna get any positive info on deletes here. We don’t know anything about them and majority of us are against it because of the problems it creates believe it or not. 

Edited by Onyx610

10 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

Also to add, your not gonna get any positive info on deletes here. We don’t know anything about them and majority of us are against it because of the problems it creates believe it or not. 

I am not against it Its your own business How ever It makes for a bigger problem down the road when it comes to repair because what  and who can you can on to repair it If something goes sideways!

Thanks guys I think I’m going to end up selling it I just spent $2500 to replace the def sending unit the def filter needs to be cleaned and lower dpf housing is cracked theirs another $2500 to fix. I just put a new transmission techu in it that was $2500. I can’t have this thing continuing to break down and I refuse to put more money into an emissions system that’s designed to fail.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2014pinnacle said:

Thanks guys I think I’m going to end up selling it I just spent $2500 to replace the def sending unit the def filter needs to be cleaned and lower dpf housing is cracked theirs another $2500 to fix. I just put a new transmission techu in it that was $2500. I can’t have this thing continuing to break down and I refuse to put more money into an emissions system that’s designed to fail.

Yup  ALL  these New trucks Mack Or Any other make are designed to keep you coming back in one way or the other! and after 5 years they are a crap shoot to own!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Avoid emulators at all cost.
You will have lots of issues with them.
I did think they could be more cost effective solution than tuning, boy I was wrong...

Do a proper DPF delete tuning on your Mack and you will be good.
Again, I am mentioning company that saved me from bankrupt almost 10 years ago (a little less).
https://truckecmtunes.com/mack-dpf-egr-def-scr-delete.html

Direct link to web site https://truckecmtunes.com/

So Macky

Who does your work now if you have other engine or chassis issues?! A lot of dealers won't touch a deleted truck ! Just sayin ! What happens when you have to plug in to check something other than emission related faults !( example )  Say to do injector cups and change Trim codes ? What happens then? just asking!  I get haveing rid of this crap however there are other things to consider , just saying  Let everyone see the big picture here! I'm interested! I am Not  by any means being negative  of your choice to delete just would like to know how you deal with these other issues that arise ! 

• Like 1

We've had some deleted trucks come in, but our service team (of course) didn't realize they were deleted until we looked into them. We didn't do any engine work except one that tricked them (us): the guy's tune killed the ECM and we diagnosed it as such. We didn't replace but instead told him where he could find an aftermarket one and had him buy it. One of our techs installed it for cash on the side after hours if I remember right.

I despise emissions systems and frequently talk about the delete process with pickup friends, even deleted the EGR on a 2011 6.7 Cummins, but I can't approve of doing it to a semi. I'd love to see an MP8 running as efficiently as possible to bring back some of the reliability Mack used to be known for, but the amount of trouble you get in for getting caught is horrible. Local guys have declared bankruptcy because of it.  

• Like 1